Sign the Petition to Home Port a ship in LA

John&LaLa

This seems like the quest they made to bring a big ship to CA. They put the Mariner out there. It didn't last. They couldn't make $ and were deep discounting the fares to fill the ship.

I don't think RCCL ever did RT Hawaii. It was one-way. And I can say after having been on both RCCL (twice) and Princess Hawaii cruises - RCCL should stick with the transpacific ones and not do it on a regular basis. Our last one on the Radiance this past spring was boring on sea days. Couldn't imagine how they would perform doing RT like Princess.

As others mentioned about New Orleans - RCCL has pulled out multiple times. I'm hoping they come back. Love cruising out of there on RCCL. I tried Carnival out of there after they left. It wasn't very good.

The only cruises I like out of CA are the California Coastal ones starting in San Francisco. That's on Princess. If RCCL does that I would be interested.

Edited by iluvcruzin

This seems like the quest they made to bring a big ship to CA. They put the Mariner out there. It didn't last. They couldn't make $ and were deep discounting the fares to fill the ship.

The only cruises I like out of CA are the California Coastal ones starting in San Francisco. That's on Princess. If RCCL does that I would be interested.

Mariner was during the US recession and I think SARS? or something similar and the crime in Mexico.....

I signed anyway, may not do anything but who knows..........?

Petition Update.

Only 49 signatures so far, less than I'd hoped for. Actually this may end up doing more harm than good, sorry. :(

We have had 164 views, not sure what the conversion ratio should be.

They also let me know that for $10 I can get it promoted. :eek:

Interesting business model.

Can we at least get one more and have an even 50. :o

Edited by John&LaLa

Done. I am 50. Been a few years since I could say that! Good luck on your quest. Dan

Petition Update.

Only 49 signatures so far, less than I'd hoped for. Actually this may end up doing more harm than good, sorry. :(

Ok, I've been giving this some thought and think there are ways that this could be profitable for RCCL and make us happy at the same time. I totally get they don't want to put a ship here full time based on past experience. So.....

I think it would be perfect if they base a ship here just 2 months out of the year. For example, have one of the ships they use for summer Alaskan cruises sail out of LA for 1 month from ~April to May alternating Mexican and Pacific coastal itineraries. Then, do it again in Sept - Oct. Done. Or, do Mexico in the springe (perfect weather) and Pacific Coastal in the Fall (again perfect weather). Not a huge commitment and doesn't take away a lot from the next home port they would reposition the ship for 6 months or so. Problem solved.

By having only a limited number of sailings in a year I am willing to bet they would fill up easily! Supply and Demand at it's finest :p .

Forget the Hawaii RT...that just isn't a good way to see Hawaii anyway, and they waste too many days at sea just to get there and back.

Petition Update.

I too would prefer a west coast ship as I always fly to florida from california.

Part of the problem may be that you used LA in your header which of course is Louisiana.

Wish you could edit the title to actually says what you meant CA or west coast or something.

I'll sign it! It may not make any difference but it's worth the shot! My kids first cruise ever (1st family cruise) was on the Mariner out of LA and it was a wonderful time. We ended up doing two more on the same itinerary in a year time before she left us.

I'm going on Majesty in 2 weeks, when I was last on her back in 2013, they were still showing a promotional show for the Mariner LA sailing. I liked what I saw.

Ok, I've been giving this some thought and think there are ways that this could be profitable for RCCL and make us happy at the same time. I totally get they don't want to put a ship here full time based on past experience. So.....

I think it would be perfect if they base a ship here just 2 months out of the year. For example, have one of the ships they use for summer Alaskan cruises sail out of LA for 1 month from ~April to May alternating Mexican and Pacific coastal itineraries. Then, do it again in Sept - Oct. Done. Or, do Mexico in the springe (perfect weather) and Pacific Coastal in the Fall (again perfect weather). Not a huge commitment and doesn't take away a lot from the next home port they would reposition the ship for 6 months or so. Problem solved.

By having only a limited number of sailings in a year I am willing to bet they would fill up easily! Supply and Demand at it's finest :p .

