Changes to Mini Bar - Brilliance

Had a quick search but couldn't see anything posted about this. Currently in a Grand Suite on Brilliance. There are no items in the mini bar and you now have to request for it to be stocked by requesting packs of drinks. Not sure if this is something new being trialled as not had it on any of my cruises. There is a form that you can complete to make requests, pictures attached.

4eb8c280c74d7b72ba0c0b219f30274d.jpg

2dd2b4f2a121e9686a544509d8c6b2b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Glad Royal is trying this out.

IF I wanted the stuff in mini bar/frig that Royal provides, then it would be nice to have some choices. I think also this might help sales if the stuff in the frog is what you might buy.

I like space for my beers I buy.

Edited by shipshape sam

What would be nice

If you have purchased the drink package, why cannot that include the drinks in the mini bar,

why do we have to take out the stuff from the mini bar and then but our own stuff in there.

we only ever use it for our own water.

While on the Freedom 2 weeks ago my cabin steward said on the sailing after the one we were on they were emptying the coolers.

I'll know for sure Sunday when we return for the next sailing,that is, if it makes it back to Port Canaveral.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I think this is a great idea, we don't use the minibar drinks and it will be nice to have an empty fridge without having to store the contents somewhere. Hopefully it will also stop the mystery charges that sometimes appear on our account.

We are in a GS on Brilliance a week on monday for the TA, take care of her for us:)

Julie

I think this great and the prices didn't give me a sticker shock as you over the pond like to say:)

This would certainly help cut down on the erroneous mini bar charges that appear when guests have left the ship.

Last cruise the mini bar attendant removed all the nibbles saying they were out of date but never replaced them. We half expected to be charged when the next one came along to replenish but that did not happen. Much better idea RCI to fill by request .

I think it's great and hope they roll it out fleetwide as well. Saves messing around with trying to get it emptied.

We are in a GS on Brilliance a week on monday for the TA, take care of her for us:)

Julie

Thoroughly enjoying the cruise so far and will try and make sure we keep her in one piece for when you get on!

Enjoy the TA!

While on the Freedom 2 weeks ago my cabin steward said on the sailing after the one we were on they were emptying the coolers.

I'll know for sure Sunday when we return for the next sailing,that is, if it makes it back to Port Canaveral.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hope you have a great cruise and that everything goes as planned.

Would be good to get feedback from another ship.

What a good idea! People can order what they want, and this should end the overcharges many have complained about. We're doing a B2B on Brilliance in early November, and we're eager to hear what others think about this.

Margy

Had a quick search but couldn't see anything posted about this. Currently in a Grand Suite on Brilliance. There are no items in the mini bar and you now have to request for it to be stocked by requesting packs of drinks. Not sure if this is something new being trialled as not had it on any of my cruises. There is a form that you can complete to make requests, pictures attached.

4eb8c280c74d7b72ba0c0b219f30274d.jpg

2dd2b4f2a121e9686a544509d8c6b2b8.jpg

This is a very recent change, we just got off 2 weeks ok and mini fridge was stocked with things we never drink ( also in GS), hope this will continue. ( by the way isn't Concierge lounge great on this ship, also best concierge I have ever seen at least for us)

This is a very recent change, we just got off 2 weeks ok and mini fridge was stocked with things we never drink ( also in GS), hope this will continue. ( by the way isn't Concierge lounge great on this ship, also best concierge I have ever seen at least for us)

I'm not sure but I think the change is as of this cruise.

The Concierge Lounge is beautiful and I love the outdoor seating area. I quite agree, Rafael is superb, very nice and easily one of the best Concierges I have had the pleasure of meeting. He really enjoys looking after his guests.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Yes, I posted this in my review of the Anthem Aug. 25th cruise. On the 3rd day we received a notice in our cabin that the mini bar was being emptied and gave us a list of items that would be stored if we wanted to. Used the bar to store our gifts of soda and water.

I guess I'm going against the majority. If I want a Diet Coke, I like to be able to reach in the fridge and get one. I may only have one on the cruise but I like that it's there; no waiting. Now I'll have to preorder them and buy 6 at a time. What if I only want one? No ability to be spontaneous.

Edited by sellwingri

I guess I'm going against the majority. If I want a Diet Coke, I like to be able to reach in the fridge and get one. I may only have one on the cruise but I like that it's there; no waiting. Now I'll have to preorder them and buy 6 at a time. What if I only want one? No ability to be spontaneous.

It's your option to have diet coke or anything else stored in the mini bar. Just select form the list/inventory. Many paxs on this board have been asking for the bar to be emptied and many times without success.

Just have a couple of cans or 500ml plastic bottles to take in your carry on and keep them in the fridge, I do this every cruise and have never been stopped. I've even bought the odd can in port and been able to take it back to the cabin. Even though we have the package on our upcoming cruise I will still do this as I also like to drink one if I feel like it in the cabin.

Julie

Just pick your Diet Coke up at a bar and put it in your fridge in the event you want it.

Best idea I have heard in years of cruising. Love I don't have to ask to have it emptied or to empty it myself. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have consumed anything from fridge.

Just pick your Diet Coke up at a bar and put it in your fridge in the event you want it.

Best idea I have heard in years of cruising. Love I don't have to ask to have it emptied or to empty it myself. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have consumed anything from fridge.

I usually take one Diet Coke a day. I love, love, love this idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great News!!!

Now they Need to get their Prices in line.

Princess sells 12 500ml bottles of water for $6.90 vs RCI $32:eek::eek::eek:

OK it´s not Evian with Princess, but I was more than happy with it. At 58 Cents a bottle I´m not putting anything in my luggage anymore.