Spa-disaster on Reflection ..Buyer Beware!

Z3RACERGIRL

Just adding another heads up...

on Infinity they would let you book at a disount for any time you wanted..to get you in. Upon arrival or after the service,, they'd say discount did not apply. .But I always have the seller of the service initial the time, discount and price. They then have no choice but to honor the price.

In my case the person who signed me up actually performed the service and turned red faced when I showed her the initialled card in front of her manager, One couple had their treatment times changed at request of the spa, and after the treatments spa tried to deprive them of the discount as originally booked..Took awhile before management relented. Bad show!

The treatments were very nice but sales and booking seemed a but slippery to me...Always get the service name/description, time, discount and price in writing..

We even spoke with guest relations manager on the ship, who confirmed that there was no one above them at Canyon Ranch Spa. Not sure what would be in their interest not to "make it right".

I hate that anyone else had to deal with Vivian, it took everything in me to remain composed and not get ugly on that last day. Are you planning to contact CR Corporate Headquarters?

Fish Lover, thank you for the insight. I was told by guest relations that there was nothing they could do since CR was under their own contract as well. I just thanked them for trying and went on my way. I didn't know about the Marketing Manager. I'm thinking at this point I will contact CR just to speak to them about Vivian.

I agree that venting here isn't resolving anything but perhaps will keep someone else from having the same experience. I wasn't expecting such a spirited response [emoji846] In retrospect, I shouldn't have said disaster, I should have titled it "Flawed Marketing Plan promoting Persian Garden results in Epic Fail with Spa Manager Vivian's Poor Customer service skills." Wait, is that too many words? [emoji848] I have great empathy for the long hours that most crew endure. The stewards and waiters work their rear off for us and smile and remain positive ALL the time. They set the standard. Vivian should follow their lead.

I would write a letter to Canyon Ranch At Sea and voice your displeasure. Here is the address and phone numbers:

Canyon Ranch At Sea

8600 E. Rockcliff Road, Tucson, AZ 85750

Ph. 520-749-9000

Fax 520-235-8535

Possibly they will be more understanding and refund your money.

Thank you. I will contact them directly.

I usually sale Aqua and have very much enjoyed the heated loungers in the past. Unfortunately my experience on the last couple of cruises is turning me off.

Yes, I am griping about the spa guests who glue themselves to the heated loungers, sleep/snore and pass gas for hours.

Off topic but I feel better. Maybe not as good as the aforementioned, but better:)

Happy Holidays!

DH and I went into the Persian Garden on our one day pass (Elite members) and were very disappointed. The spa is not what we were expecting. We have used the spas on newer NCL ships and those ships have all the amenities of the Persian Garden with the addition of this beautiful area......

Spa_3.jpg

ftdc_nclepic-0703.jpg

spa-vi.jpg

I disagree with you. I am Elite+, earned my status through many enjoyable cruises, and if I want to read my book and take a snooze on a heated lounger - I am going to do it!

If you want the lounger, just arrive earlier.

I agree with you about first come, first served. Until they implement a time limit, I'm going to enjoy my lounger for as long as I want. However, that wasn't for very long, I might add, due to the snorers and the fighting couples, which actually expedited my departure after being there for only 15 minutes. On the second 10-day cruise we never used the spa once, and we were in AQ, and that was due in part to the dispositive previous experience that I mentioned. It almost didn't seem worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I think there should be a comma between "However" & "breaking" in your post.

I stand corrected.

You do have to admit that posts with very long or single paragraphs are difficult to read. More people might read the OP's post if it was broken up into paragraphs.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I agree with you about first come, first served. Until they implement a time limit, I'm going to enjoy my lounger for as long as I want.

There IS a time limit ;)

It is posted on a sign in Persian Garden - some people just don´t care.

Or, they just don´t have their glasses with them in PG :)

DH and I went into the Persian Garden on our one day pass (Elite members) and were very disappointed. The spa is not what we were expecting. We have used the spas on newer NCL ships and those ships have all the amenities of the Persian Garden with the addition of this beautiful area......

Spa_3.jpg

ftdc_nclepic-0703.jpg

spa-vi.jpg

Looks nice..Canyon Ranch spa on QM 2 looked a bit more like this..treatments and service were awesome. Original PG were innovative but on M class need an update..and they should have retained the real T pools like they had on Mercury...

I also think the kept on too many Steiner employees..esp as mgrs....just not the same approach to spa experience...but have enjoyed the treatments so far

So sorry about your bad experience. So, using the beds on the last day would constitute use for 7 days paid?? You're right, an insult. I have found CR staff quite snooty on several cruises, so I never go near them. I really liked Steiner and wish Celebrity had not discontinued their services. BTW, the beds are free for AQ class, if you should ever book it.

I only strolled through two times and most of the beds were occupied both times.

