My daughters virgin daiquiris on my drink package?

So you say you never bought her the package? Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure. My first NCL cruise the UBP was new. I went to the bar and asked the bartender to buy the package. I totally expected to be made to purchase her a soda package but the bartender didn't bother, he waived it off. Like I said in my original post we don't use her card so naturally all charges went on my card therefore were included in the package. She was six at the time.

Last year, we had the free at sea and no one ever asked if she had a package then either. When we are together I order my drink and her virgins and never had them separated to charge. I did run into problems when I tried to order 2 alcoholic drinks. They would ask to see a second card which I provided but always charged the drinks to one account. In all truth I would think it would very petty or nickel and diming if a multi-million dollar company insisted on separating my prepaid alcoholic drinks from her "virgin" drinks.

In all truth I would think it would very petty or nickel and diming if a multi-million dollar company insisted on separating my prepaid alcoholic drinks from her "virgin" drinks.

You should be prepared to think of RCI as petty and feel like they're guilty of nickel and diming. They will certainly expect your daughter's virgin drinks to be paid for, whether that's through a package or by the drink. Your package is for you and you alone.

You should be prepared to think of RCI as petty and feel like they're guilty of nickel and diming. They will certainly expect your daughter's virgin drinks to be paid for, whether that's through a package or by the drink. Your package is for you and you alone.

You can think of RCI as petty or think of yourself as breaking the rule and essentially stealing. Your choice!

Of course it made you feel like you were getting a good deal. You bought two packages and used it for 4 people. I suspect that the more RCCL reads of this type of practice, they will once again require ALL persons over 21 in a cabin to purchase the packages. Or worse, "include a fee package" for everyone and increase the cruise prices accordingly.

M

Nobody does business the way that you're describing it.

An inventory is done and assessed based on rate of consumption and the number of passengers.

The price per unit is weighed against the revenues and prices adjusted accordingly.

So If more free drinks are being consumed and eating into their margins, they will either eliminate the more expensive drinks or increase the cost per package or paid for drinks.

They know that a certain number of people are sharing drinks. They also know that some drinks are given away to those with vouchers and in some cases, a bar tender may give more than one drink to get a bigger tip.

It's all accounted for and figured into their costing model.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Has anyone ever ordered your drink and paid for someone else's while on a drink package?

I don't think you are asking if you can get drinks included on your package for your daughter but I may be wrong. You are free to purchase anything you want on your card, including virgin drinks for your daughter. I bought Royal Replenish packages for my daughters when we cruised and they could then use their own cards to get a drink whenever they wanted. It also included bottled water, which was a big savings for us, soda and fresh squeezed OJ.

Be aware that even if you do not give her charging privileges, that block does not work in the arcade so she will be able to use her card to play all the games she wants. You may want to discuss this with her if she is a child who likes to play video games. There is nothing you can do to put a block on that. I had to keep my kiddos out of the arcade.

We sailed in October so I can't comment on the ship full of kids.

Enjoy!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. The arcade is the one thing I would want to block once she is old and responsible enough to roam the ship alone with charging privileges.

Yes I was asking about others experiences on a new cruise line, especially since there more choices than I'm use to. I will consider getting her the replenish package and me the premium drink package. If we did that I'd still be a "thief" for sharing her specialty coffees and fresh juice, although I'd still be paying for it.

As many people have pointed out, sharing is not allowed.

With that being said, my husband and I always ordered Virgin drinks for our preteen boys while on the pool deck. It also helps us to "break even" and makes us feel like we are getting a good deal.

Now let me tell you about all the bottled water we've ordered for other people over the years...

Thank you so much for your very honest answer, sorry about you getting roasted. :(

I don't think giving your kids drinks off your package makes you a criminal. And from what I read about RCI cancelling cruises and not providing accommodations or full air refunds seems like they are more of the thieves. As far as cruise lines increasing drink package pricing because of sharing is pure hogwash, IMHO. From my short time cruising it seems like the cruise lines finds way to make money off its passengers any everyway. In two years time NCL made a great cruise experience unpleasant by making me feel like a second class citizen being nickeled and dimed. Ie things that use to be free were an upcharge, like room service, and having to walk pass empty seats and elevators reserved for suite guest.

