Anyone notice anything missing from staterooms

bogofman

As far as towel animals go, I never understood why people thought they were so great. I'd rather they spend the time cleaning and not making toys and quit wasting towels and adding to the laundry the already overworked laundry staff has to do.

In 14 cruises we've had maybe 3.

Slippers were never a feature of regular verandah, or outside, or inside staterooms, as far as I can remember.

When I didn't have glasses in the bathroom (once) i simply called the steward who delivered some. They had not been there originally because new glasses had been ordered for the ship and had just arrived and were being washed, so he told me.

The thing I noticed the absence of was the large blue book with menus, information, policies, etc. I have been told they are now all available for viewing on the tv and the paper copies are being phased out.

Slippers were never a feature of regular verandah, or outside, or inside staterooms, as far as I can remember.

The pre-cruise hotel always gives us two pairs. In fact, we now have a closet full of unused ones! I should put them up on Freecycle.

When I didn't have glasses in the bathroom (once) i simply called the steward who delivered some. They had not been there originally because new glasses had been ordered for the ship and had just arrived and were being washed, so he told me.

Good idea. We tend to "self-help" from the dining room.

The thing I noticed the absence of was the large blue book with menus, information, policies, etc. I have been told they are now all available for viewing on the tv and the paper copies are being phased out.

Hallelujah! That thing was always in the way, and as we cleaned up the cabin I had to remember where I had hidden it [so as not to make the steward's time hard forcing him to find it!]

We have gotten towel animals several times and I always feel bad for the amount of time it takes them to make them. Then, I feel I can't wreck them, so I carefully lift them off the bed and put them on top of the sofa where they stay for the rest of the cruise.

We have gotten towel animals several times and I always feel bad for the amount of time it takes them to make them. Then, I feel I can't wreck them, so I carefully lift them off the bed and put them on top of the sofa where they stay for the rest of the cruise.

Same here, so I decided a few cruises back, to let the steward know that he didn't have to bother with towel animals. He looked at me like I had just shot his puppy. I tried to explain that we didn't want him to have to take the time and he said he liked to do the towel animals. After that, I've never mentioned it to another steward. I'm not sure why they wouldn't appreciate you telling them that they don't have to do them. Now when they make one and I see them in the hall afterwards, I tell them how adorable it was and for the rest of the cruise, I have to move it around carefully. :(

Our last cruise was the first time we did not have the blue book on the desk. Therefore we also did not have the writing paper, envelopes or pen that previously came in the blue book.

But we picked some up at Guest Relations, along with meclizine.

At one time, long ago, you could turn a knob on your cabin wall to adjust the volume for PA announcements, so you would hear them inside the cabin when you wanted, and could silence them when you did not want to be disturbed.

That is a feature we miss. Now we need to jump up and go running to open the hallway door if we want to hear the announcements (except for the few announcements that are broadcast into all cabins, such as emergency and muster drill announcements).

Usually, by the time we get to the door, we have already missed half of the announcement.

There is also a channel on the TV where you are supposed to be able to hear announcements in the cabin, but half the time that doesn't work.

Even when it does work, the announcement is half over by the time you pick up the remote, turn on the TV, and switch to the right channel.

The bathroom's electric outlet for plugging in an electric razor or toothbrush or water pick is now gone, (undoubtedly removed as a safety precaution).

Also missing from the staterooms are the tray with water pitcher and ice bucket that used to be provided automatically, but now we need to request them.

Occasionally the laundry bags and/or laundry forms or umbrella or beach bag have been missing from our stateroom, but I think those may have just been oversights as we still get them most of the time.

We always ask our stateroom attendant to empty our minibar/fridge.

But on our last cruise, much to our surprise, for the first time ever, it was already empty!

So we don't know if is a new policy to stock it only upon request, or if they merely forgot to stock it that one time.

Guess we will find out on our next cruise. :)

We have received towel animals sporadically on Celebrity cruises.

It seems that the stateroom attendants most likely to make them are the ones who have come over to Celebrity from other cruise lines where towel animals are routinely provided.

We thought they were cute when we first started cruising. Once the novelty wore off, we really didn't want them anymore, but were afraid to say anything to the stateroom attendants for fear of hurting their feelings.

I had a similar experiance with a steward that put happy birthday and balloons on our door on a Princess ship.....I told the steward that I appreciated the effort but, to please remove them.....he also looked crushed. it was unfourtunate that he was less than stellar at doing the things we actually asked him to do.

