reposition cruise, no free drink package

jakzak10

Can anyone explain why Celebrity does not offer the free drink package with their reposition cruises. Prices are comparable with other sailings. If not a free drink package, why not offer a discounted package>

Too many sea days to consume lots of alcohol :). They did have a 30% off sale in August and deals have been reported onboard

Can anyone explain why Celebrity does not offer the free drink package with their reposition cruises. Prices are comparable with other sailings. If not a free drink package, why not offer a discounted package>

too many sea days on repositioning cruises......they probably figure they would lose money......prices are usually less than any other sailings too...at least that's what we've found on TA's.....

Most often repositioning cruises offer steep discounts and better pricing than non-repos. In fact, this fall some of the transatlantic repo cruises were priced ridiculously low. Since ships have tp be moved to new itineraries with or w/o pax on board, my guess is whatever revenue they can generate while doing so is a find. They're already giving away the store re lower fares, so freebies and discounted packages are necessarily nixed.

TWO strategies - I've been offered bev pkg choice for repositioning while booking it onboard. Do an inquiry with onboard sales reps for your expected trip.

Buy Sky Suite - should include bev pkg (or at least free drinks at Michael's Club). The higher Sky-ste cabin cost would absorb the $60 pp per day straight bev pkg purchase. HAPPY CRUISING

TWO strategies - I've been offered bev pkg choice for repositioning while booking it onboard. Do an inquiry with onboard sales reps for your expected trip.

Buy Sky Suite - should include bev pkg (or at least free drinks at Michael's Club). The higher Sky-ste cabin cost would absorb the $60 pp per day straight bev pkg purchase. HAPPY CRUISING

Sky suites don't include the drink package on repos. You do get access to Michaels club though

I think the sea days thing is a bit of a cop out. They didn't allow the Summit repo to have free drink packages and it was basically a regular Caribbean sailing in my opinion. Lots of repos that aren't transatlantics still have plenty of port days.

I got lucky and a big TA did give out a free drink package for the repo for a very brief time, so we jumped on it.

No, Sky Suite does not get beverage package, neither does Celebrity Suite....only Royal and above receive that perk.

Yes, Michael's is open to all suite.

Celebrity uses a very loose definition of repositioning when it comes to offering perks. We are booked on a Singapore to Abu Dhabi sailing which is followed by a 12 night r/t Abu Dhabi cruise . Then Abu Dhabi to Singapore and next Singapore to Abu Dhabi. None of the 3 Singapor/ Abu Dhabi or reverse offer any perks.

Their ships, their perks so they can choose when to offer them.

Just off a TA and the bars were dead! The Captains Club Happy Hour was a mob scene at the Sky Lounge, Ensemble and Passport bars but by 7:30 they were empty. By mid-cruise they were offering pay for 6 nights of beverage package get 7th night free. That generated a little more activity at the bars but

not like we normally see on a cruise with the beverage package as a perk.

We love Celebrity, but the bonding of promos like drink packages that we don't want significantly raise the prices on the cruises that we have looked at in the past many months.

We booked a TransAtlantic from Southampton that doesn't bundle prices and the prices are more reasonable considering the cruise that stops in Boston, NYC (overnights) and Bermuda.

Other cruises that we wanted to take like a NZ cruise from Sydney were way too expensive, so we went with Royal Caribbean that was less than half the cost and one day longer. The X cruise included promos that just weren't that valuable to us. Also, we booked a TransPacific cruise on Royal from Sydney to Seattle for a great price.

We like our drinks on cruises, but the elite happy hour cuts down a lot on what we spend on booze. Since elite, we spend about $250 for a two week cruise. Also, we don't buy expensive coffee, bottled water or soda.

I have even considered booking inside cabins on some cruises to avoid the bundling.

We are sailing Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2018. The sailing has 5 sea days and 7 port days and we were able to choose the beverage package as free perk. Not a transatlantic sailing, but certainly repositioning.

That was the same as we saw on Millennium this spring, yet the sailing before that, Sydney to Honolulu was declared repositioning and therefore few perks. I'm okay with that as prices were decent.

What bugs me is the newly declared repositioning cruises, Singapore to AbuDhabi, for instance with an OBC of $100 and that is it. Prices are high too. Nearer final payment time, I plan to ask them to rescind the $100 OBC we got for booking on board, so we can use the shareholder credit.

¿Que?!

Define discount. Good God man, transatlantics and some other repositioning cruises are already inexpensive, as measured against other itineraries.

Would you have everything given away so cheaply as to reduce this product to that of Carnival?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years ago while booking a cruise onboard I asked the Future Sales staff person about why few perks are offered on re-positioning cruises. The answer was that re-positioning cruises are so inexpensive that they don't offer any incentives for booking.

We have eight Celebrity reservations scheduled for 2017. Two are considered re-positioning cruises, and neither of those cruises has any booking perk/incentive.

So that in mind would you consider that buying a drinks package is not worth it on a 9 night cruise with only one sea day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Work out what your average daily consumption is and times it by the cost of the drinks. Then see if it works out more expensive that purchasing a package. Everyone's situation is different. We don't drink much alcohol, but do enjoy the speciality coffees. So in the past, before the included beverage perks, we purchased the non alcoholic package and together with the Elite drinks plus our own 2 bottles of wine it was sufficient. Only you know the amount you usually consume ;).

We have eight Celebrity reservations scheduled for 2017. Two are considered re-positioning cruises, and neither of those cruises has any booking perk/incentive.

They did offer free gratuities if you booked while on a Fall 2015 TA and booked a 2017 TA, but they jacked up the prices to compensate for it.

• 1 year later...

We are elite members and enjoy meeting people when we cruise in a party atmosphere. This is why we have switched to Norweigen because they offer beverage pk on all cruises. Yes they charge the gratuity but the gratuity comes to about two drinks on celebrity. People respond with their feet and walk away when they feel they are not getting a great deal or having fun. If bars are empty because of 10 dollar drinks how do you have party fhn. We hope celebrity will look into this so we can resume sailing with them. At least offer a discount for elite members and eliminate the free happy hour.