free gratuties are in next promo!!! wow

luckyinpa

I called and changed promos but found out they have to release your room in order to do it. Is anyone else nervous that they could lose their room in the process? PCC actually asked me to confirm cabin I had before the change to make sure he rebooked the same one.

I've done this several times before and never lost my cabin. However, if you have a very special cabin that has a limited availability you need to be sure you are OK with the risk.

I'm seeing several people switching promos but not a lot of dates --

Anyone know if I can switch to this from UDP for a mid-October cruise that is already paid in full? Fares are the same today as when I booked.

Why not call 'em up and find out? :confused:

Anyone know if I can switch to this from UDP for a mid-October cruise that is already paid in full? Fares are the same today as when I booked.

Switching promos is a cancel and rebook. If you are within final payment, the "cancel" part incurs a cancellation fee. If you really prefer the new promo, contact NCL or your TA and see if they will work with you to find a way to avoid the fee. But be prepared for them to be rude and tell you "sorry, no". ;)

Switching promos is a cancel and rebook. If you are within final payment, the "cancel" part incurs a cancellation fee. If you really prefer the new promo, contact NCL or your TA and see if they will work with you to find a way to avoid the fee. But be prepared for them to be rude and tell you "sorry, no". ;)

Ok, thanks!

You have to watch for price increase at same time.

Ha! That's right! I would pay a minimum of $500 extra for the perk! It's just too bad we have that $50/port/excursion credit perk. At the time I stupidly thought I could combine the money into one excursion. Not exactly a perk as it is. Basically covers the overage when booking NCL tours as opposed to booking outside vendors...

We booked when it was 3 & 4 free, and pick 2 others, plus the UBP autogratuity was a bit less.

... It's just too bad we have that $50/port/excursion credit perk. At the time I stupidly thought I could combine the money into one excursion. Not exactly a perk as it is. Basically covers the overage when booking NCL tours as opposed to booking outside vendors...

We booked when it was 3 & 4 free, and pick 2 others, plus the UBP autogratuity was a bit less.

Was there another perk in your original offer that you could use? You're probably aware of the ability to switch perks +48 hours before cruise. Of course, not as good as the paid service charge.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Was there another perk in your original offer that you could use? You're probably aware of the ability to switch perks +48 hours before cruise. Of course, not as good as the paid service charge.

No, I was not aware of that! I will call today to find out...

And this is exactly why a free dsc promo is genius for Ncl

Pax get dsc for free

Pax can't remove dsc

Ncl pays the same out regardless

If pax can remove dsc it's just less $$$ for Ncl but they are still paying the same to employees

So while Ncl isn't getting dsc but might surely get extra $$$ by upping cruise costs to pax...Ncl also has no fear of pax removing dsc...because the pax got dsc for free lol

It's marketing psychology lol

How??:confused::confused:

If I was getting UBP and 4 $50 credits for shore excursion the value of the excursions is $200

Now switched for no additional cost to free DSC and the value of that is $1080 to me (for a 40 night cruise) my math shows them loosing $880 on this deal.

Steve

Now switched for no additional cost to free DSC and the value of that is $1080 to me (for a 40 night cruise) my math shows them loosing $880 on this deal.

What you don't understand is that if they can afford to lose $1000 now, then your cruise was at least $1000 too expensive to begin with. Tell us how much you paid for 40 days and we'll tell you how many ways they have cheated you. Unless your cruise was totally free, NCL is screwing you. The least they can do is offer perks, and the proper response is for you to grab them and continue to spit in the company's face. Please try to understand this.

What you don't understand is that if they can afford to lose $1000 now, then your cruise was at least $1000 too expensive to begin with. Tell us how much you paid for 40 days and we'll tell you how many ways they have cheated you. Unless your cruise was totally free, NCL is screwing you. The least they can do is offer perks, and the proper response is for you to grab them and continue to spit in the company's face. Please try to understand this.

Wow. Bitter huh. I've got two SF suite cruises, one a 7 day at $1400 pp and a 9 day at $1750 pp booked. To me..hell of a deal. And they are with all four promo bennies, which for suites the dining and drink package service charges are included. And now, just switch the $50 port credit, which we would not have used, to the new prepaid DSC. Saved an additional $217 and $279 per cruise off what was, with the other promos, a great deal already I thought. But...I guess we each see value differently.

