Children at Chef's Table?

What's been the scene with kids showing up with their parents at the Chef's Table dinner? We've paid for this evening, hoping it will be quiet and enjoyable with no kids present. Any unruly kids? Or were they generally quiet and obedient, behaving themselves?

Like always, it depends on the parents. We had two screaming, rowdy kids at the table and the idiot parents just sat there doing nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you spoke up! I would have said something to the parents. In this day when everyone's child is the perfect little snowflake, parents do not always realize others may not feel the same. I love kids and have been lucky in that I have only once seen seen children behaving badly and that lasted only long enough for me to close the elevator door.

Chefs Table is awesome and everyone should try it. On Majesty 5/27, we had the Chefs Table with a total of 6 guests, all adult. The wine sommelier for our evening was an officer by day and worked as a manger of the WJ during Breakfast/Lunch. Great gentleman, he kept us informed of all we needed to know. Chefs Table limit is 12 people, Friday night was 6, Saturday was full, Sunday 10. None of those guest had children. If a guest wants to pay the $85 per child, I would have no problem with them there.

We live in a new world these days. I would hope the kids will be well behaved. My kids are adult now with kids of their own. We always included my kids in any special dinners or events we did. I was glad they acted appropriately.

Like always, it depends on the parents. We had two screaming, rowdy kids at the table and the idiot parents just sat there doing nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since DW teaches high school, oh boy, she will likely go off.

Since DW teaches high school, oh boy, she will likely go off.
Have enjoyed the Chefs Table on several ships and have enjoyed each and everyone, never had children attend, thank goodness! The Chefs Table is not something small children should attend period:rolleyes:.....K.O.

On RC's Dining Package page for Chef's Table packages it says guests must be over 21. I can't find a page for CT (NON-package).

As kid friendly as I am, I have to agree it is not good for (most) kids, especially younger kids.

I don't think kids at Chef's table is a serious concern. I've done a whole bunch including on Royal and Princess and I've never seen any kids. Any sensible parent would know it's not something most kids would enjoy and they would get bored quickly. I do think it's inconsiderate to the other diners for someone to bring a kid to a Chef's Table. It's very expensive and I would not like to have it spoiled with children hanging around. Some things are really just for adults to enjoy.

I don't think kids at Chef's table is a serious concern. I've done a whole bunch including on Royal and Princess and I've never seen any kids. Any sensible parent would know it's not something most kids would enjoy and they would get bored quickly. I do think it's inconsiderate to the other diners for someone to bring a kid to a Chef's Table. It's very expensive and I would not like to have it spoiled with children hanging around. Some things are really just for adults to enjoy.

Absolutely agree! This isn't a venue for your kids folks

On RC's Dining Package page for Chef's Table packages it says guests must be over 21. I can't find a page for CT (NON-package).

As kid friendly as I am, I have to agree it is not good for (most) kids, especially younger kids.

Now that we have that settled... :)

Now that we have that settled... :)

They have always allowed children, but, you could not prebook them, you had to wait till on the ship. It still might be that way, I don't know. We would have to hear from someone who has tried to prebook a child on the planner

Parents, again to reiterate, children should not be brought to the Chefs table, period. It is an adult venue period....K.O.:)

Does CT qualify as a specialty restaurant? It may or may not.

Every time we've been, there have not been any kids. The only plus side I see of bringing the kids is the parents get their share of the wine.:rolleyes::p

But I would get up and walk away if children under 18 were at the table and I would not pay for the dinner.

Having said that, I have seen young people who were more polite, ate with better table manners and knew how to act at a special dinner than many adults.

If you are unfortunate to be seated with a big family, then, depending on the family, you are not going to have a good time, again get up and leave.

Edited by north29

If there's kids there, and behaving themselves, not a problem. But if they're there and unruly, you better believe it we'll be making a scene, telling the parents to remove them asap.

Does CT qualify as a specialty restaurant? It may or may not.

Every time we've been, there have not been any kids. The only plus side I see of bringing the kids is the parents get their share of the wine.:rolleyes::p

I believe chefs table is not considered a specialty restaurant, and that it is 21 and over. Its a wine pairing dinner.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We've done several Chef's Table dinners on different ships, and we've never seen any kids. The $85 charge for a child who can't drink the wine might be a little steep! Seems to me the cost would keep most folks from bringing kids.

In addition, the event is all about WINE. It's a multi course meal with a different WINE with each course. There is a sommelier who talks about each wine as it's served. It's just not a kid activity. I wouldn't worry about it!

Judy

CT is our favorite cruise event. Unless you count the very drunk and obnoxious 40 year old who acted like an immature 4 year old on Allure, no children have ever been present. (We knew her age, occupation, and more than anyone wanted to know because she couldn't resist telling us every detail of her life.)

Hoppy

We had the same issue a few months back. The parents didn't give a damm that their precious children were banging the plates with silverware, shouting and just being obnoxious.