One Loyalty Program for all Carnival brands

Luke Dawg

HAL is the only CCL brand that recognizes any other CCL brand in that you are considered a past guest and get invited to the past guest party even on your first HAL cruise.

I say be careful what you wish for. The other brands sail longer cruises and there are many people that have way more days than Carnival's Diamond level. We could be on the bottom of the heap. The perk I missed the most on our HAL Alaska cruise was laundry since we did a land tour first.

The best deal going is the MSC loyalty match. Their highest level, Black, is better than Carnival's Diamond level, except there is no free laundry. We each got a bottle of prosecco, plate of chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate ship, loyalty pin, specialty restaurant dinner, back pack, and there was fresh fruit in the cabin. We also could have received a free photo, and a one hour steam room/sauna in the spa. There is also a 5% discount on every cruise. This is for every cruise. MSC is trying to build up their American market and it got us to try them and we will go again.

I wish they would combine them too. We usually sail CCL, but went on a 19 day with HAL for it's itinerary. 19 days added to our CCL sea days would have boosted our level. I think HAL does add 1 sea day for every $300 spent while on board. Even though it was our 1st HAL cruise, we were considered 1 star mariners from day 1.

Princess still uses cruise credits. You can go up on your status by either cruise credits OR cruise days. I imagine a lot of the resistance is from Princess since it would require them to change their system to be only cruise days, and I'm sure that would go over well :D.

A slight aside to your post. While on the only Princess cruise I was on (fabulous, by the way), seated at my table was a gentleman who was given an award for the passenger with the most sea days on a Princess ship present on this ship. A very nice gentleman, never said a bad word about Carnival or any other cruise lines. I don't know if this is a standard fleet-wide policy. I was so happy for him. BUT, guess how many days at sea he had aboard Princess ships ?

>

>

>

>

>

797 !

Amazed me. :D

I'd LOVE to see this.

There are ways to make this work across multiple tiers of products; Hilton HHonors is the program for everything from the Hampton Inn on up through the Waldorf-Astoria.

If Carnival is worried about the dilution or "gaming" of the system between brands, they write the rules so they can write in safeguards and still have it be something much better than today to entice upsells to more expensive brands from those who are already experienced Carnival cruisers.

Another possible way might be to keep all of the Carnival Corporation loyalty programs but create an "alliance" between them, like the airlines have with Star, oneworld and SkyTeam. Some benefits transfer while others are program-specific.

Either make a single common program or an "alliance" between programs, and I'll be happy...and so will Carnival's bean counters when they start to see the folks who want to try something a little more than Carnival's product going to Princess instead of X in greater numbers.

Yes, I would like to see them combine. I have been on quite a few Princess cruises, and like them very much. I have also been on RCCL, Celebrity, NCL and Disney. I would definitely keep to the carnival family more if they implanted this.

It's about time Carnival, get a move on with the times.

I don't think it would work.

What I would like to see, and think it would be very easy to implement, is giving the discount and room upgrades to past guests of the sister lines. That particular perk would keep me within the Carnival family more. As it is, I go with the best itinerary at the best price regardless of the line (except NCL, which I avoid)

Carnival VIFP, Princess Captain's Circle and HAL Mariners programs are vastly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And that is what JH said about a year ago when they looked into it. It isn't going to happen per John. Too many differences and they have no plans to change anything. Sorry folks.

When airlines "merge" they become one company and do the appropriate re-branding. They do not remain two separate companies with their own p & l. Carnival is a business entity (see holding company) that owns several different cruise lines each with their own branding, business plans, and p&l. They are not one large company with one p&l. I do not think a merging of the loyalty programs will happen until there is a major change in the above described business model. Managing, reporting, and accounting for this type of reciprocity between the companies would be almost impossible to manage.

I was told on our last cruise on the Breeze by the CD that it wasn't going to happen. :( I too now am Diamond (just made it :)) and would love this. The only perk that would be nice is laundry because we take less clothes. But we want different itineraries.

Edited by rlkubi

Respectfully disagree - American and Jetblue created a reciprocal agreement for the NY market, they never merged. It can be done, there are million more airline passenger than cruisers.

Administratively it makes sense and falls within Arnold Donald's vision of collaboration and efficiencies savings. Think about it 10 brands = 10 loyalty departments.

