Carnival is cutting back so much

esper10

I understand the difference fine. You don't seem to pick up on sarcasm and play on words....RCI has you convinced they have all these "balcony" rooms. They actually are. They have balconies that overlook shops. You book these, and you get to watch people shopping. I guess it is almost like watching a beautiful sunset from a "REAL" balcony room :rolleyes:

I guess that plays into the mindset of those who claim to only sail on "bigger" ships :D

At the moment, RC has me convinced on nothing more than the fact that they are charging a premium price for a very watered down product :cool::eek:

Im not looking to argue. Please dont think I was jumping on you. I understand your point.

Central Park? Who wants to overlook pigeons or on a clear day look across the way into a neighbors balcony? :p

I agree. Its not my thing at all but I also dont do balconies at all. I want the most least expensive way to board the ship. My cabin is nothing more than merely a place to shower, change and catch a few hours of sleep every night

Edited by ryano

Central Park? Who wants to overlook pigeons or on a clear day look across the way into a neighbors balcony? :p

I guess the people who say "I only sail the newer bigger ships"

ask them why and they will typically stammer and reason "Well if its bigger, it has to be better"

Those are the people who buy "big" beachfront property in Kansas :D

Edited by First and Ten

I agree. Its not my thing at all but I also dont do balconies at all. I want the most least expensive way to board the ship. My cabin is nothing more than merely a place to shower, change and catch a few hours of sleep every night

I get that and respect that....Oceanview/Balcony isn't a high priority for you. That's cool. I also get that some people want to see the ocean, they enjoy the balcony. I get that too

I cant comprehend the mindset of "I only cruise bigger ships" :confused:

So the cabin doesn't matter this cruiser, the amenities doesn't matter to you. The main thing you look for is a longer boat with a lot more people on it :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

I may be the only one, but I don't like the M. Wok. I lived in Asia for a few years and was very disappointed after waiting too long in a line.

I did luck out and was invited to attend the party with a platinum dinner mate; I'm only gold.

The staff was extraordinary and I had no problem with the MDR.

The whiners and complainers should either try other cruise lines and see if that's better for you. Or take a all inclusive land vacation. But Oh wait then you'd complain it's to expensive 😂😂😂

I have tried other cruise lines and they are better, even at higher prices. I have been cruising Carnival since 1996, including twice in the past year. And the food has noticeably declined. Some entertainment has improved, but losing the live music in the main shows is a downgrade. And the nickle and diming is much worse.

I used to think that Carnival was the only line "cutting back" or making changes. But for the last few years, I have been toying with going back over to NCL, and yes that is currently still my plan for 2017, for a few reasons, (and none of them having to do with discontent with Carnival). Still like Carnival, and know that I will be back on them in the future.

Have to say though that since I booked my 2017 cruise on NCL, I am reading their board a lot more...and there is a lot of similar complaining going on there as there is on Carnival board. Actually, I think maybe more.

I am not concerned with any of it, on either side, since I know Carnival, still love it, and know I will be on that NCL cruise also, for different reasons, and God Willing!

Some don't like the term cutbacks, so I call them changes. I am not fond of changes, but as I get older, I find out that I better get used to changes...because that is just life:D

I have nothing but props for RCI....they sell you a "balcony" room, overlooking the INTERIOR of the ship on the "Royal Promenade" (its a bunch of shops with a palm tree) and people say "I have this balcony room" :rolleyes:....I want to offer these people beachfront property in Kansas :D

What Royal ship has an interior balcony over the Royal Promenade?

(hint: none)

A serious critic would identify good and bad and not be biased in doing so. What a concept.

I don't understand the outrage. Not everyone is going to be of the same mind. If you don't like what they have to say, ignore them. You know, sticks and stones and all that.

I love reading about Carnival Cut-backs and the many answers after the initial post that defends Carnival. Then follows how other cruise lines cut back also. Carnival cheapens all the meals, make a hamburger stand the highlight of the food choices, remove entertainment, replaced it with participation shows, removed live music, changed to once a day room cleaning, downgraded MDR staff, cut back on bar service.

Can't seem to find any other cruise line that has done all this. Yet, you can still cruise on them for about the same price if you do your homework and monitor prices.

Perhaps you should view the NCL and Royal boards then, as I see more complaints there than here on Carnival.

NCL especially they are going to paying for lots of things, their MDR meals are pretty bad to have you purchase the dining packages. Their entertainment is non existent.