You can think of RCI as petty or think of yourself as breaking the rule and essentially stealing. Your choice!

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you would direct that comment to me. I quoted the OP & told her the drink packages may not be shared and you accused me of breaking the rules and stealing.:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Cindy

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Has anyone ever ordered your drink and paid for someone else's while on a drink package?

Wow, thanks for the heads up. The arcade is the one thing I would want to block once she is old and responsible enough to roam the ship alone with charging privileges.

Yes I was asking about others experiences on a new cruise line, especially since there more choices than I'm use to. I will consider getting her the replenish package and me the premium drink package. If we did that I'd still be a "thief" for sharing her specialty coffees and fresh juice, although I'd still be paying for it.

Thank you so much for your very honest answer, sorry about you getting roasted. :(

I don't think giving your kids drinks off your package makes you a criminal. And from what I read about RCI cancelling cruises and not providing accommodations or full air refunds seems like they are more of the thieves. As far as cruise lines increasing drink package pricing because of sharing is pure hogwash, IMHO. From my short time cruising it seems like the cruise lines finds way to make money off its passengers any everyway. In two years time NCL made a great cruise experience unpleasant by making me feel like a second class citizen being nickeled and dimed. Ie things that use to be free were an upcharge, like room service, and having to walk pass empty seats and elevators reserved for suite guest.

Interesting exercise in self-justification. If you want to steal drinks for your daughter - nice parenting, by the way - don't blame it on RCI. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you would direct that comment to me. I quoted the OP & told her the drink packages may not be shared and you accused me of breaking the rules and stealing.:confused::confused::confused:

I think that she was backing you up and building on what you wrote. :)

As soon as you bring in totally extraneous issues you show your true colors. You cannot rationalize away your theft.

Back on topic....

No, technically you are not allowed to share drinks. However, when I was on the Allure with both my kids (3 & 5 at the time), the bartenders - knowing I had the udp - would ask me if they wanted a drink and wave me off from paying.

Thought that was cool.

Oh please. Prices increase every year no matter what. Same service as last year but magically it costs more. For the same exact thing. I get the pop package every cruise and my wife will take a few sips here and there, and yes, we might actually share a cup back in the cabin. I've yet to have anyone come up to me and ask to see if my wife has the package as well. And no, I don't feel bad for the multi-million dollar company.

Interesting exercise in self-justification. If you want to steal drinks for your daughter - nice parenting, by the way - don't blame it on RCI. :rolleyes:

Well thank you for complimenting my parenting skills. I do believe my Princess is an awesome kid. :D, :p

This is one of the reasons why I'm asking here. I don't want to be sneaky about her drinks. What my daughter has always seen is me ordering our drinks and me handing the bartender or waiter my room key to pay. I don't go to one bar and than another. It just seems like too much work for vacation, especially a cruise vaca.

On NCl no one at guest services, restuarants or bars ever made me feel like a thief. In my head if I pay for something it isn't stealing.

With that said, do bartenders acutally split the bill to charge for her drink and include mine on the package? I just can't imagine there is even software that would know the difference.

But I think I will get her a replenish package so she can have as many drinks she wants without any problems and I can steal lattes that I will pay for.

My kid is pretty logical she wont see it as stealing if I'm paying for it.

Edited by EbonySHeart

Just get the child a daiquiri and let the bartender handle it....good grief....If they ask you to pay, pay. If not tip him what you would have paid...just enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes, quoting you but directed at those justifying ignoring the terms under which they bought the package. Sometimes I cannot figure out how to make that clear. Should have said "one can think... one's choice." Very sorry about the confusion.

And thank you for pointing it out so nicely. I appreciate that!!!

Edited by MommaBear55

I don't think giving your kids drinks off your package makes you a criminal.

