Half Moon Cay - CONFLICT

The Tsar

What happens when two HAL ships arrive at the same time at Half Moon Cay?

In particular on March 13th, 2017, when the Koningsdam and the Westerdam will both arrive at 8:00 A.M. I would assume that they would take turns tendering to the shore, but what of activities/facilities such as the ClamShells. Even normally, the Cabanas and ClamShells sell out with only one ship in port. Then there is the BBQ - One huge or two regular at different times?

Would appreciate feedback from someone who has been on Half Moon Cay when two ships in port. Who gets priority?

What happens when two HAL ships arrive at the same time at Half Moon Cay?

In particular on March 13th, 2017, when the Koningsdam and the Westerdam will both arrive at 8:00 A.M. I would assume that they would take turns tendering to the shore, but what of activities/facilities such as the ClamShells. Even normally, the Cabanas and ClamShells sell out with only one ship in port. Then there is the BBQ - One huge or two regular at different times?

Would appreciate feedback from someone who has been on Half Moon Cay when two ships in port. Who gets priority?

Have been at HMC with two HAL ships in port and tendering is pretty simple.

the island has it's own tenders and when we were there, they sent the their tenders out to the larger ship. The other ship used it's own tenders to get people to the island.

It wasn't a major concern tender wise for us.

It really isn't a conflict. It happens from time to time. Not a huge deal. Yes, the island will be more crowded.

The larger ship provides the logistical support. Yes, the cabanas and such will probably sell out faster.

We have been at HMC 8 times, the last/most recent time with Noordam and N. Amsterdam both there. Other than more crowded, no issues. There is no reason one or the other gets priority. It was handled very well.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you for the quick replies -

I was a slightly concerned about over crowding, since the the Westerdam and the Koningsdam are like having THREE (Class S) Hal ships in port at one time.

Glad to hear no major problems.

We have been there with two ships. Tending to the island wasn't a problem. Clamshells and whatnot do sell out so if you want one make sure to book it early. The beach will be a little crowded, although you can spread out and hardly notice it. We didn't notice much difference with the BBQ. Remember, lots of people simply stay on the ship instead of going to HMC.

One thing I would caution you though. When leaving the island, make sure that you are in the correct line up for your ship. Pay attention to the signs and ask the staff before you step on the return tender the name of the ship. A passenger in front of us almost got on the wrong tender and would have ended up at the wrong ship. Not a good thing at all.

We have been on HMC with 2 ships.

The larger ship gets to use the island tenders and the smaller ship uses their own tenders.

HAL keeps open so many cabanas for each ship until they are all rented -- which goes quickly. Some times the clam shells rent out quickly.

The BBQ -- very long lines. We went ashore one time -- saw the long lines -- went back to the ship.

The last few times that we have been there with 2 ships, many passengers just stayed on the ship we were on.

If more tha one HAL ahip,, ofgen one will d being all ar supplirshipfor boyh edhps wnrr yhr4 oyhrrt 3eeill b ring bwtbrfwuer for botyh. The swhip that rberrings gtthe food b ills pp forf gtthe dood to gtheotgher swhip. eudrdd ghrit DCARD GTO BU uy drinks.

I am booked on the westerdam at that timeframe and on March 13, 2017 we are at see between San Diego and Puerto Vallarta. There is no Half Moon Cay planned on this cruise.

Thank you for the update - My information was apparently incorrect -

Screen-Shot-2016-09-26-at-12_08.18-PM.jpg.55f1ce71ff08a70a8bec4896a4bc4454.jpg

I was there with two ships and while I didn't have any problem ON the island, getting back ONTO the ship was awful. The ship using the larger tenders (not mine) had no line. For me, we waited over an hour in the sun in line to get a spot on a tender back to the ship. HAL seriously should have been passing out water or putting some tents along the way.

If you do not get the larger tenders, go back onboard early!

I am booked on the westerdam at that timeframe and on March 13, 2017 we are at see between San Diego and Puerto Vallarta. There is no Half Moon Cay planned on this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the update - My information was apparently incorrect -

However, K Dam will be there, and we will be on it. And have a cabana rented already.

Nov 13th - K dam and N.A. dam are both at HMC for possible total of 4,754 - that's a lot

K dam is pretty full that cruise - I don't think NA is because those prices have dropped.

Lots of Mariners onboard so we'll see how that all goes and how many folks choose to just stay on board.

If more tha one HAL ahip,, ofgen one will d being all ar supplirshipfor boyh edhps wnrr yhr4 oyhrrt 3eeill b ring bwtbrfwuer for botyh. The swhip that rberrings gtthe food b ills pp forf gtthe dood to gtheotgher swhip. eudrdd ghrit DCARD GTO BU uy drinks.

Best answer ever

Nov 13th - K dam and N.A. dam are both at HMC for possible total of 4,754 - that's a lot

K dam is pretty full that cruise - I don't think NA is because those prices have dropped.

Lots of Mariners onboard so we'll see how that all goes and how many folks choose to just stay on board.

Is it possible that you are mistaken about the dates? We're on the Koningsdam cruise and the date for HMC is the 11th., not the 13th. - she'll be back at Fort Lauderdale then. The following year, 2017, it's the 18th. when Koningsdam arrives at HMC.

We haven't cruised Holland yet - we have cruised Princess Carnival Norweigan and Royal Caribbean- but HMC is definitely our favorite private island! [emoji267][emoji321][emoji217]

I guess I don't understand your posting. How can HMC be your favorite island if you have never been there?

Scott & Karen

Have been at HMC with two HAL ships in port and tendering is pretty simple.

the island has it's own tenders and when we were there, they sent the their tenders out to the larger ship. The other ship used it's own tenders to get people to the island.

It wasn't a major concern tender wise for us.

However these are two large ships

I guess I don't understand your posting. How can HMC be your favorite island if you have never been there?

Scott & Karen

I have been there - 5 times. On Carnival ships. I really could live there! [emoji267][emoji217][emoji321][emoji225][emoji925]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that you are mistaken about the dates? We're on the Koningsdam cruise and the date for HMC is the 11th., not the 13th. - she'll be back at Fort Lauderdale then. The following year, 2017, it's the 18th. when Koningsdam arrives at HMC.

Oops - sorry the 13th is the boarding date for our cruise in FLL as you said. . Both ships are there on the 14th.

Thanks

Edited by beachdreaming
Typo