Your favourite items on Princess' current MDR menu

The fettuccine alfredo is delicious. You can have it as an app or main dish and I've had waiters offer to add chicken if you're going to have it as a main course. You can also get it in a cheese bowl that is also really good.

If you get the fettuccine Alfredo as an app, make sure you ask for it in the cheese bowl, otherwise it might come without it. The bowl is wonderful!!

Ask for 2 parmasian baskets. You are on vacation!

After a few nights, a waiter on a recent cruise brought me 3.

That was ok, too.

Princess makes really good dinner rolls. I have to pace myself with the dinner rolls and butter before the meal is served. Also, I like to have cold soup in addition to whatever I am going to order, just because I never make cold soup at home.

I like the trio of lamb, chicken and something else. Can't remember but it's usually on when the southern fried chicken is.
On the Royal, this is what the trio looked like. Can't remember what the third item was but I think it was veal. Mine came as a slice of fat. I ordered the lamb chop medium rare. I'd hate to see what rare would have been. The chicken was delicious.

66dce2bc0e18b366b6f0b8e521e4b828.jpg

On the Royal, this is what the trio looked like. Can't remember what the third item was but I think it was veal. Mine came as a slice of fat. I ordered the lamb chop medium rare. I'd hate to see what rare would have been. The chicken was delicious.

I think I'll pass on that.

That would have turned me off dinner entirely that night. I would have been on Lido deck getting a slice or two of pizza.

I ordered the trio once. Once. It was gross. Meat was tough - they overcooked mine rather than undercooked like Pam's. The chicken was the only edible part. Never again.

I love the twice baked goat cheese souffle, any dessert souffle, eggplant parmesan, fettuccine alfredo.

I haven't been on since Curtis Stone was introduced, and won't be any time soon. (HAL this year!) What did they add/replace? Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

That would have turned me off dinner entirely that night. I would have been on Lido deck getting a slice or two of pizza.
My sister's was the same. We both freaked out and complained to Godfrey. After that, we ate in the buffet and we're much happier. The Royal's buffet is awesome.

Hello,

Our next cruise will be our first cruise on a Princess cruise ship, and as such we have never sampled their main dining room menu. What are some of your favourite items on the menu that are not to be missed?

Flourless chocolate cake. Only served one night. The last ones we have been on served it on embarkation night.

Edited by crews4fun

Creme Brulee. My "go to" for dessert on Princess. I also agree about the fettuccine alfredo. I've never had it with the sliced chicken breast on top but keep meaning to do so. I haven't cruised since last fall so our upcoming southbound after our land tour will be my first experience with the new "Curtis Stoned" (not a typo) menus. This may lead me to finally have the full portion with the chicken as I've heard that a number of standard items have been replaced with these new offerings.

Edited by Thrak

I guess the OP didn't specify entrees, but that was my assumption when I read the question. I'm curious: Are people unenthused about all the entrees, or is it just that apps and deserts come to mind?

As Pam mentioned, some of the "always available" entrees have been removed to make way for the Curtis Stone stuff, but I'll say this: Pretty much all the fish entrees I've had I'd get again. I'm not a big shellfish guy, so I'm talking about fish fillets. I like them all, and on a cruise, whenever you can eat healthy that's a good thing.

P.S.: I'd say 90 to 95 percent of the hot soups are winners too.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49