booking on princess website, giving to travel agent

cruise to live

Yes. I do that all the time. I find the cruise I want, price I want and the cabin I want and book over the internet. Then sometime before final payment, I send an email to Princess with my travel agent's name and request the booking be transferred to her. It's a very simple process.

Does this include transferring Princess Air and the 2-night pre-cruise package? I booked directly with Princess but 8% OBC on a 20k cruise is sure tempting. I just don't want the booking to get messed up.

Edited by cflutist

Yes, they take the entire booking. However, you still have full access to the Princess air portion and can cancel, rebook, revise, etc. just as you can now. For any changes to the pre-cruise package, you need to work through the TA. Do be aware that the discounts do not include the air prices, the pre-cruise hotel or the NCF portion of the fare...all of those are non-commission items so the TA cannot discount that part of the costs. eta-NCF on your Pacific Princess cruise is $450 pp; from there you can do the math.

Edited by cherylandtk

A couple of questions: If the price of your cruise is now higher than what you paid when you booked, would the TA you transferred to still be able to honor the price plus the perk of the AIBP that was also booked? Also, I'm assuming the TA could now not discount the price you paid since the price has gone up. Do you think a TA would potentially add some OBC to get you to transfer?

I also have some more questions.

The price of the sold out OS has gone up since our original booking. Our PVP tried to add the $250 credit instead of the AIBP (we don't drink and already have two mini-bar setups), and the overall price went up so I told him to remove it and get us back our original pricing.

Can you transfer a booking to a TA even if the cabin class (OS) is sold out?

There are only 10 suites on the Pacific Princess and I had to call at 6:55 am on the date this cruise was released to get our third choice (2 others were already sold), by the end of the day 6 of 10 suites were sold, crazy. Would the pricing stay the same? As I said earlier 8% OBC on a 20k cruise fare is sure tempting, but not if our booking gets screwed up.

This TA (big wholesale warehouse store) does not take a commission and instead gives it back to you as OBC. We did a test booking many months ago to see what that OBC would have been. But I am also a control freak and worry that something might go wrong in the transfer. What would you do?

Yes. I do that all the time. I find the cruise I want, price I want and the cabin I want and book over the internet. Then sometime before final payment, I send an email to Princess with my travel agent's name and request the booking be transferred to her. It's a very simple process.

I've only transferred one booking from Princess to my TA & being after final payment I was required to send a fax & not an email to make the change.

You can transfer any booking before final payment simply by giving the information to a TA. The TA will then take care of the details. After final payment it gets a bit sticky. Just be aware that after that time you will have to contact the TA to make any changes to your booking (e.g. dining time, price reductions etc).

You can also take back any booking through a TA and have it returned to Princess. That takes a letter requesting the booking move back to Princess. I have moved a booking to a TA and have recalled a booking back to Princess. The TA was not happy when I took it back and sent me a nasty email ensuring I would never call him again. :(

A couple of questions: If the price of your cruise is now higher than what you paid when you booked, would the TA you transferred to still be able to honor the price plus the perk of the AIBP that was also booked? Also, I'm assuming the TA could now not discount the price you paid since the price has gone up. Do you think a TA would potentially add some OBC to get you to transfer?

It doesn't matter that the price is higher now. The TA will take the transfer under the price you booked at and if they give a discount it will be on that price. I've don't this many times.

I also have some more questions.

The price of the sold out OS has gone up since our original booking. Our PVP tried to add the $250 credit instead of the AIBP (we don't drink and already have two mini-bar setups), and the overall price went up so I told him to remove it and get us back our original pricing.

Can you transfer a booking to a TA even if the cabin class (OS) is sold out?

There are only 10 suites on the Pacific Princess and I had to call at 6:55 am on the date this cruise was released to get our third choice (2 others were already sold), by the end of the day 6 of 10 suites were sold, crazy. Would the pricing stay the same? As I said earlier 8% OBC on a 20k cruise fare is sure tempting, but not if our booking gets screwed up.

Yes you can transfer a booking when your cabin class is sold out and the pricing will stay the same. If your TA gives a discount it will be based on the price you booked at.

This TA (big wholesale warehouse store) does not take a commission and instead gives it back to you as OBC. We did a test booking many months ago to see what that OBC would have been. But I am also a control freak and worry that something might go wrong in the transfer. What would you do?

I've transferred many cruises from Princess to my TA and have never had anything go wrong. Everything on the booking stays the same. It's still on the Princess system, it's just flagged with your TAs name.

Make sure your TA works on the weekend, just in case you find a lower price you can call them to adjust the price. If they're closed you can't get the lower price if it's gone by Monday morning. I learned the hard way :eek:

When I saw a suite open up one evening for our Coral Panama Canal cruise at the end of 2014 after checking every day for months, it was "after hours" for our TA, who had booked the original balcony cabin. I immediately called Princess directly and grabbed it, and then Princess contacted my TA and worked out the booking details. I was told by Princess that this had to be done as a new booking with a cancellation thereafter of the old booking.

There was a special Princess promotion for free gratuities and OBC at the time of the new booking, which we did get, along with the original OBC from the TA from the first booking (and a lower price than Princess had quoted for the suite), and the TA was able to use our FCCs from the original booking for the deposit--complicated, but it worked out great in the end.

It wouldn't have surprised me that if we had waited until the next day to ask the TA to book the suite, it would have been gone by then.

When I saw a suite open up one evening for our Coral Panama Canal cruise at the end of 2014 after checking every day for months, it was "after hours" for our TA, who had booked the original balcony cabin. I immediately called Princess directly and grabbed it, and then Princess contacted my TA and worked out the booking details. I was told by Princess that this had to be done as a new booking with a cancellation thereafter of the old booking.

There was a special Princess promotion for free gratuities and OBC at the time of the new booking, which we did get, along with the original OBC from the TA from the first booking (and a lower price than Princess had quoted for the suite), and the TA was able to use our FCCs from the original booking for the deposit--complicated, but it worked out great in the end.

It wouldn't have surprised me that if we had waited until the next day to ask the TA to book the suite, it would have been gone by then.

Yes time is of the essence sometimes. On the day Princess released the 2017 European sailings at 7 am PST, I noticed that they were not loaded onto the database for the website at 7 am, but available for booking by Princess CSRs. My Princess PVP doesn't arrive to work until 8:30 am. I called at 6:55 am and was able to book our third choice OS (only 6 OS and 4 PH suites available on the Pacific Princess). My PVP was not happy and tried to get me to move to a PH when he called at 9 am, but too late.

Now I will follow your advice and move it to a TA so I can get $1600+ OBC (in addition to FCC and Shareholders OBC) so it will pay for all of our Shorex. Thanks to all of you for opening my eyes to a new way of doing business with Princess.

Now I will follow your advice and move it to a TA so I can get $1600+ OBC (in addition to FCC and Shareholders OBC) so it will pay for all of our Shorex. Thanks to all of you for opening my eyes to a new way of doing business with Princess.

Nice one!

Yes, they take the entire booking. However, you still have full access to the Princess air portion and can cancel, rebook, revise, etc. just as you can now. For any changes to the pre-cruise package, you need to work through the TA. Do be aware that the discounts do not include the air prices, the pre-cruise hotel or the NCF portion of the fare...all of those are non-commission items so the TA cannot discount that part of the costs. eta-NCF on your Pacific Princess cruise is $450 pp; from there you can do the math.

What does NCF on my statement from my TA stand for?

Thanks!

Tom😎