Same here, so I decided a few cruises back, to let the steward know that he didn't have to bother with towel animals. He looked at me like I had just shot his puppy. I tried to explain that we didn't want him to have to take the time and he said he liked to do the towel animals. After that, I've never mentioned it to another steward. I'm not sure why they wouldn't appreciate you telling them that they don't have to do them. Now when they make one and I see them in the hall afterwards, I tell them how adorable it was and for the rest of the cruise, I have to move it around carefully. :(
Edited by LabGuy64

No towel animals? Quelle horreur! My next cruise on Reflection is going to be ruined because of that. Not that I've ever had towel animals on Celebrity before. The glasses in the bathroom might have just been an oversight. They are usually in the cabinets by the mirror. Don't understand it as being a cut back. I don't ever remember having slippers in an ordinary cabin either.

We also seem to miss half the announcements by time we get door opened or tv turned. They should do a "Announcement is going to start in 2 minutes" warning.

Some things have disappeared. I wish some more would follow.

They could get rid of the Pringles cans, the mini bar items, the large magazine, the blue book(glad it's phasing out), the art auction papers, just to name a few.

Just back off reflection,

No glasses in bathroom anymore, had to borrow one from a bar, to put tooth brushes in.

No slippers , apparently only aqua and above now

Only one steward

No towel animals

No big deal, but changes I noticed

Did you ask the steward to bring you bathroom glasses. Seems like the simplest solution to me.

DON

We also seem to miss half the announcements by time we get door opened or tv turned. They should do a "Announcement is going to start in 2 minutes" warning.

Some things have disappeared. I wish some more would follow.

They could get rid of the Pringles cans, the mini bar items, the large magazine, the blue book(glad it's phasing out), the art auction papers, just to name a few.

One of the major reasons for sailing on Celebrity is not being bombarded with endless announcements. "Announcement is going to start in 2 minutes" would be disruptive.

If you wish to get rid of the for sale items, simply request that your steward remove them.

Actually, I wish they would ditch the "art" auctions along with their paper ads. :) But not going to happen; apparently Celebrity receives quite a bit of revenue from these. All the ads go directly to the trash can.

As for towel animals, never received any for many years. Lately, one or two will make an appearance. I think they're kind of cute when they only appear occasionally. And personalized. A towel animal wearing reading glasses and reading a book on the iPad I thought was particularly creative.

I have always told the steward on the first day (or the concierge who calls us ahead of time) that we want an actual top sheet on the bed (not just the sheet on the duvet), mini bar removed, not to bring any for-sale items, extra hangers, wine opener and glasses (they're usually there anyway), an extra bath towel.

I'm happy to hear about the disappearance of the blue book. Wish they'd get rid of those "magazines" too. I always stash all of those in the rack that holds all the periodicals and they remain there the entire cruise - with the exception of the room service door hangers which we use nearly every morning. <---- I assume we still get those too.

We never used any of the note paper (I always have some in my purse and in my suitcase so no big deal) and I often thought it kind of funny that imprinted stuff with our name.

We never used any of the note paper (I always have some in my purse and in my suitcase so no big deal) and I often thought it kind of funny that imprinted stuff with our name.

My favorite "personalized" stationery story is from my first Celebrity cruise. I was sharing a cabin with my sister. My stationary said Ms. _______. My sister's said Mr. ________. Apparently they couldn't grasp the concept of two sisters sharing a cabin. We had a good laugh over that.

I use that stationery to write notes of appreciation about cruise staff. Or thank you notes to my cabin attendants, etc.

Just off Reflction, we had glasses in the bathroom and on the tray in the room, we had the blue book, I've never gotten slippers, I thought they were always Aqua and above, I've never gotten a towel animal on Celebrity and don't expect any.

The time of the daily announcement was listed in the Celebrity Today paper.

Our fridge was stocked with goodies.

We had the blue book, it just gets buried under other stuff on the shelf.

I can't think of anything that was missing.

It may depend on your cabin steward. We've been on 2 Celebrity cruises so far. The first one, no towel animals. The second one, we enjoyed coming back to the room in the late afternoon to see what different animal our steward left for us. They very cute and enjoyable even tho we weren't traveling with any kids.

Never had slippers provided on the cruise and that seems like an odd thing to offer as people coming in many sizes, feet included!