free gratuties are in next promo!!! wow

luckyinpa

I just called and change my promos for the daily service charge - what a saving!!

Thanks again for the heads up. This promo can change anytime so if anyone is thinking to do later, they should rethink it. If the promos remain the same, prices can go up- something to think about.

Good luck!!

It sounds like you've already made the decision. If it were me, I'd take the 10 minutes now to make the phone call, just in case the price changes.

LOL -- you guys are such enablers!

I'm thinking about it. I'd feel better putting the deposit if I knew the DH would be on-board with it. He's a reluctant cruiser at best -- I'm hoping he'll have such a good time on the trip in September that he'll be game to try it.

@luckyinpa -- I'm glad things worked out on your upgrade. Enjoy -- Bermuda is wonderful!

Just booked a 2017 sailing. Price may have gone up $50 pp but free gratuities is worth $94.50 or a net saving of $44.50 pp. Not bad.

Theoretically you probably didn't save anything. Simply avoided paying more. Had you booked 8 months ago and paid gratuities separately it would probably still have been less than your current total net. Mine was (is). [emoji1]

Couldn't book...the website browser kept saying, please wait....:mad:

then nothing..:mad:

doesn't the free stuff end today? :(

Is it really much of a saving?

Service charges are $13.50 pp pd = $13.50 x 2 persons x 7 days = $189 for two people (the promotion is limited to the first two).

Meals for two at a specialty restaurant cost $25 pp = $25 x 2 persons x 3 meals (the promotion is limited to three meals) = $150.

$39 is nothing to sneeze at but is it worth the time to fret about and make all these changes?

Service charges are $13.50 pp pd = $13.50 x 2 persons x 7 days = $189 for two people (the promotion is limited to the first two).

Meals for two at a specialty restaurant cost $25 pp = $25 x 2 persons x 3 meals (the promotion is limited to three meals) = $150.

$39 is nothing to sneeze at but is it worth the time to fret about and make all these changes?

My cruise is 14 days so it was a total of $378. :):)

I had 2 promos. I took the 3 free dinners pp and the Internet bc we don't drink alcohol. Thanks for the heads up! I saved $189 for exchanging the free internet which I don't use either. Prices did not go up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the original poster, thanks for posting this. We just booked yesterday for a Hawaiian cruise and probably wouldn't have checked the NCL website. We signed up for the paid gratuities, saving $189. You would think that the person taking our reservations yesterday would have told us about the promo starting today. Thanks again.

That's assuming that a couple would book 3 specialty dinners on their own without the free offer. On my upcoming cruise, we chose the SDP because it was the most worth it to us of the five choices offered. However, we'd much prefer the free gratuities because we are perfectly content eating at the complimentary restaurants. So to us, it would be a saving of $189, not $39. Unfortunately, we are passed the penalty period so we cannot make the change.

thanks for your well wishes.

CONFIRMED!!! i have it recorded about the perks today (including free service charges) and the online account shows the perks added and under service charges it says not available where 217 would be. i saw this change in front of my eyes when i refreshed.

they are very slow with the computers and i havent gotten email yet but since my account was updated and i have screenshots and all calls are recorded i feel confident my choices are permanent.

releasing the room and booking under my old reservation number took them a few minutes but they did it.

also i'm a spreadsheet nut and the math just worked out. i hadnt factored in spa pass in my room. the haven spa is 5400. my old MA was 2800. however, you must had 400 for the spa passes we were going to buy and then 200 for service charges. this means true cash outlay of 3400ish. which means the haven spa is only 2000 additionally. since this is our one and only cruise and i've been working a lot of OT, i felt it was worth it and I"m very happy I'm in the spa room.

also no spa rooms were even there this morning so i'm glad i put a hold on it. for some reason the week after me there are 10 available. unsure why this week is so popular. also from reading on this forum i realized the best i could do is 500 PP for an upsell and it was worth 1000 PP to have my guaranteed cabin. i value the spa passes and even if i got one of the 2B for 1000 bucks, id be out 400 for spa passes still.

Now can i stop looking at spa room and courtyard videos to justify the expense and figure out what to do in bermuda. that part is overwhelming still.

I am really happy for you! Have an amazing trip!

Last Aug they offered free DSC. It's a rarely offered perk so I had my eye on it as well as the price of a cruise I was interested in. I was finally able to book a suite today at a price that I found reasonable. Price hadn't gone up with new perk. Took advantage of KSF as well. I know there's a lot of talk about the water/soda, increases in fees.. on NCL but the last couple cruises I've booked were actually really great deals and had more perks than previous years. I'm very happy with NCL right now. Granted most suites are now out of the range we are willing to pay and I would not chance trying for an upsell, but I was able to find one that suited our dates and desired destination at a price I found reasonable.

Wow! strong work!

Thanks!!

Also downgraded from an oc to an ic - saving another $2,110.24, hoping to upgrade back in the future before sail date which is almost a year.

