Where do you keep your luggage in your stateroom?

On our last cruise (first cruise for us) we kind of just lived out of our suitcases and put them on the window seat and couch in Promenade room. It took up too much space but we just didn't take the time to rearrange anything.

Do you bring extra hangers to hang your clothes? Put suitcases in closet? Do you have any other tips to make the small staterooms more functional?

Put your suitcases under the bed, where they fit very nicely and are out of the way. If you need more storage space, use them for things you don't need often.

If you need more hangers, you cabin steward can usually get them for you.

As all suggested, keep the luggage under the bed. We put carry on inside of larger suitcase. In addition, if you are sailing during the winter, keep you winter coat inside the carry on. Less bulk in the closet, the better. If we carry a third piece of luggage, a dress/suit case, we sometimes bring our own hangers including wire hangers. The kind that take up much less room in the closet then the traditional wood hangers. Of course this depends on how much luggage you bring and how long your cruise is.

Enjoy.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I also nestle the luggage and store them under the bed.

I bring extra wire hangers (packed in a plastic grocery bag so they don't "catch" onto clothes or poke a hole in the suitcase). I just like knowing there are enough of my own. (On one cruise on a different cruiseline, the steward did not have any extra hangers to give us, so we don't count on that anymore)

Definitely under the bed, and anything we seldom need we just leave in the luggage. I keep the suitcase unzipped and the handle turned outward, so I can easily retrieve and open it as needed.

The first couple of cruises I stashed the suitcases in the closet, but finally realized it was completely unnecessary with all of that empty space under the bed.

As everyone has said, under the bed works well. If you need to, lift the bed a couple of inches and then slide under, that way you can clear the bed frame, and then drop the bed down again. Also, some people open the suitcase and lay flat and use the open case as a laundry hamper.

Never had any problems getting extra hangers.

Our last cruise there were four women/girls sharing an inside so space was tight. We had hard-side luggage that we unzipped and opened up to slide under the beds. We used one for a laundry "hamper" and the others were used like drawers. It worked perfectly to get things out of the way and save on space.

Our last cruise there were four women/girls sharing an inside so space was tight. We had hard-side luggage that we unzipped and opened up to slide under the beds. We used one for a laundry "hamper" and the others were used like drawers. It worked perfectly to get things out of the way and save on space.

I like this idea, we have one piece of luggage like that, it's hard sided and just a bit too big to fit under the bed, but this is a great solution.

On our last cruise (first cruise for us) we kind of just lived out of our suitcases and put them on the window seat and couch in Promenade room. It took up too much space but we just didn't take the time to rearrange anything.

Do you bring extra hangers to hang your clothes? Put suitcases in closet? Do you have any other tips to make the small staterooms more functional?

Under the bed.

All of the info is right on. Just another tip. We bought a pop up hamper for our dirty laundry. It fits nicely in our suitcase for travel and in the closet of the cabin for very easy access.

The cabin steward will often place extra linens and other items under the bed so look when you are placing your cases there. You may have to rearrange slightly.

When we have 3 in our aft balcony cabins, we store the largest suitcases on the balcony. We bring large garbage/lawn bags to cover them in case of rain. They are out of the way and we have plenty of room under the bed for 3-4 medium sized cases

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we have 3 in our aft balcony cabins, we store the largest suitcases on the balcony. We bring large garbage/lawn bags to cover them in case of rain. They are out of the way and we have plenty of room under the bed for 3-4 medium sized cases

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Interesting idea. I'll have to remember this one for future reference.

I put our two huge suitcases in the closet and they fit fine. I nest any smaller luggage in the large ones. I just put them on one end of the closet and hang the tops and shirts above them since they are pretty tall (31"). My luggage is too large to get under the bed.

Gwen :)

We unpack the minute we get our bags on embarkation day. I'm able to keep mine under the bed, but my mom, whom I usually cruise with, has a larger bag that doesn't quite fit, so it goes in the corner of the room by the bed where it is mostly out of the way.