SeaPass card lifted at disembarkation on Solstice - ??

QuilterGirl

We save our SeaPass/cruise cards as mementos of each cruise. On our current B2B on the Solstice, security staff kept our SeaPass cards as we disembarked from the first portion of our cruise (to re-embark for the second part). When questioned, security said we could pick up the cards at Guest Relations in a couple days (while on the second part of our cruise).

We asked at Guest Relations a couple days later, and were told the first cruise's cards were going to be sent to rooms for all B2B guests. We were told this twice, by different staffers on different days. Today we asked Guest Relations when we would be receiving them. This person said "I will print you new cards for the first part of your B2B cruise." She did so, but they weren't quite the same. Moreover, it sounds like they either lie about it, or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This latter person stated that cards were always lifted at disembarkation. Now, it has been three years since we last cruised on Celebrity, but the cards weren't lifted then.

Is this a newer policy fleet-wide? A decision left to the ship? A random call by the head of security of each ship? (If they are concerned about re-use of an expired card, they could offer to punch holes over the date or over the bar codes.) Have others experienced this lifting of cards?

Edited by QuilterGirl

They claim they are concerned that you wil give the card to someone else on shore and they will make it onto the ship where the card is scanned

Personally I think it is because the cards and the cabin door locks are coded on a day basis and you could get into your old cabin later on B2B day after others moved in.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

I, too, have experienced this on Back-to-back cruises. My solution now is to be proactive. A few days before the end of cruise one, I go to Guest Relations and have them make me a duplicate card. Sometimes it is an actual duplicate, sometimes it has been a new folio number. Nonetheless, I now have one card to keep and one to give if they insist.

All you have to do is go to guest relations a couple of days before the end of the first leg of your B2B. Tell them you "lost" your Seapass card and they will make another for you on the spot. However, your first Seapass card will be deactivated and you will not be able to use it to gain access to your stateroom. Also, you will not be able to use it to get on or off the ship because it will have a different barcode. How do I know this? I've done it without a problem.

We were on a B2B2B this spring and we got our seapass cards from the first cruise delivered back to our new cabin in an envelope. I really wanted that one as it was a suite (probably the only one we'll ever have) so I wanted the souvenir. I think we have always got ours back without going to GR.

We save our SeaPass/cruise cards as mementos of each cruise. On our current B2B on the Solstice, security staff kept our SeaPass cards as we disembarked from the first portion of our cruise (to re-embark for the second part). When questioned, security said we could pick up the cards at Guest Relations in a couple days (while on the second part of our cruise).

We asked at Guest Relations a couple days later, and were told the first cruise's cards were going to be sent to rooms for all B2B guests. We were told this twice, by different staffers on different days. Today we asked Guest Relations when we would be receiving them. This person said "I will print you new cards for the first part of your B2B cruise." She did so, but they weren't quite the same. Moreover, it sounds like they either lie about it, or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This latter person stated that cards were always lifted at disembarkation. Now, it has been three years since we last cruised on Celebrity, but the cards weren't lifted then.

Is this a newer policy fleet-wide? A decision left to the ship? A random call by the head of security of each ship? (If they are concerned about re-use of an expired card, they could offer to punch holes over the date or over the bar codes.) Have others experienced this lifting of cards?

Never heard of that.

This happened to us on the Infinity last month. Thru the help of the MCC we did finally get them back. We have decided from now on to take a picture of the cards to use as proof of the cruise if they are not returned.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

I am curious -- why would anyone need proof that they had been on a cruise? An alibi? Am I missing something?

I am curious -- why would anyone need proof that they had been on a cruise? An alibi? Am I missing something?

not sure if it would still happen in today's computer environment, but in the past others have reported it was a way to prove they were on a sailing to get missing cruise credits.

After helping my widowed mother downsize I've become somewhat of a minimalist regarding possessions. I don't save our sea pass cards.

But we almost always do B2B, B2B2B and (only one) B2B2B2B cruises. About half the time we do receive our sea pass cards from prior leg(s) back during the next leg without asking, and I promptly throw them away. We do keep a copy of our final statement on each leg to reconcile any credit card charges and also as proof of the cruise. Once the credit card charge clears and our Captain's Club credits appear on our "My Celebrity" accounts that statement is also promptly thrown away.