The worst case scenario is getting stuck with an inside but would be consoled with the savings. I am happy either way, not so sure with my DH and DS.

I see there are several high level cruisers for NCL on here. So my question is I am doing a back to back in December on the Getaway. About laundry...I know I have sometimes seen on cruises where towards the end of a cruise they offer "fill the laundry bag for a price". Since I am flying and will have limited clothes I was wondering if NCL does this. I know they do not have any self serve machines and I can always wash out things in the room sink but was hoping I would not have to pay their laundry prices. I am spoiled as I am Elite on Princess and get all free laundry.

Thanks for any response and sorry to be off topic.

Smiles,

Penny

Emailed my TA and had it updated in about 15 minutes this morning!

Thanks for the info!

Just wondering... Were you before or after final payment?

Trying to find out what are the experiences of those who are past final payment.

Edited by ForSharonB

I see there are several high level cruisers for NCL on here. So my question is I am doing a back to back in December on the Getaway. About laundry...I know I have sometimes seen on cruises where towards the end of a cruise they offer "fill the laundry bag for a price". Since I am flying and will have limited clothes I was wondering if NCL does this. I know they do not have any self serve machines and I can always wash out things in the room sink but was hoping I would not have to pay their laundry prices. I am spoiled as I am Elite on Princess and get all free laundry.

Thanks for any response and sorry to be off topic.

Smiles,

Penny

yes NCL do a "fill the bag" special for I think $19.99 a few days into the cruise-advertised with a flyer along with the freestyle daily

if you have a chat with your cabin steward he will be able to tell you what stage in the cruise this is offered

I am SO bummed out about this! We booked the Haven for Sept 11 and I called my personal consultant at NCL who booked this cruise. She says because I have made final payment they cannot change promos. She says if I cancel and rebook I would have to pay the cancellation fee!

I NEVER have used the shore credit and this would have been so appreicated :(

I am SO bummed out about this! We booked the Haven for Sept 11 and I called my personal consultant at NCL who booked this cruise. She says because I have made final payment they cannot change promos. She says if I cancel and rebook I would have to pay the cancellation fee!

If you were happy with what you had 48 hours ago (happy enough to book and pay it), continue to be happy now.

You are sailing in less than a month. There's no reason to be "bummed".

Enjoy your cruise. :)

EDIT:

Enjoy BOTH...ALL of your upcoming cruises!

Edited by Two Wheels Only

If you were happy with what you had 48 hours ago (happy enough to book and pay it), continue to be happy now.

You are sailing in less than a month. There's no reason to be "bummed".

Enjoy your cruise. :)

EDIT:

Enjoy BOTH...ALL of your upcoming cruises!

Thank you for bringing me back to reality :-) The Haven is quite expensive and we never use the shore credit so it would have been nice to have the tips taken care of...So not bummed...but still whining...just a little :-)

Save

Sorry about the no change but you have a few upcoming cruises coming up which is great.

I booked this morning as I waited for this promo it seems forever and our cruise is about one year away.

Thanks for the message about the laundry! I love this site as it is so informative. I have also made a good friend through chatting on this site. I understand the "what is free on this cruise promotion" and wondering when to book. The first back to back is with friends. We got the drink package for 2, four nights specialty dining for 2 on a 7 night cruise, 250 minutes of free internet, 3rd and 4th free, $75 OBC for the room. We booked in February and at first the other 2 girls wanted to wait. I convinced them to book then. We pay the final payment in September and I have yet to see a better offer. I am please.

Smiles,

Penny

Hi, never cruised so go easy please. I am in the middle of booking a cruise for the end of sept. 5 nights.

I will get two choices or freebies? Of five listed. I don't really drink alcohol. Mostly pop or soda in the USA :). So I think I'll take the gratuity and dining option. Are these FREE? Should be no item on my bill charging me for these things?

And secondly what other charges will I need to pay at the end of the cruise? I've read Norweigan site but my head is spinning with confusion.

I just don't want to come home and see a $300-500 bill on a 5 night cruise.

Thanks for your patience. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Btw the ship is the Jewel I think.

Hi, never cruised so go easy please. I am in the middle of booking a cruise for the end of sept. 5 nights.

I will get two choices or freebies? Of five listed. I don't really drink alcohol. Mostly pop or soda in the USA :). So I think I'll take the gratuity and dining option. Are these FREE? Should be no item on my bill charging me for these things?

And secondly what other charges will I need to pay at the end of the cruise? I've read Norweigan site but my head is spinning with confusion.

I just don't want to come home and see a $300-500 bill on a 5 night cruise.

Thanks for your patience. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Btw the ship is the Jewel I think.

Best advice for new folks such as yourself is click on the promo you are receiving and read the Terms and Conditions. Print them out for future reference.

Secondly, read the FAQ section on the main NCL page, specifically the "money matters" section.