If they wanted to they could easily figure it out

Not sure how easy it is or not' date=' but the real issue is one going forward. There would be a heck of a lot of P.O'd cruisers as they way that they would attain levels etc would alter (dollars/days/cruises/etc.) They would all have to march to the beat of a different drummer.[/size']

I may be the only one that feels this way, but my favorite Platinum perk is early boarding and acces to my cabin. If they provided this one perk we would be happy.

DW said her favorite perks, beside early boarding, are the Guest Service P&D line and laundry.

We would sail CCL's more expensive lines, but I do not want to start all over at the bottom!

P.S. We do appreciate the P&D return cruiser party.

Not sure how easy it is or not, but the real issue is one going forward. There would be a heck of a lot of P.O'd cruisers as they way that they would attain levels etc would alter (dollars/days/cruises/etc.) They would all have to march to the beat of a different drummer.

They finally noticed that if the brands talked to each other there were some nice savings they could get.

They do realize that younger people take Carnival and than when they get older and want to see the world they will go on other cruise lines.

Would think that smart people over there could figure it out if they decided it made business sense.

I was told on our last cruise on the Breeze by the CD that it wasn't going to happen. :( I too now am Diamond (just made it :)) and would love this. The only perk that would be nice is laundry because we take less clothes. But we want different itineraries.

Free laundry on Princess happens once you hit Elite (150days or 15 cruise credits). Takes 3 days to get back. Find it easier (and quicker) to do it ourselves.

Free laundry on Princess happens once you hit Elite (150days or 15 cruise credits). Takes 3 days to get back. Find it easier (and quicker) to do it ourselves.

Wow, 3 days.....:eek:

It doesn't sound horrible at all. It's factual.

You wouldn't be happy that someone could be collecting economy air miles and then think its ok to exchange them for a business class flight would you.

This is why airlines changed how it works. United now gives you 5 miles per dollar spent, no longer how many miles. You pay less, you get less.

When airlines "merge" they become one company and do the appropriate re-branding. They do not remain two separate companies with their own p & l. Carnival is a business entity (see holding company) that owns several different cruise lines each with their own branding, business plans, and p&l. They are not one large company with one p&l. I do not think a merging of the loyalty programs will happen until there is a major change in the above described business model. Managing, reporting, and accounting for this type of reciprocity between the companies would be almost impossible to manage.

Airline for the most part do, yes. Hotels dont. Look at Hilton and Marriott how many brands they maintain. They also do your reward points based on how much you spent. You spend more you get better rewards.

Also shareholders may disagree with you. Their fiduciary duty is to the shareholders, not the cruisers. If they think it will increase they combined bottom line, they will. If they think it was scare people away and wont increase the bottom line, they wont.

Be careful of what you wish for. If they were to merge, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave partial credits for Carnival cruises. For example Cunard or Princess gives you a point per day, but on Carnival it is .5 point per day.

This or doing what most airlines these days do and base it on how much was spent on the cruise rather than per day.

Be careful of what you wish for. If they were to merge, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave partial credits for Carnival cruises. For example Cunard or Princess gives you a point per day, but on Carnival it is .5 point per day.

This or doing what most airlines these days do and base it on how much was spent on the cruise rather than per day.

The points based on what you pay not only makes sense for airlines, but for this as well. Many people would be annoyed, just like they were when the switch went from cruises to nights. You have to look at it from Carnival's view though. A company of course is more likely to reward people who spend more than less, its just simple business.

Going with the first option, that would just be terrible PR and they would never go for that. I think thats why what RCCL does it the most logical, you accrue nights separately, but your status carries over.

I personally would love a complete merger since I have sailed on both.

It is not just about how much you pay for you cabin. The company only cares how profitable the cruise is. Yes Carnival cabins are more economical but they know they will make up the difference with on-board purchases (Alcohol revenue). At the end of the day CCL wants the highest yield per guest across all their brands.

Remember the majority of cruisers are repeat cruisers, it is crucial to the bottom line to get us back on their ships, not the competitor's

I believe some cruisers fear shared benefits will cause their favorite cruise line to be overrun by spring breakers and tattooed beer drinking bikers. These groups are not travelling on Princess or HAL. I like to have fun, Carnival is a good vacation for me but I also seek a different experience and I am looking forward to our Princess cruise. I would appreciate the company recognizing me for my loyalty.

DW said her favorite perks, beside early boarding, are the Guest Service P&D line and laundry.

We would sail CCL's more expensive lines, but I do not want to start all over at the bottom!

P.S. We do appreciate the P&D return cruiser party.

some of our favorites too