Funniest Complaints Heard While Cruising

runningtide

Just read this in another (current) RC thread:

"It seams that all the Pepper Grinders have been taken off the Dinning Room Tables ... no Pepper Grinders ... Its driving others crazy as RCCL regular Pepper Shakers are useless." :eek:

It's a really sore topic with some of the posters. :D

While it'd never "ruin" my cruise, I do see it as a step down.

Wow. I do not have one for cruising but I have a funny disney one. If you have been to walt disney world you know that they have two safaris. A fake one at magic kingdom and a real one at animal kingdom. The safari at animal kingdom is amazing a must do for any disney vacation. So i am on the real safari one day and a rhino starts peeing. A couple behind me start complaining about how fake it is. I remember to this day she said "oh you can tell thats fake. Thats not how a rhino pees". That rhino was 100% real.

On our first cruise, on the last day, our CD, Graham Seymour, was in the promenade talking with guests. As I waited my turn to speak with him, he asked the gentleman before me if he was enjoying his cruise. The mans reply was 'yes, except I don't like it when the elevator says "Going Down". After he walked away, I told Graham that had to be the first time I ever heard a man complain about that. :D

Erika

Wow. I do not have one for cruising but I have a funny disney one. If you have been to walt disney world you know that they have two safaris. A fake one at magic kingdom and a real one at animal kingdom. The safari at animal kingdom is amazing a must do for any disney vacation. So i am on the real safari one day and a rhino starts peeing. A couple behind me start complaining about how fake it is. I remember to this day she said "oh you can tell thats fake. Thats not how a rhino pees". That rhino was 100% real.

This thread is a never ending source of enlightenment. I never even considered how a rhino pees. Now I'm going to google it!

Once on Indy, while enjoying our suite loungers on the pool deck (first time in a suite), an older woman looked at us shortly after claiming our spot and said "these chairs are reserved for suite guests" I told her I was aware. She asked to see my seapass, so instead of speaking my mind I ignored her. She then left to talk to a pool deck employee who immediately came up to us and asked to see our seapass. I showed him and all was well. He then asked the woman who raised the fuss to check her card also and she said" I left mine in the cabin". The staff member asked her what cabin she was in so he could verify the information. She and her husband left in a huff. I smiled and told her to have a nice day. We never saw them in the suite loungers for the remainder of the cruise.

We were on the Serenade of The Seas, an Alaskan cruise about 10 years ago. Because it was the final cruise of the season, the weather was poor, and a planned visit to the Hubbard Glacier was cancelled due to high seas and poor visibility. It was very disappointing at the time and we visited Tracy Arm instead. One passenger observed during that visit that he had more ice in his freezer !!

During the Captains Q & A on the last day, he recalled that after the Hubbard Glacier cancellation, a passenger went to Customer Services and complained that a meeting he had arranged at the Glacier had to be cancelled and what was RCI going to do about it. The incredulous staff member kept a straight face and asked him to repeat what he had just said. When the passenger was told that the Hubbard Glacier was a huge lump of ice and that the ship sailed close by it with nobody getting off, he muttered that RCI hadnt heard the last of this and stormed off.

Day 1 - with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren. Grandma asks, doesn't he need a nap? "Mom" (you can totally appreciate the tone if you are a Mom!) - "he doesn't take naps".

Day 1 - At Dinner. Our daughter ordered all meals for the grands off the children's menu. As the spaghetti is being served - THUNK (not quiet, but loud). A head had just landed onto a plate.

Day 2 - Having gone our separate ways, mid-afternoon I was asked where Grand3 was. I opened our cabin door to show daughter that Grandpa and Grandson were both sawing logs.

Day 2 - Dinner. Having observed the grands wanting adult food (two had eaten off my dinner plate the first night), I ordered doubles while the daughter ordered from the children's menu. Gave the youngest a spoonful of the 'apple soup' - for some reason the entire dining room had gone quiet when this 'hmmmmmm' sounded. Everyone was looking at our table (we were between decks where the piano used to be). Yes, Grand3 enjoyed that applesauce soup, I got none!

Fond memories! The oldest is joining the Navy and grand3 is in High School.

Judy

Here's one from our good friends over at the NCL board:

"Got an email from NCL today that the itinerary for our cruise on the Sky in 10 days has been changed. We originally had NO days at sea planned. Now we are going to Nassau and Key West and having a day at sea. I understand this is due to the hurricane, something out of their control, but I am seriously disappointed. I feel like Norwegian should do something to make it up to their guests. My husband and I have been on many Norwegian cruises and are loyal to them. This is the first time we are bringing our triplet boys. The whole reason we picked the Sky was because there were NO days at sea. I can't imagine what we will possibly do to keep the kids entertained on the small ship. I called NCL and they said there is nothing they can do. No measly credit, nothing. I understand they cannot open GSC and I understand Freeport is closed, but couldn't we at least do two days in Nassau then or two days in Key West? This may cut our ties with Norwegian unfortunately."

