Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

The Rhapsody has a 4/29/18 Caribbean sailing. I wonder if that means she will not be heading across the pond in 2018?? Maybe staying in the US

Interesting. I can't recall an RC ship staying in Tampa for the summer. I guess she could go to another US port.

Interesting. I can't recall an RC ship staying in Tampa for the summer. I guess she could go to another US port.

Maybe they'll send her to NJ again, sell the Bahamas cruises for a few weeks, then cancel them, and then send her to Europe instead. ;)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

That is the logical conclusion. Harmony was very successful in Europe this year. The other factor to take into account is that oasis 4 is due to launch in spring 2018 and normally that would mean a first summer season in Europe? Any chance they would base 2 oasis class ships in Europe together? Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Harmony is not going back to Europe....

During the TA the captain told us that the Harmony would remain in Florida until drydock

No Western Caribbean itineraries from Bayonne or Baltimore for a second year in a row? :eek:

E

Royal' date=' would you please reconsider this ???[/quote']

Here you go two legs b2b or one leg only Bayonne to Galveston:

Repositioning in October 2017 Vision from Quebec City thru Bayonne NJ to Southern Caribbean and back up Western Caribbean into Galveston as new home port. :)

Edited by ssb

Harmony back to Europe would not make any sense at all logistically...[emoji848]

She is already in the Caribbean, and Oasis 4 constructed in Europe, so she should serve on Europe cruises in 2018.

The reason why Harmony might not be listed at SXM might just be an itinerary change.

Some seasons ago for Allure and Oasis there have also been such changes, where one port was replaced by another.

And sorry, Oasis from Southampton is pretty unlikely. IMHO those ships are just for good and warm weather, and the Europe sailings from Southampton do not fulfil such needs.

Especially in the Atlantic Ocean, and the fjords, there's too much inclement weather, and I also think several ports are not capable for Oasis class ships.

If a new ship class comes to Southampton, Quantum class at best...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still think something will change for 2020.

P&O will be sailing a ship considerably bigger than Quantum Class out of Southampton. I just can't see them leaving Navigator & Independence in Southampton in this situation.

Plus Michael Bayley has already pretty much confirmed that Oasis class will at some point be coming to Southampton.

I still think something will change for 2020.

P&O will be sailing a ship considerably bigger than Quantum Class out of Southampton. I just can't see them leaving Navigator & Independence in Southampton in this situation.

Plus Michael Bayley has already pretty much confirmed that Oasis class will at some point be coming to Southampton.

I rather recall Quantum-Class for Southampton was mentioned for some year - and I think that's going to happen by 2019 when the next Quantum-Class-ship is going to debut - Oasis-Class is unlikely, ince for the different weather and climate situation this class of ship simply is not the right series of ships, since she is designed for warm weather areas.

I think to compete with the larger P&O ship RCCL could deploy Indy (or another Freedom-Class-ship) and Quantum-Class in Southampton.

I rather recall Quantum-Class for Southampton was mentioned for some year - and I think that's going to happen by 2019 when the next Quantum-Class-ship is going to debut - Oasis-Class is unlikely, ince for the different weather and climate situation this class of ship simply is not the right series of ships, since she is designed for warm weather areas.

I think to compete with the larger P&O ship RCCL could deploy Indy (or another Freedom-Class-ship) and Quantum-Class in Southampton.

Anthem of the seas was terribly badly received by the UK market. Highly, highly unlikely I suspect it will be another quantum.

This is what Bayley said:-

Bayley refused to reveal whether this would be a Quantum or an Oasis-class vessel, however he insisted that the UK “could fill an Oasis-class ship”.

Asked whether this meant an Oasis-class ship was subsequently on the table to homeport in Southampton, Bayley admitted: “It could be”.

These ships don't sell much outside the UK market from Southampton and the British market don't care about a bit of rain. Within a day or 2 it will be in fine weather and the likely destinations are already set for Oasis class.

Would the British market fill Oasis? I think it will.

I really wouldn't rule it out happening :)

Anthem of the seas was terribly badly received by the UK market. Highly, highly unlikely I suspect it will be another quantum.

[...]