Perhaps you should view the NCL and Royal boards then, as I see more complaints there than here on Carnival.

NCL especially they are going to paying for lots of things, their MDR meals are pretty bad to have you purchase the dining packages. Their entertainment is non existent.

Agree, the entertainment on NCL is severely lacking

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

We're on the Miracle now (second time on this ship.) Love this ship and the food and service has been really top notch. Shows aren't what they once were but we're finding plenty of things to do. Nice group of people - no complainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, I do. I will continue to enjoy the boards here while you continue to obsess over negativty. :p

It's not obsessing on negativity, the bashing adds no value and much of the time detracts from the essence of what this community is. I am sure this will get pulled, but what value does the negative posts add? They are not reflecting their sailing history (or at least anytime recent history). They have an anti Carnival agenda and my fear is they turn off so many posters here that they go away and don't return.

To me, CCL is "positioning" the Carnival brand.

They know exactly what Carnival ships offer as well as every other cruise line does, including their own.

The price you pay is strictly a function of supply and demand, not of cost. That is why prices fluctuate constantly before the ship departs

I think they know that they have lost many of their old customers to other cruise lines and reduced demand, but they have a customer segment who don't mind the product they offer and the Carnival brand can still make money.

We are sailing in a couple of days on the Triumph because Carnival is the only cruise line porting in New Orleans. Carnival is no longer our favorite, but we know what to expect and plan to have a good time.

It's not obsessing on negativity, the bashing adds no value and much of the time detracts from the essence of what this community is. I am sure this will get pulled, but what value does the negative posts add? They are not reflecting their sailing history (or at least anytime recent history). They have an anti Carnival agenda and my fear is they turn off so many posters here that they go away and don't return.

I understand your point even if those with the agenda do not.

Never have I heard you advocate not expressing a negative opinion. What I can say is that when those with the axe to grind come out and inundate threads with their clearly biased viewpoint, you challenge their opinion to provide perspective on that negative opinion.

It's clear those with the agenda WANT to turn people away. It's why they do what they do. What they don't understand is that, while their antics may have turned people away from Cruise Critic, they likely have not turned people away from Carnival.

I also am all for people sharing their negative experiences... even the outlandish and overly-dramatized ones. What I find kinda sad are those few individuals who park themselves in front of the computer with no other purpose than to repeatedly throw out nuggets of negativity without merit. That really doesn't help in the overall scheme of things but those who do it seem to get some satisfaction from it.

The good thing is they are easy to spot. The bad thing is, for those who are equally passionate in the opposite direction, they are hard to ignore.

Quote the conundrum. ;)

Never have I heard you advocate not expressing a negative opinion. What I can say is that when those with the axe to grind come out and inundate threads with their clearly biased viewpoint, you challenge their opinion to provide perspective on that negative opinion.

It's clear those with the agenda WANT to turn people away. It's why they do what they do. What they don't understand is that, while their antics may have turned people away from Cruise Critic, they likely have not turned people away from Carnival.

I also am all for people sharing their negative experiences... even the outlandish and overly-dramatized ones. What I find kinda sad are those few individuals who park themselves in front of the computer with no other purpose than to repeatedly throw out nuggets of negativity without merit. That really doesn't help in the overall scheme of things but those who do it seem to get some satisfaction from it.

The good thing is they are easy to spot. The bad thing is, for those who are equally passionate in the opposite direction, they are hard to ignore.

Quote the conundrum. ;)

First, I totally agree with what you are saying. The shame is that I see how many CC members are missing from when I first signed up to learn about cruising in 2011. I learned so very much before that first cruise and I would say that 80% of it was from CC. I miss some of those well informed cruisers who used to post.

Now, we are stuck with fewer that have great information and more with some invisible ax to grind with Carnival. I agree that sometimes they are easy to spot, at least for those of us who are on the boards regularly. They get one account shut down and they start another one. Except, for those of us who have been around, it is easy to spot their writing. Newbies, however, can get scared off when these people post. They have no idea that the poster spouts the same uneducated drivel over and over.

I do worry that at some point all the educated cruisers and knowledgeable posters will be just a memory on Cruise Critic.

Edited by TerReuv

Quote the conundrum. ;)

It is and that might be part of the plan. At the end of the day, it is what it is. I just thought I had to comment on it, maybe that was wise or not so much......

Bingo. Much isn't constructive in the least.