Here's one from our good friends over at the NCL board:

"Got an email from NCL today that the itinerary for our cruise on the Sky in 10 days has been changed. We originally had NO days at sea planned. Now we are going to Nassau and Key West and having a day at sea. I understand this is due to the hurricane, something out of their control, but I am seriously disappointed. I feel like Norwegian should do something to make it up to their guests. My husband and I have been on many Norwegian cruises and are loyal to them. This is the first time we are bringing our triplet boys. The whole reason we picked the Sky was because there were NO days at sea. I can't imagine what we will possibly do to keep the kids entertained on the small ship. I called NCL and they said there is nothing they can do. No measly credit, nothing. I understand they cannot open GSC and I understand Freeport is closed, but couldn't we at least do two days in Nassau then or two days in Key West? This may cut our ties with Norwegian unfortunately."

I am baffled. What about the NCL kids club? :confused:

My husband and i were on one cruise together and we were at the MDR one night. we were seated with one other couple. The woman was quite large (not to be mean), and everynight requested a special menu. She couldn't find anything on the main menu. Everynight she ate a HUGE plate of mash potatoes and gravy. HHMMMM...

My husband and i were on one cruise together and we were at the MDR one night. we were seated with one other couple. The woman was quite large (not to be mean), and everynight requested a special menu. She couldn't find anything on the main menu. Everynight she ate a HUGE plate of mash potatoes and gravy. HHMMMM...

And the problem with that is????:confused::confused::confused:

this is not a funny complaint but a funny comment. When we decided to take our first cruise in 1996 with our two kids, hubby and myself, they were given the choice, 4 day cruise or 7 day myrtle beach. Kids and I said cruise hubby wanted myrtle beach. wasn't quite sure of being out in the water. So day of cruise, hubby still said want to go to myrtle beach? We boarded the ship, hubby was amazed, but while we were waiting for the muster, we were sitting in a lounge area and the song playing was the Titanic. How ironic! It was the Sovereign of the Seas. Love that ship!!! hubby liked so much we booked a 7 day 6 months later

The first time I cruised I was wandering around the main area, stunned by the beauty and overwhelmed and excited, and I overheard a woman complaining about the chill. She was asking a passing staff member if he could turn up the heat. Like, on the whole ship. Mind you she was wearing something sleeveless and it was a very comfortable temperature. I was astounded - it was my first real introduction to the hilarious expectations some people have when they travel ("my comfort and happiness above all else!").

The other example of this was during a beach excursion. The bartender was playing a gorgeous steel drum music selection, and this jabronie was practically cramming a Santana CD down the guys throat to get him to play it. As if you just walk around on vacation carrying a CD because you want everyone to hear it?! And it's Santana?!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We where on Freedom almost 15 years ago. Eating dinner in Chops.

You know how close the tables are. Sitting next to us was a older couple. she received her steak and said it was wrong......I thought really you didn't even cut it. They took it away and brought her another one again she said its not right, its not cooked right. The waiter cut it open and showed her it was a perfect medium rare.

The lady refused and sent it back. 3rd steak came out again, it was wrong, again the waiter cut into it and it looked med rare to me.

On the 4th steak The lady shook her head and said its wrong and I can not eat it. The waiter in a sweet voice said "would you like me to feed it to you."

Our dinner was over by then so we don't know if she ever ate her steak. Her husband had finished his by the 2nd steak.

To this day when ever someone is complaining unrealistically we say "would you like me to feed it to you"

Great story, however Freedom is only 10 years old.

Some of these stories are amusing. But the one we have heard on quite a few different cruises (we have spent more then 3 years on cruise ships) are cruisers who get very angry that "the ship is moving." I know it sounds funny and weird, but we have heard it again and again. Inexperienced cruisers somehow think that the cruise line and Captain owe them some kind of compensation because of rough seas or long swells. DW and I simply want to laugh at these folks...but they are truly serious. And we see it here on CC nearly every day on many different threads. Posters are always asking if their future cruise will have calm seas ("because we cannot tolerate a moving ship") etc. In a similar vein we have heard cruisers demanding some kind of compensation because it rained! Go figure,

Hank

While it'd never "ruin" my cruise, I do see it as a step down.

The pepper mills were removed at the instruction of the US Public Health Service.

They cannot be properly cleaned to avoid cross-contamination after use by those passengers who were raised by wolves.

After 37 years managing cruise ships, my favorite complaint is:

An elderly frequent cruiser wrote me a complaint letter, explaining that if she had known where the ship was going, she never would have booked this cruise.

Edited by BruceMuzz