I should know this but....

lovey1103

Does Princess provide any toiletries besides shampoo/conditioner and soap?

We are new elites if that make a difference.

With that said, I don't feel entitled, just blessed.

Thanks much

Edited by lovey1103

Does Princess provide any toiletries besides shampoo/conditioner and soap?

We are new elites if that make a difference.

With that said, I don't feel entitled, just blessed.

Thanks much

Elites get a cute little bag with all kinds of goodies. Emory board, swabs, cotton balls, gel mask, linen spray, lotion, sewing kit. There's more. Someone will fill in the blanks or you can just be surprised. ;)

Elites get a cute little bag with all kinds of goodies. Emory board, swabs, cotton balls, gel mask, linen spray, lotion, sewing kit. There's more. Someone will fill in the blanks or you can just be surprised. ;)

it is very rare lately for me to get the gel mask (only got it once) and i've not seen a sewing kit in years. it is definitely a surprise to see what you get as an elite! i'm never sure what to do with the linen spray--spray on linens, as an air freshener, perfume??? there usually is a chapstick-type thing too.

Standard is shower gel, conditioning shampoo in bottles on Wall of shower, small round of hand sold and tube of body lotion. Cabin steward will Replenish whatever you want of those.

Elites receive small cloth gift bag with emery board, cotton swabs, gel eye mask (nice when stuck in mini-fridge and chilled down then placed on eyes on morning or whenever for a pick-me-up), @ small linen spray (spray on linens to add soothing scent), loofah hand mitt, and such. We've not received a sewing kit in any of our Elite bags, and the lotion has been same as that provided to everyone...it's decent body lotion though.

The elite amenity kit is a nice addition but doesn't add any better shower gel or soap or such...

We're not Elite (yet) but, whatever they provide, it will likely not be of much use to us. Lotions, soaps, etc. are almost invariably heavily scented. I'm allergic to most scents. :( Nothing like getting a raging headache from over-scented products. (As you can imagine, I have real issues with people who "douse themselves" with perfume.)

No scent now with Princess toiletries so no headache. I loved the smelly stuff though as I used to take a soap home so when I wanted a cruise fix but sailing was some time away I could imagine I was washing on board a ship.

No scent now with Princess toiletries so no headache. I loved the smelly stuff though as I used to take a soap home so when I wanted a cruise fix but sailing was some time away I could imagine I was washing on board a ship.

The pump bottle stuff doesn't have much scent it's true but it's also really poop as shampoo. I take my own shampoo and prefer to use an actual bar of soap rather than whatever that jive is in the pump bottle. The old eucalyptus stuff everybody loved was not for me but I can certainly understand some folks feeling the same way as you.

Edited by Thrak

I have noticed that for the last year or so that lotion is unscented too.

On my recent Hawaii cruise I used the "lotion" in my elite amenities bag for a couple of days, commenting to my DH that it seemed a different texture than the other tube of lotion in the bathroom. When I finally compared the two, the one in the elite amenities bag was actually hair conditioner.

I have noticed that what is in those bags is anything but consistent.

Edited by bigenna

If you don't get it just ask for it. Sometimes they forget.

Tony

All I can say is the 'new' shampoo and conditioner in the dispensers on the wall is the worst I have ever used in my entire life. My hair felt like straw and was unmanageable. I didn't bring my own conditioner because theirs had always been fine before.

If we go Princess again, I'm bringing my own. And, I am not picky about this; use things like Suave at home, and have always been fine with the included products on all the different lines--until now.

I also prefer bar soap, but we did get small bars of hand soap that I used in the shower.

All I can say is the 'new' shampoo and conditioner in the dispensers on the wall is the worst I have ever used in my entire life. My hair felt like straw and was unmanageable. I didn't bring my own conditioner because theirs had always been fine before.

If we go Princess again, I'm bringing my own. And, I am not picky about this; use things like Suave at home, and have always been fine with the included products on all the different lines--until now.

I also prefer bar soap, but we did get small bars of hand soap that I used in the shower.

If you think that Princess is bad, you should try the offering on RCI. It's one dispenser for shampoo/conditioner/body wash.

I bring my own on most ships now as they seem to be getting worse. It's the lack of a good conditioner that seems to make all the difference.:(