Parents in suite, minor kids in connecting or across the hall perks??

I have read somewhere before that if the parents are in a suite that the minor kids, not in the same suite, but regular cabin would also get suite perks. Wonder how that would work with them having a blue card, versus the purple suite card.

Stayed in a Royal Family Suite on the Allure two weeks ago, so the cost is not that concerning, but if we could save a few bucks that would be great!

Thanks!

The minor children can accompany the parents into the Suite Lounge. However, they won't get all the perks of the RFS.

Edited by clarea

The minor children can accompany the parents into the Suite Lounge. However, they won't get all the perks of the RFS.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the technical rules when it comes to the reserved seating in the theater or the suite beaches on Labadee or CocoCay? I assume the kids would be fine going to CK.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Just out of curiosity, do you know the technical rules when it comes to the reserved seating in the theater or the suite beaches on Labadee or CocoCay? I assume the kids would be fine going to CK.

Our experience is that CK allows non-suite guests for dinner a limited number of times, but not at breakfast or lunch. Speak to the CK host/hostess about their policy.

I'm not aware of a suite beach at Coco Cay.

The suite beach at Labadee (Barefoot Beach) is for suite guests, Pinnacle Club members, and cabana guests.

Our experience is that CK allows non-suite guests for dinner a limited number of times, but not at breakfast or lunch. Speak to the CK host/hostess about their policy.

The suite beach at Labadee (Barefoot Beach) is for suite guests, Pinnacle Club members, and cabana guests.

I know about the guest policy at CK, but didn't know if it changed if minor children were not in a suite, but parents are.

Didn't realize that CocoCay didn't have a Barefoot Beach equivalent.

I know who Barefoot Beach is for, but didn't know if there was any sort of rule pertaining to minor children not in a suite. Do you think they would stop the kids from going in if their parents had access?

... I know who Barefoot Beach is for, but didn't know if there was any sort of rule pertaining to minor children not in a suite. Do you think they would stop the kids from going in if their parents had access?

My understanding is that everyone has to have a wrist band, and only those qualified get a wrist band.

Not familiar with the song, what's the name?

It's called "Wristband". A catchy song.

The storyline is about a guy playing a gig at a club. He steps out the back door for a smoke and gets locked out. Then, the bouncer won't let him back in without a wristband. :)

"Wristband, my man, you've got to have a wristband.

If you don't have a wristband, my man, you don't get through the door..."

Edited by Paul65

It's called "Wristband". A catchy song.

The storyline is about a guy playing a gig at a club. He steps out the back door for a smoke and gets locked out. Then, the bouncer won't let him back in without a wristband. :)

"Wristband, my man, you've got to have a wristband.

If you don't have a wristband, my man, you don't get through the door..."

Just listened to it. Catchy, now it's in my head too. Thanks, I think.;)

I have read somewhere before that if the parents are in a suite that the minor kids, not in the same suite, but regular cabin would also get suite perks. Wonder how that would work with them having a blue card, versus the purple suite card.

Stayed in a Royal Family Suite on the Allure two weeks ago, so the cost is not that concerning, but if we could save a few bucks that would be great!

Thanks!

I guess I am bucking everyone else here but we have a grand balcony suite and a central park view room linked with ours for our kids on Allure on August 14. When I booked the cruise I specifically asked this question and I would not have booked the suite if my minor children did not get the same perks that we are. I had Royal Carribbean send me an email confirming this also.

I guess I am bucking everyone else here but we have a grand balcony suite and a central park view room linked with ours for our kids on Allure on August 14. When I booked the cruise I specifically asked this question and I would not have booked the suite if my minor children did not get the same perks that we are. I had Royal Carribbean send me an email confirming this also.

I seem to recall someone else having this experience, and it worked out fine. I could be wrong. Please share your experience when you come back!

It seems I read that minor children can accompany suite parents. I think it stands to reason they wouldn't make you surrender your minors at the door to SL/CK.

In fact our experience with that situation was nobody even asked to see the kids cards they just assumed they were in the suite with us.

We took our three year old niece into SL several times and they never asked to see her card and I never got her a free cocktail at the SL bar (she really likes a good single malt) so no problems.

As for BB, we always booked a cabana so we just put names on the list. Again, I doubt they will make you surrender your kids at the gate. I would address it with the concierge before hand and have them put the kids on the list with you.

I think the only issue might be if you weren't with them.

Edited by jamesr3939

We've traveled with our adult children who were in regular rooms while we were in a suite and we never had any issues. I think it all depends on the concierge and maybe how crowded the ship is. We didn't take advantage-Maybe once they came into the lounge. The concierge gave them stickers to put on their sea pass card to allow them priority seating at shows with us. And gave them wristbands for the suite beach at Labadee (we did have a cabana). We tipped really well because he did so much for us that trip. This was a few years ago before the new "royal suite" program so maybe it's changed. There was no Coastal Kitchen at that time so dining together wasn't an issue. Even boarding we all went through the "suite" line and disembarking we all did the suite walk off time. I imagine with minors its even easier.

They are usually pretty understanding and try not to make an issue of it. I often sail with friends and stay in a suite, while they're in standard cabins. I've never had an issue of the friends being rejected when trying to enter if they were with me, so long as I was with them. Further, CK has always accommodated them. Lastly, on the priority debarkation they were also permitted.

They are usually pretty understanding and try not to make an issue of it. I often sail with friends and stay in a suite, while they're in standard cabins. I've never had an issue of the friends being rejected when trying to enter if they were with me, so long as I was with them. Further, CK has always accommodated them. Lastly, on the priority debarkation they were also permitted.

I think you have been very lucky not to have your friends questioned. There have been so many threads on crowding in the concierge lounge/diamond lounge because of people bringing in friends and family. Every cruise I have been on for the past few years has had someone checking Seapass cards at the door, especially the first few nights. Have not stayed on the ships with designated suite lounges, but assume suite lounges are for suite guests, just like the concierge lounge. CL does not allow friends.

Friends and family who are not staying in a suite are most definitely not allowed.

There is now a suite area on CocoCay.

:)

I understand the issue about minor children getting to be with their parents, but if I had paid for a suite and the perks that come with it, I would be peeved if people got the same perks but did not have to pay.

I understand the issue about minor children getting to be with their parents, but if I had paid for a suite and the perks that come with it, I would be peeved if people got the same perks but did not have to pay.

ITA. And for the record, when we travel with our adult children who are not in suites and are not D, we never expect them to get any of the perks to which we are entitled. If we want to be together such as at a show, there are plenty of good seats to be had in the non-suite section. A cabana on Labadee will get them in.