No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Originally Posted by Anton View Post

An official response from RCI:

"We've found that a large majority of our Crown & Anchor guests reserve outside of the 6 month window. For those who do not, we've noticed that, due to the lack of promotional combinability, it's more beneficial for our guests to take advantage of other promotions offered. We appreciate your honest feedback, and are using it to research ways to improve our Crown & Anchor offerings. If you have further questions, our Crown & Anchor team will be more than happy to go over them with you at 800-526-9723."

So it seems rci is correct. When people fill out that form and put their name and c&a # on there rci will check and when they do they will find out also that all these cc members are booking out greater than 6 months just like their research shows. Of course on here you can check yourself by just checking posters sigs

Thanks for posting the feedback Anton

Now, has anybody seen the terms and conditions for this policy?

I addressed the fact that 5 out of the 6 cruises I have booked were done over 6 months from booking but I stated that as we can drive to FL ports, particularly, Port Canaveral, we are in the position to book within the 6 month window and I will miss the C&A Balcony discount for those cruises.

Just received this from my TA after double confirmation from RCL of the new policy. Changes have to be done before Sept 1st in order to keep the balcony discount. After Sept 1st if any rates or sailing changes take place you will be under the new policy.

Carla

I'm a little confused. If we are under the new policy after Sept. 1, 2016, do we loose the balcony discount if we change the cruise prior to 6 months before cruising?

I'm a little confused. If we are under the new policy after Sept. 1, 2016, do we loose the balcony discount if we change the cruise prior to 6 months before cruising?

Any changes to a cruise either before or after Sept 1'st as long as the cruise is more than 6 months away will not result in any loss of discount.

Could anyone tell seeing your talking about upgrades I am going to dubia with MSc for 16day cruise they upgraded me to balcony it will be six times I have sailed with first upgrade I ever had I had a inside cabin I very happy with that but I do not no why they did it any ideas

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have been talking to my TA having primed him with the discussion on this thread and websites mentioned. He has been in contact with RCCL UK and says:

The offers on the Loyal To You website, although it does not explicitly say so, are for US/Can pax only;

The end of C&A Balcony/Suite discount ending less than 6 months out is only 'under consideration' for UK Pax.

The cynic in me says RCCL UK will 'consider' it only until they are told to do it by Miami.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Cublet

If I am reading the FAQ correctly if I book an OV cabin more than 6 months ahead of time and then upgrade it to a balcony with less than 6 months to go they will give me the balcony discount?? Is that correct?

Edited by molly361

If I am reading the FAQ correctly if I book an OV cabin more than 6 months ahead of time and then upgrade it to a balcony with less than 6 months to go they will give me the balcony discount?? Is that correct?

Not sure. I know it can be read that way, but they can also say that you had to have the balcony discount in place before the upgrade.

IMO, you would have to already have the balcony discount in effect prior to the 6 month cutoff. Upgrading from OV to balcony within 6 months of sailing would not give you that. RCI is probably not going to give you something that they are actively taking away from everyone else.

Kathy, question for you.

On the flyer I noticed that Gold Members were being given a balcony discount during this "Appreciation Week" Promo. Do you know if they will continue to get a balcony discount after the Promo?

No...just during the promo Aug 15th-22nd.

Hello,

I have been talking to my TA having primed him with the discussion on this thread and websites mentioned. He has been in contact with RCCL UK and says:

The offers on the Loyal To You website, although it does not explicitly say so, are for US/Can pax only;

The end of C&A Balcony/Suite discount ending less than 6 months out is only 'under consideration' for UK Pax.

The cynic in me says RCCL UK will 'consider' it only until they are told to do it by Miami.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Cublet

While the two countries do have different terms and conditions regarding deposits, changes and cancellations up until now all countries have had the exact same terms and conditioms for C&A members. This would be a big departure from that for them to have different benefits for C&A members based on their country.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

People keep mentioning that a lot of regular cruisers book before the 6 month time period so it doesn't matter. It does matter because if you request a price change within that 6 month period (when a lot of price drops may occur) you will lose your balcony discount if you reprice (according to what is being said).

So it affects more than people who book with less than 6 months until sailing.

It really affects anyone who is eligible for a balcony discount due to C&A level.