Your favourite items on Princess' current MDR menu

If you can afford a few calories - the chocolate frosted donuts topped with sliced almonds are amazing. If you want to remain virtuous, the bran muffins are really good too! Another International cafe secret - if you go in the middle of the afternoon, they will fix you a fruit and cheese plate to take back to your room to have with a glass of wine on your balcony. They have several types of cheese, dried fruits, nuts and fresh fruits and packaged crackers. Really nice!

My sister's was the same. We both freaked out and complained to Godfrey. After that, we ate in the buffet and we're much happier. The Royal's buffet is awesome.

could not agree more -- the Royal's buffet is AWESOME! My husband is a Chef and after two nights in the MDR we spent the cruise of the cruise in the buffet because it was THAT GOOD. (the cheese displays are amazing up there. Even if you do eat in the MBR I encourage you to make a plate of great cheese to enjoy in your stateroom)

If you can afford a few calories - the chocolate frosted donuts topped with sliced almonds are amazing. If you want to remain virtuous, the bran muffins are really good too! Another International cafe secret - if you go in the middle of the afternoon, they will fix you a fruit and cheese plate to take back to your room to have with a glass of wine on your balcony. They have several types of cheese, dried fruits, nuts and fresh fruits and packaged crackers. Really nice!

Great tip! I might have to check that one out! :D

Definitely love the IC chocolate donuts too !!

A wonderful way to start my cruise day :)

Srpilo

I was on the Regal for 25 days this Spring and rarely saw the buffet! :D Just not my thing although a few of my table mates raved about some of the great choices they had for lunch. I did go a few times in the a.m. for fruit.

I had lamb every time it was on the menu, something I never cook at home and our local grocery doesn't carry it. It was excellent. When I cruise, I try to eat things I don't cook for myself, different types of fish, veal if they have it, pork of course, never chicken.

I was pleasantly surprised with menu choices, the preparation this cruise. My previous cruise was on the Emerald and I thought meals were good. I'm back on the Emerald this coming Spring so it will be interesting to compare, especially being in Australia! :D

Thanks so much for everyone's comments! We will be cruising Princess for the first time next year and are looking forward to it! Going to have to start my list of "must eat" now.

Funny, our next Princess cruise is only seven days, and on Emerald which we haven't been on yet, not sure how we will fit everything in we want to try.

My favorite is the chocolate flourless cake served in any of the dining rooms(not specialty) on the first night only. I Don't go to the buffet ,so I have no idea if it's offer there ,but if it is I might have to start going to the buffet. Wish they would offer this after the first night, but they don't. I've asked.

One cruise A head waiter did reserve a whole cake and then served it to our table the next night. :)

Julie

One of my favorites from the old “always available” menu was the salmon. This past February on the Royal I asked if I could get salmon even though it is no longer on the menu. Sure enough I could get salmon any night I asked for it.:D

My wife's and my favorite too.....

My favorite is the chocolate flourless cake served in any of the dining rooms(not specialty) on the first night only. I Don't go to the buffet ,so I have no idea if it's offer there ,but if it is I might have to start going to the buffet. Wish they would offer this after the first night, but they don't.

Julie

I've seen it in the buffet, but I don't remember if it was the first day or later.