How Rigid is the Drink Package?

They don't monitor who is drinking what.

Yes and no. We were on Freedom a couple years ago and when the guy next to us (who didn't look the least bit intoxicated) left the pub, the bartender said he was averaging 30 drinks a day on his package. He said management asked all the bartenders if he was sharing. The bartender said he never saw him sharing and that the group he was with all had the package. I should have asked if there was a threshold for suspicion.

Yes and no. We were on Freedom a couple years ago and when the guy next to us (who didn't look the least bit intoxicated) left the pub, the bartender said he was averaging 30 drinks a day on his package. He said management asked all the bartenders if he was sharing. The bartender said he never saw him sharing and that the group he was with all had the package. I should have asked if there was a threshold for suspicion.

Wow! I would have no liver after that. lol

What if I buy a bucket of beer for me and my dad, (we both have drink package)? Will they charge me for it since it is more than one beer at a time?

You cannot buy a bucket of beer with the drink package.

Since you would be purchasing the bucket outright, then there is no problem sharing it.

You cannot buy a bucket of beer with the drink package.

Since you would be purchasing the bucket outright, then there is no problem sharing it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think that's kind of annoying that you can't, since the only reason I would is for the convenience because everyone is getting the drink package that I'm going with, but I do understand why they disallow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the quick reply. I think that's kind of annoying that you can't, since the only reason I would is for the convenience because everyone is getting the drink package that I'm going with, but I do understand why they disallow it.

If everyone has an alcohol drink package, just bring up their seapasses. They will be glad to give you a bucket of beer.

I am not sure if it is on all ships all itineraries. - but the ten minute rule was definitely in affect on the Vision during the week of July 23rd. Dining room, pool bar, schooner barter. The bar tenders were very rigid.

Cruising with the family in a few weeks and me and my DW both purchased the premium drink package. Just curious how strongly they monitor passengers? My concern is if I grab a drink for my DW and bring it back to our lounge chairs and hand it to her will I be approached by a crew member who may think we are sharing when we actually are not as we will both have the package? I have heard stories about them watching people on the packages very closely. Wondering how true that is and does it become a hassle?

if you use BOTH sea pass cards to pick up your drinks you will be fine. you can get one drink per card that has the package coded into it.

What if I buy a bucket of beer for me and my dad, (we both have drink package)? Will they charge me for it since it is more than one beer at a time?

buckets are not part of any level of drink package. ( nor is any rooms service or the ones int he coolers in your cabin)

Two bartenders were fired on the spot and sent home for giving free drinks last year.

You are endangering the jobs of the staff when you cheat.

But at least the OP will get his drinks on the cheap. And that's what matters. If the wife doesn't plan to drink very much, why not just Pay For her drinks rather than steal them?

That's my point, she decided to not get the alcohol package because she wasn't planning on drink a ton. So when I would order us both a drink they would still put both drinks on one package most of the time. The cruise line was very generous. I had all intentions of paying for her drinks but they wouldn't let me. lol

But at least the OP will get his drinks on the cheap. And that's what matters. If the wife doesn't plan to drink very much, why not just Pay For her drinks rather than steal them?

OP has already sailed.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Two bartenders were fired on the spot and sent home for giving free drinks last year.

You are endangering the jobs of the staff when you cheat.

Can you elaborate?

How did you acquire this 911 on the reasoning of their termination?

I normally agree w/ you on just about everything you post. We think alike most often. But I say this w/ all due respect that you deserve, there is no need for guilt trips. Free drinks vs Seapasses not being swiped are two completely different things. And failure on a bartender to do their job is solely their responsibility. The character & integrity of their actions is on them.

I had no issues on Oasis a few weeks ago. Sometimes I chugged a beer (it was hot outside!) and ordered another less than 5 minutes later. Never once did I get a second look.

Quite a few times I ordered multiples within ten minutes and I had zero issues. I probably averaged about 15 drinks a day throughout the week. I like my booze and I only sleep about 5-6 hours a day, so plenty of time :)

I've never experienced this and/or heard of this while actually on a cruise but for some reason, this rumor runs rabid on this board.

It runs *rampant* because people have had it happen to them.

It's nice that you haven't but others have dealt with it. As evidenced by some posts in this very thread.

I had no issues on Oasis a few weeks ago. Sometimes I chugged a beer (it was hot outside!) and ordered another less than 5 minutes later. Never once did I get a second look.

Quite a few times I ordered multiples within ten minutes and I had zero issues. I probably averaged about 15 drinks a day throughout the week. I like my booze and I only sleep about 5-6 hours a day, so plenty of time :)

Uh oh.. Some one else who enjoys a drink on vacation... We should change the subject before the cruise critic booze and fun police tell us we have a problem...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On the Vision two weeks ago. - only one alcoholic drink every ten minutes. Even when I tripped and spilt two glasses of wine directly in front of the pool deck bartender I had to wait the ten minutes to get a replacement.

We were at skybar on independence in May, My wife spilt her strawberry daiquiri all over me reaching across the table :(

before we had chance to clean up the bar tender bought a new drink over without asking, and mopped up the mess :)

It runs *rampant* because people have had it happen to them.

It's nice that you haven't but others have dealt with it. As evidenced by some posts in this very thread.

I say it's a *rabid* rumor. I don't believe them. I mean I believe there was a good chance some have been singled out & had their drinks spread out because the bartender felt they were sharing. My point is, there is not a hard & fast standard rule in place that prevents one from ordering back to back. There is no time limit.

I say it's a *rabid* rumor. I don't believe them. I mean I believe there was a good chance some have been singled out & had their drinks spread out because the bartender felt they were sharing. My point is, there is not a hard & fast standard rule in place that prevents one from ordering back to back. There is no time limit.

One of the issues is that Hotel Directors have so much control over their own individual ships that things are not consistent across the fleet. There could easily be a few hotel directors that have set time limits between drinks for their particular ship . The problem then further compounds itself when employees from that ship go on vacation and return to another another ship and start operating under the rules of their previous HD.

This is one thing that I find frustrating with Royal. As far as I'm concerned, things that impact the guest and that the guest can see need to be consistent across the fleet and not left to the discretion of individual HD's.