Pages from Koningsdam's "Welcome" book

InTheWASide

It makes sense that the higher price is for wine pairings, although, it certainly isn't clear.

On our Dec cruise, we were really interested in the Cabana Dinner, but as we rarely drink alcohol, we passed on it due to all the alcohol being served. I really wish HAL would offer dry options with its specialty dining options.

I wrote to guest services and received a very brief reply stating the price for de libreje is $69 full stop.

So we will wait until we are aboard to further our query!

I wrote to guest services and received a very brief reply stating the price for de libreje is $69 full stop.

So we will wait until we are aboard to further our query!

Thanks for the update. I am guessing then that there is a typo in the Welcome book.

Brad - I assume that the Welcome Book is not something that can go home with you as sort of a souvenir ?

dave

Ha! Probably not. I thought about it but then just decided to take pictures. ;) Go to the front desk and ask nice though and I suppose they might let you. Or spill something on it so they'll have to replace it and then take the one with the spill :p

Edited by InTheWASide

They have 2 Coke Freestyle machines (the ones that have over 100 varieties) and they have cups with RFID chips in them so they only work for those that they should be working for

Also a couple self serve beer taps working in a similar way

Thanks for all of the information! Can't wait until November...

One quick question: Do you know where the Freestyle machines are located? And are they available 24/7?

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for all of the information! Can't wait until November...

One quick question: Do you know where the Freestyle machines are located? And are they available 24/7?

Thanks,

Mark

The Freestyle machines and the self serve beer are both at one of the entrances into the Lido Pool area... Right by the Lido Bar and that hallway into the Lido Market

The Freestyle machines and the self serve beer are both at one of the entrances into the Lido Pool area... Right by the Lido Bar and that hallway into the Lido Market

That's super handy. And apparently (at least on Koningsdam) the Soda Card is gone and now there's an unlimited soda package. I like this new set-up a lot, as I would prefer to refill my own soda rather than have to bother a bar server. "Oh, you just want a soda." It just keeps getting better.

That's super handy. And apparently (at least on Koningsdam) the Soda Card is gone and now there's an unlimited soda package. I like this new set-up a lot, as I would prefer to refill my own soda rather than have to bother a bar server. "Oh, you just want a soda." It just keeps getting better.

I totally agree! And just try to find someone to get you a Diet Coke at 7am :)

Oh, and does anyone know if the machine has Diet Coke or Coke Light, or both?

Edited by fusion927

I totally agree! And just try to find someone to get you a Diet Coke at 7am :)

Oh, and does anyone know if the machine has Diet Coke or Coke Light, or both?

I would guess probably Diet Coke. Likely not both but typically these machines also have Coke Zero

Room service menus and options

a81f1bac58ec186751607605877cb2a8.jpg

2703d59322a227f1e7e37d414cd23b6d.jpg

15dbf989fa868f7b4269d5d1c51d894d.jpg

1c89826e9df811016985639421237827.jpg

cf2ad0be6fb8a31b7ee741d6818def3c.jpg

da2cdc9a8a663eb098b203f5852a5fa9.jpg

Thanks so much for your all your pictures; I find the practical ones (like Menus) very helpful. We will be aboard on May 9 and looking forward to it.

Q re the Breakfast Room Service Menu: Is it possible to go 'off menu' and order something like a bagel with cream cheese and salmon or oatmeal?

Q re Specialty Room Service Menu: Is the delivery charge for the Tamarind Bento Boxes and the Pinacle Steaks IN ADDITION to the regular up charge for those outlets?

Thanks

Thanks so much for your all your pictures; I find the practical ones (like Menus) very helpful. We will be aboard on May 9 and looking forward to it.

Q re the Breakfast Room Service Menu: Is it possible to go 'off menu' and order something like a bagel with cream cheese and salmon or oatmeal?

Q re Specialty Room Service Menu: Is the delivery charge for the Tamarind Bento Boxes and the Pinacle Steaks IN ADDITION to the regular up charge for those outlets?

Thanks

Breakfast answer - I don't see why not. That's always been possible for all ships. If it's reasonable and it exists I've never been told no before.

Specialty answer - I understand this to be the whole fee. You aren't getting the ambiance or access to the whole meal and all the courses so it's lower

• 6 months later...

thanks so much. I haven't seen this before. Wonder if it will go fleet wide?

What was interesting was to see that there was no charge for the "extra" items on the room service breakfast menus for PS, Neptune & Signature suites.

I hope that is fleetwide too if the new breakfast menu is (which is my understanding).

Are they on the Koningsdam? What soda's? Price 8$ + tax?

Can I buy it alone or does my husband need to buy also (like some cruiselines)

Sorry for the crappy english

Thanks for the anwers.

Linda :)

thanks so much. I haven't seen this before. Wonder if it will go fleet wide?

What was interesting was to see that there was no charge for the "extra" items on the room service breakfast menus for PS, Neptune & Signature suites.

I hope that is fleetwide too if the new breakfast menu is (which is my understanding).

Do you think the items from Dive In and PG are also included for no extra charge? The + is not listed.

###

Do you think the items from Dive In and PG are also included for no extra charge? The + is not listed.

###

From what I see here, and on the post on the sticky, it seems to be only items on the breakfast menu that are no extra charge. But who knows?

Just guessing right now. Guess we will find out onboard or when someone else posts.

Are they on the Koningsdam? What soda's? Price 8$ + tax?

Can I buy it alone or does my husband need to buy also (like some cruiselines)

Sorry for the crappy english

Thanks for the anwers.

Linda :)

I was. Haven't been on since April :)

Sodas onboard are Coke Products (over 100 options). The beverage package is everything under $8 on the menu book. You have already paid the 15% with the package price. EVeryone old enough to be eligible for the package must have it.

It wasn't crappy. I understood you :)

Edited by InTheWASide

From what I see here, and on the post on the sticky, it seems to be only items on the breakfast menu that are no extra charge. But who knows?

Just guessing right now. Guess we will find out onboard or when someone else posts.

Our cruise is 12/17, so if that is the first I'll be sure to update.

###