14 Points Shy of Elite

DanL

We have a 11 day January cruise on Equinox booked and it occurred to me that I would like to be Elite on that cruise. We are select, 14 Points Shy of Elite. Looked at a 7 day cruise in Dec with big OBC to get the 14 points.

Explored checking RCCL cruise to see if points would xfer to Celebrity CC - No.

Explored whether Celebrity Credit card would get points - No.

Does this community know any way to get the points other than a cruise?

In the past I have gotten good deals ~60 days prior to sailing. Are they still happening?

Thanks, Dan

We have a 11 day January cruise on Equinox booked and it occurred to me that I would like to be Elite on that cruise. We are select, 14 Points why of Elite. Looked at a 7 day cruise in Dec with big OBC to get the 14 points.

Explored checking RCCL cruise to see if points would xfer to Celebrity CC - No.

Explored whether Celebrity Credit card would get points - No.

Does this community know any way to get the points other than a cruise?

In the past I have gotten good deals ~60 days prior to sailing. Are they still happening?

But as Vulcan noted, I'm unaware of any means to accumulate cruise points other than by sailing...

If interested, you should certainly watch for deals but--to date--it is my observation that, with the capacity of Constellation being out of the picture for the upcoming Caribbean [which I believe you may be targeting] season, discounting--if it has occurred--has been far more modest than it has been in recent years... Cruises after Thanksgiving and before Christmas--historically, the "slowest" season of the year in terms of bookings with some aggressive discounts--seem to be more heavily booked with far higher prices than they were at this time last year...

Thanks all. Yes CeeeKr I saw that 6 Nov but a long way to go for 3 days. Considering 11/26 Reflection but will probably wait to see if better deal. Zika might scare some people from PR.

As the others have said, the only way is to actually go on a cruise. We had a 12 night Baltic cruise booked two years and a medical emergency at the last minute stopped us from going. Celebrity got to keep all of our money except for about $500 in port charges and taxes and we got zero credit for the cruise as far as Captain's Club went. I even called and asked and was told "Sorry, hope you had insurance". We did and it did pay us so we went the following year. The best part is that medical emergency saved my life and I am good to go for many more years :)

Thanks all. Yes CeeeKr I saw that 6 Nov but a long way to go for 3 days. Considering 11/26 Reflection but will probably wait to see if better deal. Zika might scare some people from PR.

If you have lots of time, the deals for the Connie in November are amazing. They're almost paying people to sail.

Edited by coldweathergirl

I cant see spending $2000 +/- to get to Elite before your January cruise.

Since the Caribbean cruises have 2 perks - if you selected the Beverage package for your January cruise then the Elite Cocktail hour has no value. So what you are getting is 90 minutes of internet, a bag of wash & fold laundry, a continental breakfast.

I cant see spending $2000 +/- to get to Elite before your January cruise.

Since the Caribbean cruises have 2 perks - if you selected the Beverage package for your January cruise then the Elite Cocktail hour has no value. So what you are getting is 90 minutes of internet, a bag of wash & fold laundry, a continental breakfast.

Good points. Agree logically.

Good points. Agree logically.

Logic has nothing to do with it! Any excuse for another cruise is a good excuse. You can even convince yourself when you are on board you are 'saving' on your next cruise!

Enjoy!

IMHO unless you have a cruise that you are really honestly interested in, for the cost of even an Infinity 3 day Bahamas cruise in Aqua or Con (for 5 points per day) out of Lauderdale for over $ 650.00 pp (tax and tip incl) buys a lot of laundry and drinks on you upcoming cruise.

Same as being Elite for a lot less $$$$$

FLL_NAS_CCA_FLL_430x330.png

Edited by A Sixth?

I feel your pain... We board tomorrow for a 12 night Baltic. We are 8 points of Elite... 8!!!

I spoke with the CC host on an earlier cruise and she told me that precedence has been set although wouldn't give me examples that someone so close to Elite has been granted Elite status early upon boarding. Her advice to me was go and see the CC host as soon as you board and plead your case. Apparently she can get approval from Head office. I don't know how successful you will be but it is worth a try. Please let us know how you get on because we are also 8 points off Elite for our upcoming October cruise which has a number of tender ports. The cocktail party is of little significance to us as we have a drinks package but early tender spots would be.

I spoke with the CC host on an earlier cruise and she told me that precedence has been set although wouldn't give me examples that someone so close to Elite has been granted Elite status early upon boarding. Her advice to me was go and see the CC host as soon as you board and plead your case. Apparently she can get approval from Head office. I don't know how successful you will be but it is worth a try. Please let us know how you get on because we are also 8 points off Elite for our upcoming October cruise which has a number of tender ports. The cocktail party is of little significance to us as we have a drinks package but early tender spots would be.

The early tender spots are not what they seem. All ship excursions go first.

Plus if there are a lot of Elites ..several hundred it puts us way back. Then there are the people in suites

The early tender spots are not what they seem. All ship excursions go first.

Plus if there are a lot of Elites ..several hundred it puts us way back. Then there are the people in suites

We had tender number 2 in Bali and it took over two hours to get ashore. Elites were ashore a lot earlier.

I have to agree with others saying that Elite status is really not worth spending extra money for a short cruise.

The priority tendering is kind of a joke. You will still wait!

Take your January cruise and you will be Elite for your next cruise.