A fond farewell - It's been fun, friends!

GmaPajama

Donna, I will really miss you here. I've had the pleasure of meeting you and Jon in person on several cruises and will always chuckle over Sam's mix up with you on the private island. We haven't cruised in several years, actually since we moved three years ago. We've been vacationing in Florida in the winter. Condo living there and liking it, but missing the water so much.

Wishing you and Jon many years of happiness together.:):):)

Donna, I'm so sorry to read this but it's certainly understandable given the circumstances. I hope you and Jon continue to enjoy vacations in your own way for many years to come, and it was a lot of fun being your trivia partner on the one cruise we were on together. Best of luck, and you'll definitely be missed!

Edited by elycelynne

Dear Donna

I will miss your postings her. You did a wonderful job with everything -- Bon Voyages, Cruise listings, etc.

Best wishes for your DH to stay cancer free.

I know how you feel about having to stop cruising. Both of us have had health issues the last couple of years -- mine worse than DH. And flying is a total nightmare. We have no cruises planned right now.

Best wishes to you both and whatever travels you can do.

You will be missed here.

So many kind and thoughtful comments! Thank you all! This board has brought together many different people, from such varied walks of life ... and turned them into an amazing kind of family. A family that will always hold a special place in my heart.

Edited by GmaPajama

Donna, I'm sad to read your post and sorry that you and Jon are no longer able to cruise...but hope you find other ways to enjoy travel. AM so glad Fred and I had the opportunity to meet you on a HAL cruise!

Hope you do check in now and then...

We never met in person, but I too always made sure to read anything you posted, as I knew it would be upbeat and helpful. Thank you for your wisdom and insight. Moving on in our lives is often at the expense of a treasured activity being left behind....it happens to us all in varying degrees. The saving grace is the memories of past delights and the joy they gave us....they never go.

Hope you and your husband make many more, although new and different, memories in your future.

Donna,

So sorry to hear that you and Jon have decided to stop cruising.

Happy to hear all is well health wise.

We had a great time the one time we were able to cruise together.

My next cruise we will have a lemon drop for you guys.

Kevin and Randi

I was sorry to read of your decision to stop cruising but I fully understand. You will be missed as a valuable contributor to this board. We have never met but I have always enjoyed your posts.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Donna, you don't know me, but I want to say that you've inspired me with your wonderful positive attitude and the manner in which you said "good-bye" here on the boards. I want to say, however, that you should "never say never!" :) In a year or two you may find that you and your husband feel inspired to try cruising again -- who knows!! Don't rule it out because life can surprise us, for the good as well as the bad. Again, your post is so full of cheer and mentions all the wonderful memories and the friendships... it's just inspiring that you close by telling us that you are happy and healthy. May you be just that for many years to come. :)

I find it very difficult to respond here. You are a brave and gallant lady, Donna. We are all only "poor, wayfaring strangers", and we will all be called home one day. But the fabric we weave while we are on this earth, if we are strong and loving as you are, will cover and keep warm many a lonely heart. You and Jon have woven an enduring tapestry together. I can't say more without crying, so sorry.

I have come out of a self-imposed hibernation after a sad event in my own life to say I wish you and your DH well, and thank you so much for all your great contributions to this board. You will be very much missed but I do understand your decision. I hope you find easier ways to travel and continue to enjoy your life journey.

Hi Donna,

You probably don't remember me, but we took over your chore of setting up the M&G on the Noordam from Rome to FLL in October, 2011. Jon had just become ill at that time.

Ironically, I was thinking about you two the other day. So glad that you posted and relieves that you are both now happy and healthy. There are far worse fates than being relegated to non-cruise vacations. My best to you both and thanks for bringing us up to date!

Virginia

Donna,

I'll always remember when we cruised with you on the Zuiderdam through the Panama Canal in 2009 - you and Jon were mainstays of our trivia team!

Sorry you won't be cruising....but hoping that new adventures will be discovered together. Enjoy other areas of our beautiful world!! (after all, you can't cruise to the Grand Canyon, although my DH would like to find a ship to do that!!:D )

Best wishes to you and Jon for continued health and happiness.

Take care,

Laura (and Bill)

Awww, Jacqui - you're so sweet! Truth is, it's sort of difficult for me to see all the excitement about cruising when I know I can't participate. It's easier to just peek in now and then to check up on friends, which is what I'll continue to do.

PLEASE DO pop in from time to time although we'll miss having you here on a regular basis. Do enjoy the travels you do have, stay well and thank you for all you've done for this forum.

Roy

Very sorry that cruising is no longer a good option for you. I do understand. You have added so much to this board, we all hate to see you not be here. Perhaps you will find that coming here and helping out newcomers would be good for you.

My husband took sick in March of 2015. I knew that "our" cruising together was over. I still had the option to cruise solo as I had done before he got sick. But it would have been harder knowing that he was at home and confined to the hospital bed and I did not have the heart to leave him at all.

My husband passed away in September of 2015. I am just now coming back around to living, if you will, and am looking a cruise options.

I truly wish the very best for you and your husband.

(pls. don't go!)

Donna,

You may not even remember - but I was on a cruise the week after you many years ago and you were kind enough to leave some a "goodie bag" behind of some fun things your group had for the week.

It was so fun boarding and having something waiting on me - made me feel super important that cruise!!!!

Hopefully you have a million memories like that that can bring you smiles as you remember your cruising years.

Michelle

Donna,

I am happy that Jon is a survivor, but sad that you are no longer cruising. I remember what fun we all had on the Voyage of the Pink Flamingos on Noordam in 2010, and the M&G that you and Sheila hosted. I also remember and truly appreciate your kind encouragement of my efforts when I started live-blogging.

I have missed you on the HAL board, and I hope you do come back to us "to just peek in now and then to check up on friends."

All the best to you both,

Dave