Criminal, no. Dishonest, yes. Plus if Royal detects you sharing, you risk losing your package with no refund, not to mention whatever personal embarrament that might cause.

Criminal, no. Dishonest, yes. Plus if Royal detects you sharing, you risk losing your package with no refund, not to mention whatever personal embarrament that might cause.

Agree, won't that be a good "learning experience" for the child involved?

Our poor youth!

###

Yes, quoting you but directed at those justifying ignoring the terms under which they bought the package. Sometimes I cannot figure out how to make that clear. Should have said "one can think... one's choice." Very sorry about the confusion.

And thank you for pointing it out so nicely. I appreciate that!!!

I understand...thanks for clarifying![emoji3]

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had dinner with a very nice couple where the man had the Premium Drink package. He only ordered for himself at dinner, but said that during the day, he tipped the waiter well and ordered a drink for his wife, too. After that, the waiter always brought the drink for his wife. When she was reading alone in the bar on a sea day, the waiter brought her the drink without him even being there.

I would not share a package if I had one, but this is another instance where the cruise line does not enforce the rules it sets.

No wonder the youth of today are so bad. The crime is out of control and drug addicts in every gutter. They must have seen a parent getting a free drink at some point.

Give it a break.

Some of you make it sound like Stalag RCI.

Drinks and alcohol seem to be the most important aspect for many when cruising. For me the obsession with drinking and the amount of drunk people has put me off going again, regardless of the good side.

Maybe you should stay with Norwegian as their Stasi may be more lenient.

I read a newspaper article recently about a person being arrested for theft of soda. They asked for a water glass, and proceeded to take soda.

Sharing is when you take a plate of food, that is purchased and cut it in half, and share. However, sharing is not increasing your consumption of an item. Taking an item that was not paid for, is considered theft. According to your purchase agreement, your drink package is for your personal consumption. Getting drinks, virgin or not, and giving them away, to a kid, or perfect stranger, is theft. Now people will say they do it all the time, but would you walk into a bank, pull a gun, and rob it, because someone else did, and were not caught? No. So that is an extreme, but it's the same thing. If you steal, others will suffer, such as myself, with higher prices. Plus, you are teaching your daughter that stealing is OK?

NCL offers a "free" drink package for all in the room. So if one is under 21, than they get "free" virgin drinks. You paid for it. It was not really free. The room rate was raised to cover the free items, to make it look like it was free. Therefore, your daughter never received a free item.

because it would set a crappy precedent and teach the child that stealing is okay? does NO ONE have integrity any more?!

packages may NOT be shared./ and they do not make distinction between giving away one virgin cocktail a day or several glasses of wine

I'd give you a cocktail off my plan if you wanted one. :)

I read a newspaper article recently about a person being arrested for theft of soda. They asked for a water glass, and proceeded to take soda.

Sharing is when you take a plate of food, that is purchased and cut it in half, and share. However, sharing is not increasing your consumption of an item. Taking an item that was not paid for, is considered theft. According to your purchase agreement, your drink package is for your personal consumption. Getting drinks, virgin or not, and giving them away, to a kid, or perfect stranger, is theft. Now people will say they do it all the time, but would you walk into a bank, pull a gun, and rob it, because someone else did, and were not caught? No. So that is an extreme, but it's the same thing. If you steal, others will suffer, such as myself, with higher prices. Plus, you are teaching your daughter that stealing is OK?

What if you ordered a drink for yourself with full intention of drinking it and didn't like it? Should someone else drink it or throw it in the trash? What if you drank half, can someone else finish the drink? What if you drank the whole thing, can someone pour the last couple of drops onto their tongue to taste it? Can someone else use their straw to take a taste of a full drink? What if someone offered you a drink, should you drink it or ask them if they got it off their drink plan first? If they say the latter how emphatically should you throw it back in their face? How quickly should you report them to cruise security? If they are being thrown in the brig and being jettisoned in the surf outside of Honduras if they had left a half full glass of apple juice on the table can their now orphaned 6 year old son drink it?