Is it true- NCL ship pins

collectingcoke

I wish they would keep producing the pins and sell them in the gift shop for those who want to continue collecting them. Of course, bringing back previously free items for an extra charge makes people's head explode on this forum, but the flip side is that people often don't value things when they are given away for free. For years they went to the trouble of placing pins in every repeat guest's stateroom, and I think probably hundreds of them went straight into the garbage every week.

I wish they would keep producing the pins and sell them in the gift shop for those who want to continue collecting them. Of course, bringing back previously free items for an extra charge makes people's head explode on this forum, but the flip side is that people often don't value things when they are given away for free. For years they went to the trouble of placing pins in every repeat guest's stateroom, and I think probably hundreds of them went straight into the garbage every week.

Depends on how they handle it I guess but right now the website still lists the pin as a benefit for all Latitudes levels.

Depends on how they handle it I guess but right now the website still lists the pin as a benefit for all Latitudes levels.
I know, and they should have removed that from the list as soon as the very first ship ran out of pins. Or at least added some fine print like "subject to availability" allowing them to weasel out of it.

Just saw it today. Been very busy getting ready for fishing trip and Quilt shop hop. I hope they still have pins too, but will be really disappointed without the ship ornament. I'll still find something to remember this trip. We will be married 49 years in 2017, but not until August, but that is prime Canadian Muskie time, so we wouldn't be going then.

Congratulations on the 49 years. My husband and I just celebrated our 35 anniversary on the Breakaway this pass August. When in August were you married? We were also married in August, Aug 29

What is a quilt shop hop?

Send me you postal address to quest4coka at aol dot com

Put your cruise critic name in the subject line so I know to open it up. I will send them out to you on Mon/Tues. Michele...let me know if you want the old Dawn pin or the new Dawn pin. The old one is bule and gold while the new one has the dolphins.

coka

A Big THANK YOU!!😄😄

The pins are already on the ribbons.

I received a pin on the Escape 9/24 to 10/01. No issues, they seemed to have plenty. Didn't look any different then previous ones. Debbie

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

It seems some ships still have "old stock"...and give them out till they are gone and new ones come in.

It seems some ships still have "old stock"...and give them out till they are gone and new ones come in.
The stock on the Escape can't be all that old…

So far in this thread, lots of people have been told that the pins are being discontinued, possibly replaced by some other gift, and only one person has been told that they are being redone. I guess time will tell, but in the meantime, I can understand the disappointment of some returning passengers on the Pearl, BA, etc.

Just an FYI...on my 10/1 cruise the question came up at M&G--we were assured that pins WILL be available again...they are being redone...

As a collector of these pins there are already three different versions for most pins, depending upon how old the ships are. A fourth version would be great as I have most of the first three versions and a fourth would give me some more to collect.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Epic 25/9 to 02/10 and once we had asked, the Latitudes people were quick to hand out as many as we wanted. No mention of them being discontinued.

PS has anybody else got a spare Gem Pin. My daughter has just cruised her first cruise as a latitudes member and so has an Epic Pin but her first cruise was on the Gem, as such she didn't get a pin, but would love one. She's due on the Spirit next November although it seems Pins will have been discontinued by then.

The NCL site still says they have the pins, but you have to ask for them. I'm disappointed to hear that they might be discontinued.

I enjoyed getting these from Carnival when Carnival had the pins for past guests. Then they changed it so that only Platinum guests get pins, but if I remember right, these aren't ship-specific pins any more. I can't remember what pins we got (if any) on our recent Carnival cruises. But I was really hoping to get a pin for the Epic in a couple of months.

I enjoyed getting these from Carnival when Carnival had the pins for past guests. Then they changed it so that only Platinum guests get pins, but if I remember right, these aren't ship-specific pins any more. I can't remember what pins we got (if any) on our recent Carnival cruises. But I was really hoping to get a pin for the Epic in a couple of months.

I got one on our last cruise a few months ago. They are a picture of the whale tail and the color of your status.

• 2 weeks later...
Really? Three dollars on Ebay? Even if they were thirty dollars on Ebay...I give mine away. This is what I have left:

1 Dawn...the blue and gold version before they went to the ship hull design.

2 Jade...hull design

2 Jewel...hull design

1 Star...hull design

3 Dawn...hull design

2 Gem...hull design

I gave an entire collection away many years ago that included a Norway pin...I hope the cruisecritic guy is not selling it on Ebay! He promised!

Hmmmmm, what else do I have? Oh...one fired Captain's name tag (keeping)...one Gem It Girl lips (keeping)...one cruise deposit (thinking about giving away) and the stories I never told (keeping...but... if you see a crazy old lady in her mid-eighties sitting on a park bench all day smoking cigarettes on the causeway in Dunedin Florida thirty years from now...you can hear them then)!

coka:D

Coka,

Do you still have a Gem pin? We were just on the Gem and they said they ran out a while ago. Very disappointing as I was trying to cruise a different ship each time to complete the set as a quest....