Your favourite items on Princess' current MDR menu

The escargot is amazing! Grab a few rolls and I clean that plate everytime.

Also as an FYI if you're in the Caribbean and they only have the Caribbean shrimp cocktail on the menu you can always ask for one with cocktail sauce, I always have one to kick off dinner. [emoji41]

I for one actually enjoyed the Curtis Stone entrees. While I do miss the beef medallions, I thoroughly enjoyed the pork and the beef dishes on our recent cruise on the Royal.

I'm curious - what exactly are some of these Curtis Stone menu items that people don't care for, and why? Are they cooked poorly or are they just weird items that people don't like? I don't know who Curtis Stone is (not a foodie I guess) :)

One of my favorites from the old “always available” menu was the salmon. This past February on the Royal I asked if I could get salmon even though it is no longer on the menu. Sure enough I could get salmon any night I asked for it.:D

I'm curious - what exactly are some of these Curtis Stone menu items that people don't care for, and why? Are they cooked poorly or are they just weird items that people don't like? I don't know who Curtis Stone is (not a foodie I guess) :)

Here are the ones from our cruise on the Royal in March.

d95f6dd8057a96d2743ee452e62fa7a0.jpg

Hello,

Our next cruise will be our first cruise on a Princess cruise ship, and as such we have never sampled their main dining room menu. What are some of your favourite items on the menu that are not to be missed?

None, the buffet on the Regal/Royal are way better than the MDR.

On our Mex Riv in April, I tried three of the new Curtis Stone dishes and really liked all of them. One was chicken pot pie with leeks, another was a seafood stew, and the third was the pork cheeks. Now the pork cheeks sounds weird, but it was actually really good and my sister said it is very hard to prepare. I would order all of them again.

My favorite though is the escargot, followed by the petite filet mignon with prawns, and pretty much everything on the Italian night menu.:D

I love the veal bow tie pasta. It's usually offered one night under the pasta choices. It's not an entree so if you want to make it your entree, order two. On our Regal cruise in December we will most likely eat most of our meals in the buffet but I will definitely go to the MDR the night they have the Veal Bow tie pasta. :):):)

So many things...

The Goats cheese soufflé

The Alfredo BUT the Parmesan basket is a MUST.

The Cesar salad, the tri tip (if it's still there).:confused:

If they fill it the Curtis Stone Chicken pie isn't too bad, just sometimes they seem to forget to fill the thing.:(

Rhe pumpkin crepes (vegetarian entree) are fantastic. Thoroughly enjoy those. Most fish dishes are pretty good. The Indian dishes are often quite tasty. Beef tends to be hit or miss in my experience, sometimes great sometimes dry or really tough or grisly.

Hubby loves the country chicken breast, orders it virtually every dinner along with whatever other main.

The sorbets are fantastic too. New fresh made flavor every day - it's fun trying to guess what's coming and then trying the new flavors. And the shuffles are usually excellent

Enjoy!

We found the Curtis Stone Maui-Maui to be VERY dry. Sad because we normally love Maui-Maui.

We've never found Maui-Maui to be dry, usually a very lush island! Lol... Mahi-Mahi however, can be dry when it's overcooked, no matter who does it. My father just murdered his Mahi-Mahi every time he made it, waste of a good fish, we could play hockey with it. Yuck. Compared to that, the Curtis Stone one wasn't all bad...

One of my favorites from the old “always available” menu was the salmon. This past February on the Royal I asked if I could get salmon even though it is no longer on the menu. Sure enough I could get salmon any night I asked for it.:D

Salmon was on the Always menu on the Emerald a few weeks ago.

My sister's was the same. We both freaked out and complained to Godfrey. After that, we ate in the buffet and we're much happier. The Royal's buffet is awesome.

Glad to hear the buffet is good on the Royal,, doing a 14 day TA in 2017.

We are doing a New Years cruise, plan to eat at the Crown Grill the entire cruise. Was thinking about doing the same on the Royal but see the layout is very different, may be noisy... maybe will mix it up between the Grill and buffet.

Please pardon my ignorance: What exactly is Chocolate Journey?

it's all of the Norman Love chocolate desserts that have been added in the last couple of years. They are all excellent!!!!

I forgot to add to look for the night the Head Waiters make Pasta Arrabiatta. It's my very favorite dish (but you have to like spice).

it's all of the Norman Love chocolate desserts that have been added in the last couple of years. They are all excellent!!!!

I forgot to add to look for the night the Head Waiters make Pasta Arrabiatta. It's my very favorite dish (but you have to like spice).

For the Pasta Arrabiatta: Do you mean spicy as in hot (burn your mouth off), or spicy as in strong flavors?

This Pistachio dessert... OH MY! We also noticed, that regardless of where we went, we bumped into the International Cafe... I swear it was the weirdest thing ever!

16943487897_9ebb2a75b9_c.jpg

I'm also a huge seafood fan, so Lobster is always a favorite for me...

16963360530_5167c99616_c.jpg

17158190291_10a1217651_c.jpg