Forget the Hawaii RT...that just isn't a good way to see Hawaii anyway, and they waste too many days at sea just to get there and back.

I just signed, and suggested at least offering CA Coastals in spring and fall. I also stated how happy we were to have the Jewel out here last year. Given the pricing of those cruises (and I booked on Day 1), they likely made a nice profit. I also mentioned that the West Coast presence would provide a nice introduction to Royal Caribbean for many first time cruisers.

I heard this question about a ship on the west coast asked of Michael Bayley last week on the President's Cruise at two separate Question/Answer sessions and the answer was NO.

He said it is just not profitable for RCI and where would they go was his response citing problems in Mexico. He was not optimistic at all about the possibility. Sorry to say for my west coast cruise friends :(

I too would prefer a west coast ship as I always fly to florida from california.

Part of the problem may be that you used LA in your header which of course is Louisiana.

Wish you could edit the title to actually says what you meant CA or west coast or something.

On the Atlantic side of Florida, the West Coast is Tampa. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Thanks for starting this. I'm in. Never saw this thread till today. Maybe someone should keep this filtering to the top to get more signatures?

I was on the Coastal Cruise on the Jewel last October. It was a wonderful itinerary and a great cruise. I'd welcome more seasonal cruises here. It's better than nothing!

Thanks for starting this. I'm in. Never saw this thread till today. Maybe someone should keep this filtering to the top to get more signatures?

I was on the Coastal Cruise on the Jewel last October. It was a wonderful itinerary and a great cruise. I'd welcome more seasonal cruises here. It's better than nothing!

We also did Jewel Cal. Coastal last Oct. Booked as soon as I saw it. Wanted to show support for RC from CA. Did Mariner three times. Signed the petition as well. We are still looking at the Princess cruises from LA and SF. Would be great to not have to fly for a cruise.

I just signed too. After doing Princess to Hawaii, hubby and I started doing Royal in the Caribbean. We were looking to book something closer to home (Oregon) and very disappointed in what Royal has to offer. Airfare is pretty costly to the east coast. We were hoping to book a couple of cruises closer to home to build up our points faster. Closer to home we could do more last minute cruises instead of booking a year in advance like we do for east coast.

Sure, why not. 60 sigs, 193 views

Bumping this back up to keep it alive!

Ok, I see that one of my favs Explorer of the Seas is in the midst of Pacific Coastal and there is 1 more next week. Guess what.....SOLD OUT! As stated by another poster, the Jewel also SOLD OUT on her Pacific Coastal last year. See a trend here???

Come on RCCL (Michael Bayley)....there is demand not just the "2 people" that you stated last week on Allure last week.

We realize that putting a ship here full time doesn't make good business sense, but giving us a month on each end of an Alaskan run does! I for one though, would like Mexican Riviera added back into the mix. Just saying :p

What about everyone else? What are your thoughts on the seasonal 2 month per year type of run?

Edited by tropiclvrs

Bumping this back up to keep it alive!

Ok, I see that one of my favs Explorer of the Seas is in the midst of Pacific Coastal and there is 1 more next week. Guess what.....SOLD OUT! As stated by another poster, the Jewel also SOLD OUT on her Pacific Coastal last year. See a trend here???

Come on RCCL (Michael Bayley)....there is demand not just the "2 people" that you stated last week on Allure last week.

We realize that putting a ship here full time doesn't make good business sense, but giving us a month on each end of an Alaskan run does! I for one though, would like Mexican Riviera added back into the mix. Just saying :p

What about everyone else? What are your thoughts on the seasonal 2 month per year type of run?

I agree.....but I also think that cruisers need to write to Michael Bayley....and not just sign a petition. Many are saying they're booking with other cruise lines. He....and RCI corporate....need to know that too.

I've expressed my thoughts in an email and encourage others to do so too. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I agree.....but I also think that cruisers need to write to Michael Bayley....and not just sign a petition. Many are saying they're booking with other cruise lines. He....and RCI corporate....need to know that too.

I've expressed my thoughts in an email and encourage others to do so too. :)

Did you sign the petition as well?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app