Best place to eat when arrive on Anthem

Lily2006

Wow..do they have the roast beef sandwiches?

thanks

They do, but I tried them twice and I guess I just don't understand why people think they are so special. The first time, on embarkation day, there was too little meat and the sandwich was too dry. Really underwhelming.

Knowing how beloved this sandwich is on RCI, I gave it another try later in the cruise. I asked for additional meat, and I asked for the horseradish mayo to be spread on both pieces of bread. Okay, that made it a decent roast beef sandwich, but nothing more.

I realize that food is subjective; ymmv.

We had a party of 6 and no one could agree so we went to 270, Johnny Rockets, and WJ. I am a big salad eater and one tip I will impart is do NOT get a pre-made salad at 270. Have them make it up fresh. If they go to reach under to grab your salad stop them..lol. Think big bowl of salad filled to the top and then refrigerated to death...comes out half as big and wilted.

We almost always go to Windjammer on the first lunch as a tradition, but I can't argue with anyone recommending Two70. The food there is very good and they have a nice salad bar as well. Also, that's where the fancy coffee place is located.

A tip: You can get bags of chips at Two70 if you just want a light snack.

So, if it were me, I'd go to Windjammer and if it's jammer'd full then I'd go to Two70.

There's just something special about the buffet on the first day.

Tom

Also... we thought the hot dog place was really good and a fun lunch. It's out of the way so you don't think about it, but you should plan it for a lunch while on board. It's tasty and fun and different than you get on other ships.

Tom

We are fortunate that we got to board early on both of our Anthem sailings. Headed to Cafe 270. No lines. And lots of options as to where to sit in 270. The people making the sandwiches will put on additional meats or cheeses. If you are getting a wrap they will give you as many as you want. There is no limit on the food. DH really likes the Kemmelwreck (sp?) sandwiches.