They already had me at the higher rate so this is a direct benefit to me. Compared to similar cruise's on other lines I got a tremendous deal. At least I think I did.:D

Steve

like i said before i was waiting for this for a while now, until thankfully i found a great travel agency ( company) and a great agent that gave me the free gratuities and did not have to wait for NCL to offer it. On this coming cruise i got free gratuities and 150 on board credit a balcony at a great price. In fact from now on all i have to do is just wait until my travel agency offers the free gratuities again so i can book my next cruise which they do every 2 months or so. I think this promo is what people like the most at least is been my experience. :D

like i said before i was waiting for this for a while now, until thankfully i found a great travel agency ( company) and a great agent that gave me the free gratuities and did not have to wait for NCL to offer it. On this coming cruise i got free gratuities and 150 on board credit a balcony at a great price. In fact from now on all i have to do is just wait until my travel agency offers the free gratuities again so i can book my next cruise which they do every 2 months or so. I think this promo is what people like the most at least is been my experience. :D

Can't wait to talk to you on our Oct TA. Sounds like you have found a real winner! I'll meet you in the spa!

Is this perk going to go the way of the others like UDP and UBP where NCL will charge an 18% gratuity charge on the free gratuities?

No charges, the offer is for the first 2 in the cabin for the numbers of days (13.50* ?) which is why most people like it.

I just called and changed to pre-paid service charges on 3 cruises we have booked for Jan, Mar & June of 2017. Agent was able to re-book me into same cabin for all of them.

On two of them I had to pay a few more $$ for increase in UBP service charge since I had booked and a small increase in port fees less the 18% I had paid for SDP. Third cruise I had already paid the new cost for UBP but then will get a refund of the 18% on SDP given up.

So, my total cost to change the three cruises is about $17. In return we are saving $189 x three for pre-paid service charges. Very happy:D

Just FYI if helpful to anyone - I just checked NCL site for our Getaway September 2017 cabin rate again (it's still not worth it for us to cancel/rebook to get the free gratuities...) BUT our sailing also now has a promo for $100 OBC for Oceanview and above.

Just wanted to let folks know in case you can benefit. [emoji5]

Just FYI if helpful to anyone - I just checked NCL site for our Getaway September 2017 cabin rate again (it's still not worth it for us to cancel/rebook to get the free gratuities...) BUT our sailing also now has a promo for $100 OBC for Oceanview and above.

Just wanted to let folks know in case you can benefit. [emoji5]

Thank you for this. I have a Getaway Spa Balcony in February and an Escape H5 cabin for July and I will be checking all prices tomorrow.

Thrilled to see prepaid gratuities back as a promo perk! So much better than the shorex credit perk for us, since I prefer to prepay our shore excursions and you couldn't with that. I had been toying with switching our summer 2017 Canada/NE Gem cruise in a suite to the Baltic Getaway cruise in two OV cabins, and this perk made the choice much easier. It saves us $489 in prepaid gratuities for four of the five of us (so better savings than the $200 value shorex credit as well). We don't use the UBP or SDP so won't miss those with the suite we had, and with the suite fare increase ($336 more than when I booked) it wouldn't have been to our advantage anyway. However, while I was excited to do the switch because the fares for the Baltic cruise hadn't gone up, this morning the port tax fees did go up (for Copenhagen port). They went up for New York as well. Just a few dollars per person, so no big deal, but ironic timing to me. That will teach me not to hesitate. At least it was the port fees and not the fare :)

Remember the 'old days'? We had envelopes we filled with cash and handed directly to our stewards, waiters and anyone else.....kind of miss that! You have to hope they each got to keep what was handed them.

But we do love 'freestyle' cruising and not being given an assigned dining table at an assigned time. Now we are just 'assigned' a gratuity amount that may not make it to those who we hope it will.

We remember those days fondly as well! But now handle it by leaving the DSC charges on our account and going to the purser's desk to add additional gratuities to those that have taken care of us on our cruise. Each of these crew members receives a printout of what you have given them as it shows directly on their accounts.

I know this is how it works as I just did this 6 days ago and asked two of the five crew members that I had given "extra" to how much their account indicated that we had given them and the amounts matched.