I think it's a little early to speculate on that, since there's even nothing out for summer 2018... ;)

The Britians seem to be very conservative cruisers, and if Quantum-Class did not sell very well, than Oasis-Class doesn't do either I think - also Quantum-Class has more enclosed areas for inclement weather.

The second problem for RCCL was that in 2015, P&O Cruises, Britanis cruise line No. 1 relvealed the new ship "Britannia", which was doing very well, I think, and took away many potential customers for Anthem otS.

But BTT 2018, according to the port schedules, Indy and Navi seem to sail from Southampton in 2018.

Edited by shipfriend_max

This is what Bayley said:-

Bayley refused to reveal whether this would be a Quantum or an Oasis-class vessel, however he insisted that the UK “could fill an Oasis-class ship”.

Asked whether this meant an Oasis-class ship was subsequently on the table to homeport in Southampton, Bayley admitted: “It could be”.

These ships don't sell much outside the UK market from Southampton and the British market don't care about a bit of rain. Within a day or 2 it will be in fine weather and the likely destinations are already set for Oasis class.

An Oasis in Southampton would be amazing and it would work! There are so many similarities between an Oasis and Indy plus more, unlike Anthem, which doesn't feel like RCI at all.

I think it's a little early to speculate on that, since there's even nothing out for summer 2018... ;)

The Britians seem to be very conservative cruisers, and if Quantum-Class did not sell very well, than Oasis-Class doesn't do either I think - also Quantum-Class has more enclosed areas for inclement weather.

The second problem for RCCL was that in 2015, P&O Cruises, Britanis cruise line No. 1 relvealed the new ship "Britannia", which was doing very well, I think, and took away many potential customers for Anthem otS.

But BTT 2018, according to the port schedules, Indy and Navi seem to sail from Southampton in 2018.

P&O simply won the competition against RCCL, not "taking away customers".

An Oasis in Southampton would be amazing and it would work! There are so many similarities between an Oasis and Indy plus more, unlike Anthem, which doesn't feel like RCI at all.

Really???:eek:

I would see FAR more similarities between Indy and Anthem!

Oasis is not fit for an European market because of the sunshine weather set up - IMHO!

Really???:eek:

I would see FAR more similarities between Indy and Anthem!

Oasis is not fit for an European market because of the sunshine weather set up - IMHO!

I've sailed both. They share about 10% of each other's DNA.

That's not saying that Anthem's a bad ship, there are some things I really liked, but I just have no interest for another Quantum in Southampton and would much prefer to see another Oasis Class.

Also, if it's Oasis 4, they can adapt it to suit Southampton.

Edited by Joe12

I am also referring to the size, because from SOuthampton many ports (including Norwegian Fjords, smaller Med/Western European ports) are visited which cannot be reached by huge ships such as Oasis, so she would be simply too large for such itineraries. And featuring more simplified itineraires just for Oasis would be really pitiful, IMHO...

Quantum-Class-ships might visit most of those ports, as well as Indy and Navi.

I am also referring to the size, because from SOuthampton many ports (including Norwegian Fjords, smaller Med/Western European ports) are visited which cannot be reached by huge ships such as Oasis, so she would be simply too large for such itineraries. And featuring more simplified itineraires just for Oasis would be really pitiful, IMHO...

Quantum-Class-ships might visit most of those ports, as well as Indy and Navi.

What about this?

Indy/Nav doing Scandinavia/Norwegian Fjords/Canary Islands

Oasis Class doing Med (can visit Vigo, Malaga, Barcelona, Palma, La Spezia, Naples, Civitavecchia etc)

Simplified itineraries wouldn't be "pitiful" either as RCI are trying to reach out to the family markets, and with 2 ships in Southampton, that still leaves space for those who want a better itinerary.

Edited by Joe12

I've sailed both. They share about 10% of each other's DNA.

That's not saying that Anthem's a bad ship, there are some things I really liked, but I just have no interest for another Quantum in Southampton and would much prefer to see another Oasis Class.

Also, if it's Oasis 4, they can adapt it to suit Southampton.

if that is true - than Oasis shares 0,02% of the DNA of Indy!:rolleyes:

O4 in Southampton for long - is not going to happen...get real!