Freedom of the seas - dressing up

hamishcat

Hello

I just wondered if people dress up in the evening when it is not a formal night. I was on Celebrity last year and they seemed to dress up every evening. I have seen some photos of Freedom and people seem to be very casual. I am on Freedom on 25th Sept and thinking about what to pack as I have got new dresses and don't want to be overdressed.

thanks

Hello

I just wondered if people dress up in the evening when it is not a formal night. I was on Celebrity last year and they seemed to dress up every evening. I have seen some photos of Freedom and people seem to be very casual. I am on Freedom on 25th Sept and thinking about what to pack as I have got new dresses and don't want to be overdressed.

thanks

Not likely you'll be over dressed. Some like to look nice as some others choose to look like slobs

Shorts are fine in the diningroom on any night except formal night ! Even on formal night many wear khaki's and Tommy bahama type shirts and some wear tux's , suits, shirt and tie ,but alas some act like they smell something if you are underdressed!:eek:

Can't trust a sign in Comic Sans.

Anyways, around the ship at night generally will see people dressed like they are going out at home. For women you'll see maxi dresses/ sun dress types, shorty shorts with blouses, etc. Men are usually either khakis/jeans/golf short with a polo shirt or t-shirts.

Neat and clean seems to be the general consensus. If you're out at night bar hopping, going to shows, karaoke, battle of sexes, quest, etc. people will be dressed pretty resort casual.

Can't trust a sign in Comic Sans.

Anyways, around the ship at night generally will see people dressed like they are going out at home. For women you'll see maxi dresses/ sun dress types, shorty shorts with blouses, etc. Men are usually either khakis/jeans/golf short with a polo shirt or t-shirts.

Neat and clean seems to be the general consensus. If you're out at night bar hopping, going to shows, karaoke, battle of sexes, quest, etc. people will be dressed pretty resort casual.

You had me at Comic Sans. That font should be abolished, unless it's for, well, a comic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Speaking for myself and my sweet husband: on non-formal nights he typically wears nice slacks and a dress shirt (many times with a tie), or sometimes a polo shirt, while I wear dresses or slacks and a nice top. This is our style, I guess. Two reasons, mainly; one is because this is what everybody did when we first started cruising (he also was on staff on a cruise ship a LONG time ago, and it was always required), and second, we are on a cruise, and we enjoy dressing up and looking our best once in a while. Although I have to admit that while we used to keep our dinner clothes on throughout the evening, we (well, my husband) now go back to the cabin and change at some point after dinner....LOL!

It used to bug me when I started seeing people wearing shorts to dinner on a cruise, call me old fashioned, I guess (and I am typically a rule follower), but then I realized that it is their vacation, not mine! To each their own.

In other words, how you dress is entirely up to you!!

Hello

thanks

Smart casual the evening. Pack all your new dresses. You won't be overdressed.

I wear dresses every night. DH and DS wear Dockers style pants and nice shirts every non formal night. Formal night they suit up and my dresses get longer or fancier.

We make sure that the clothes fit properly and aren't uncomfortable. Same with shoes. That way we don't feel punished while looking pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on one cruise and a family came in wearing shorts on a formal Night, they were stopped immediately. Shorts are alright in the dining room during the day for lunch but not in the evening

This must have been sometime ago because I've seen people in shorts, (even on formal night) on cruises. The only time, I've actually seen the dress code enforced was on Quantum, in Grande. They'll lend a man jacket to wear to the table. Now that they're doing away with DD, Grande probably won't be formal anymore. I actually don't care what people are wearing, as long as they're clean and covered up. There are some things that shouldn't be worn but I'm more interested in how my food tastes. :)

We were on the Freedom last week and people wore pretty much what they wanted to in the dining rooms. I saw a group of women who dressed up every night, but I also saw a couple on formal night admitted to the dining room, both in flip flops, he in shorts and she in very short shorts....but then I saw two men of different days turned away at breakfast because they had on tank tops...go figure.

Hello

thanks

Very few dress up.