Vitamin packing

Can I just put all my vitamins in a week pill box? Or do I have to bring the actual containers of each vitamin? Only asking because my last Disney cruise I needed the actual containers. Would like to just take my pill box if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've taken my vitamins in a ziplock bag for years without a problem.

Does Disney inspect your medications?

I don't know honestly. When we went on Disney, the paperwork stated all medicines including vitamins needed to be in original containers so that's what I did.

Can I just put all my vitamins in a week pill box? Or do I have to bring the actual containers of each vitamin? Only asking because my last Disney cruise I needed the actual containers. Would like to just take my pill box if I can.

I would bring along the original packaging if I were to cross borders, particularly in Asia, Europe or the Middle East. Otherwise the authorities might give me difficulties since they would have little way of knowing what I'm bringing into their country.

I put all my vitamins in one bottle. I only count out what we will need. I don't want to take 6 bottles of 250 counts. It's an original bottle, but not all the pills are original to that bottle. I don't think they care too much about vitamins.

I put all my vitamins in one bottle. I only count out what we will need. I don't want to take 6 bottles of 250 counts. It's an original bottle, but not all the pills are original to that bottle. I don't think they care too much about vitamins.

I do this too. I have 1 Rx and just add the vitamins to the same bottle.

My DW and I use the weekly pill boxes and never had any issues.

To check in and go through security at embarkation at the pier, they do not care about your pills. It is TSA in airports who can be very sticky about this, and before anyone says anything, yes, I have read horror stories from members here who said zealous TSA agents spilled pills all over the counter to inspect them. Horrifying. I keep my prescribed meds and vitamins in their original containers only if I am flying/crossing borders, and then transfer them to pill boxes once on board.

For Vitamins, I use the weekly organizer or those small bags they sell for it. I figure, if TSA wants to take them, while I'd be mildly annoyed, I can live without the Vitamins for a week. Given the amount I need to take - I'd need a carry-on just for those (or so it seems!) ;)

Prescription meds go in their original containers only so there is no confusion on them.

everybody has the same policy: original containers on all medications.

for OTC you can usually get away with avoiding that( my vitamins were never in original container since I get them from the warehouse stores and don't need to be lugging a bottle of 500 for a week) and I always have a small blank pill bottle full of Tylenol and Motrin for use as needed.

but all Rx should be in the original container. I know many people advocate just getting the print out from the Pharmacist to show for documentation. both my father and my brother( members of the medical profession) travel with original containers( and my father has an entire carry on JUST of that.. he's old now and falling apart in more than one way)

my bother says it can be useful in cases of overdose( or underdosing) as they have the full actual count of pills, not just what you brought along.

Thanks for all the replies. Scripts weren't the problem. I made sure those were in original containers. But like another poster, I didn't want to lug a 500 count vitamin bottle for no reason. [emoji23]

The TSA and the government is hilarious. Just because a pill is in a prescription bottle, does not make it the pill that's supposed to be in that bottle. The only thing that accomplishes is that if the TSA decides to be a PIA it helps them go thru the pill books. Many generics are not even in the books!

TSA agents are looking for large quantities of drugs, not the daily pill storage containers. If you take a large quantity of anything, the odds go up. To say that the TSA does not care about vitamins is not strictly true. They have no idea what's supposed to be in that vitamin bottle.

Still, controlled substances are probably best in prescription bottles, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Most prescriptions today are supposed to be electronic. You never get a piece of paper to copy. (ACA)

My meds go in 7 day med containers. That's it.

No one can tell you for sure if RCI cares about your drugs. But chances are if you have lots of large containers...

To check in and go through security at embarkation at the pier, they do not care about your pills. It is TSA in airports who can be very sticky about this, and before anyone says anything, yes, I have read horror stories from members here who said zealous TSA agents spilled pills all over the counter to inspect them. Horrifying. I keep my prescribed meds and vitamins in their original containers only if I am flying/crossing borders, and then transfer them to pill boxes once on board.

I have found no issue at embarkation ports in the US. On closed loop cruises I fill a daily pill container with the vitamins for the week. However, when flying the vitamins are now carried in their original containers.

I am one of those who can attest to overzealous TSA agents. I had a one way ticket from Houston to Jackson MS where I was to meet my son and drive home with him from Ole Miss for Christmas Vacation. Because of the one way ticket I was subject to extra scrutiny. My shoes tested positive for explosives because I walked on our lawn to pick up the morning paper before heading to the airport. The yard had been fertilized the day before. They took my carry on bag and my purse and literally dumped them upside down on the table. They opened my pill container and dumped the vitamin pills on the table. They picked through everything with blue rubber gloves that were filthy. Lipsticks, pens, pills and all sorts of stuff rolled off the table onto the floor. They took my license and photocopied it and filled out an incident report and put it in a big thick notebook. They even looked up the number of the company who did our yardwork and called them to verify the fertilizer application date. When they finally decided to let me board the plane I just shoved everything back in the bags and although I had a low number to board the Southwest plane, I was the last person on. Whenever I had to fly to meet my son and drive home again, I bought a round trip ticket and just threw away the other half. My family laughs at me for wanting to be at the airport hours before a flight. Well, had I not been there 2 hours before my flight, I would have missed it.

Funny thing is since they installed kiosks at the airport I always have trouble coming back through CBP at the airport. When I ask why I always get the dreaded X from the kiosk I am told that I have been flagged for extra scrutiny, but they won't tell me why. I applied for, and was granted Global Entry, but I still get the X and have to see an agent. I literally have never even had a parking ticket in my life, but I get the 3rd degree returning to the US and my troubles started with the TSA guy who barely spoke English!

I am one of those who can attest to overzealous TSA agents.... They took my carry on bag and my purse and literally dumped them upside down on the table. They opened my pill container and dumped the vitamin pills on the table. They picked through everything with blue rubber gloves that were filthy. Lipsticks, pens, pills and all sorts of stuff rolled off the table onto the floor....

Awful awful awful. This is one of my travel nightmares. I would have been trembling as I finally sat down in the airplane seat.

Thank you for sharing your story - I think sometimes people assume they will be "OK to fly" because nothing ever happened to them before.

(Yes to all, I realize that OP did not ask about TSA procedures here but rather cruise ship security - I felt the side conversation was relevant. :) )

I've taken my vitamins in a ziplock bag for years without a problem.

Does Disney inspect your medications?

Same here, we have a bunch of very small "candy" bags that you can buy at like Michael's. We put each day in a separate bag and then put all of them in a bigger bag.

Never, ever, have we taken actual bottles and it has never been an issue.

I don't know honestly. When we went on Disney, the paperwork stated all medicines including vitamins needed to be in original containers so that's what I did.

Why don't you know? Have taken my vitamins, Tylenol, in a ziplog bag for years and put them in my carryon....K.O. Edited by Thetrail

Why don't you know? Have taken my vitamins, Tylenol, in a ziplog bag for years and put them on my carryon....K.O.

Airplanes, cruises, etc. I never take bottles. put them in my checked luggage and never have issues. I usually take one or 2 days in my carryon, but in all the years we have traveled we have never had an issue