Steak house

khewston

If you do not like the free bottle of wine, you can get 50% off any bottle(s) they have in stock. Some people have not gotten their luggage, so the first night is a bit more relaxed than others.

Edited by dacsmom

What is the attire usually? I get the 1st night since luggage may not have arrived, but curious if nice MDR attire will suffice.

As I understand it the steakhouse attire follows MDR attire night for night.

So if it is formal night in the MDR then it is formal night in the steakhouse and vice versa.

First night is casual. :)

If you do not like the free bottle of wine, you can get 50% off any bottle(s) they have in stock. Some people have not gotten their luggage, so the first night is a bit more relaxed than others.

Obviously if you are on the Cheers package the free bottle of house wine has no real benefit, so maybe upgrade to a nice expensive bottle which isn't available by the glass in the SH at a 50% discount, even though I am hoping that there will be good quality wines by the glass available in the Specialty Restaurants ?

it's the same wine menu throughout the ship. They have some very good wines. We primarily drink red and the Beefcake Cab was quite tasty at $9.95 a glass. We had Cheers so we had 2 glasses a night with dinner. The free red that came with the first night was a cheapo red, not much flavor.

On the first night if you tell them your luggage hasnt arrived they should allow you in. If not it is their loss.

I always have at least one change of clothes in my carryon. If you know you'll be eating in the steakhouse the first night, carry your long pants on and be properly attired for the venue.

What are the perks to booking this on the first night of the cruise?

Aside from the free bottle of wine, the steakhouse is usually less busy on the first night, at least before 7:00. Also, as cruisnpsychRN pointed out, shorts are NOT allowed. Best to pack a pair of long pants in your carry on, just in case in your checked luggage doesn't arrive before dinner time. By the way, if you like seafood, the Chilean sea bass is excellent, and the surf & turf is also very good.

Off topic to pusywillow: If you would stack your countdown clocks vertically, instead of having them side-by-side horizontally, then everyone's posts on here wouldn't be stretched out so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to read them.

Off topic to pusywillow: If you would stack your countdown clocks vertically, instead of having them side-by-side horizontally, then everyone's posts on here wouldn't be stretched out so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to read them.

To continue off-topic...It looks ok to me. no scrolling needed

I changed my settings to not show any signatures and the problem went away for good.

I can think of one reason not to book the steakhouse on the first night. On the Magic We ate a marvelous steak on the first night only to find when we showed up the second night in the main dining, the waiter told us our normal table was given to someone else since we were a no show the first night. He said he would find us a new place. We were placed in a high traffic area with terrible service. We were always waiting on dessert while the majority of the population had left. This is about the only complaint we had for any cruise we've taken so we consider ourselves very happy carnival cruisers.

It probably depends on whether or not you have you have a wide screen.

They are definitely side by side rather than stacked but i have wide screen and high resolution so it doesn't stretch my screen like it could on a regular 4:3 screen and/or with lower resolution.

Aside from the free bottle of wine, the steakhouse is usually less busy on the first night, at least before 7:00. Also, as cruisnpsychRN pointed out, shorts are NOT allowed. Best to pack a pair of long pants in your carry on, just in case in your checked luggage doesn't arrive before dinner time. By the way, if you like seafood, the Chilean sea bass is excellent, and the surf & turf is also very good.

Glad this question came up as DH and I are booked for the first night on our upcoming Sunshine adventure it is my birthday but we don't drink any alcohol. Do they have nonalcoholic ciders. We do enjoy a sparkling cider with a good meal We would bring our own but these cruise lines are getting so strict about bringing anything to drink on board.

On a previous cruise we had 6:00 first night steakhouse reservations. We assumed by boarding early with FTTF, our luggage would arrive with plenty of time. Well, that didn't happen.

We called to reschedule, since all we had were the shorts we were wearing. They said not to worry and we can come anyway in what we were wearing.

Anyway, our luggage showed up at 5:30, so we had enough time to change into different clothes anyway. But we did notice people who were wearing shorts and t-shirts...

So, they apparently don't enforce the dress code on the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a previous cruise we had 6:00 first night steakhouse reservations. We assumed by boarding early with FTTF, our luggage would arrive with plenty of time. Well, that didn't happen.

We called to reschedule, since all we had were the shorts we were wearing. They said not to worry and we can come anyway in what we were wearing.

Anyway, our luggage showed up at 5:30, so we had enough time to change into different clothes anyway. But we did notice people who were wearing shorts and t-shirts...

So, they apparently don't enforce the dress code on the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe it depends on each individual steakhouse hostess/host on each ship. We had steakhouse reservations for our first evening on the Liberty, and the hostess was very polite but very firm about the dress code. No shorts. Not even on the first night.