I was Aqua class also so I got it free.

Maybe time to reconstruct and put a few more beds into that area - if possible.

So you wanted a refund because the beds- only 1 part of the Persian Gardens were not available exactly when you wanted them because others were using them - though they seemed to be available every time you went to complain.

Good for the manager! too many businesses are caving to every person who whines and complains for refunds and compensation and those costs get past on to all of us.

I hate that anyone else had to deal with Vivian, it took everything in me to remain composed and not get ugly on that last day. Are you planning to contact CR Corporate Headquarters?

Fish Lover, thank you for the insight. I was told by guest relations that there was nothing they could do since CR was under their own contract as well. I just thanked them for trying and went on my way. I didn't know about the Marketing Manager. I'm thinking at this point I will contact CR just to speak to them about Vivian.

I agree that venting here isn't resolving anything but perhaps will keep someone else from having the same experience. I wasn't expecting such a spirited response [emoji846] In retrospect, I shouldn't have said disaster, I should have titled it "Flawed Marketing Plan promoting Persian Garden results in Epic Fail with Spa Manager Vivian's Poor Customer service skills." Wait, is that too many words? [emoji848] I have great empathy for the long hours that most crew endure. The stewards and waiters work their rear off for us and smile and remain positive ALL the time. They set the standard. Vivian should follow their lead.

You are correct about reading this helping other people not to have the same experience. We will be cruising with X for the first time in May. We've always enjoyed a weekly spa pass on other cruises we've taken. But after reading what the OP posted and the responses, I won't waste my money on a spa pass just to hang around waiting for people who choose to spend hours snoozing and reading on the heated loungers. They can camp there the whole week if they want, we will let them have at it while we enjoy the Solarium pool. Hopefully there will be space for us there. Cheers!

So you wanted a refund because the beds- only 1 part of the Persian Gardens were not available exactly when you wanted them because others were using them - though they seemed to be available every time you went to complain.

Are you suggesting the OP is lying? What do you mean by "exactly when you wanted them"? They are either available or not.

Good for the manager! too many businesses are caving to every person who whines and complains for refunds and compensation and those costs get past on to all of us.

And too many businesses sell stuff knowing they can't fulfill the demand and rely on the number of people complaining to be few in number

Edited by DYKWIA

Are you suggesting the OP is lying? What do you mean by "exactly when you wanted them"? They are either available or not.

And too many businesses sell stuff knowing they can't fulfill the demand and rely on the number of people complaining to be few in number

And too many people join Cruise Critic just to troll.;)

First of all, I sympathize with the OP. We had a similar experience on Silhouette a couple of years ago.

First time in Aqua, so I went down mid morning to try the heated loungers, all were full. Tried later in the day, all were full, including one with the same gentleman who had been there in the morning, still snoring loudly. He was still snoring, the next day when I went to try and use one. After checking for three days to try and get one, I began to realize that the same two people were always there. The snorer and a woman I presume was his wife as she was always in the lounger next to him.

For laughs, I checked one port day, in the middle of the day. Yep, he was still there and all were full. I think that is all he did on the cruise was hang out there.

At one point, as I was waiting for a spa service, I heard two passengers at the desk complaining about having paid for the pass and never being able to get time on one of the loungers. They even referenced the couple that I had noticed. The response was similar the one the OP received. It was sorta of "What are we supposed to do about it. You'll just have to keep trying or wait until one frees up."

My opinion is that they should not sell passes. Between Aqua class passengers and those receiving spa services who are entitled to use it before or after their treatment, the loungers are always full. The technicians and the manager receive no benefit from the Aqua class passengers (meaning no tips), so they have no reason to care what happens. Same thing with those passengers who buy the pass. No tip, so who cares if they can use the service for which they paid.

I have also given up on Canyon Ranch at sea. The services are over priced, the technicians disinterested at best, and the pushing or products is too much.

Seeing your story of the couple, too bad you couldn't sit on the end of his lounger to see how long it took for him to notice! There are clueless people who really don't realize that there are others waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are you supposed to do? How about tap the person on the shoulder, and politely say, "Pardon me, there is a time limit for using the heated loungers. I have been waiting, would you mind letting me use the lounger?"

Has everyone in the world lost the ability to speak with others? It's amazing how people will respond when spoken to with civility.

If there is a posted usage limit...best to ask spa staff to enforce it. We avoid isues with other passengers... as this thread revealed, some feel quite entitled!

On one of our cruises, the age skewed quite older ( & we are seniors ourselves) but the solarium lounger area was more like the dayroom at our aunt's assisted living,,,,,,,the snoring was ridiculous! Not much you can do but find another space to enjoy...Also hate when yakkers invade the Relaxation Room...

Edited by hcat

There IS a time limit ;)

It is posted on a sign in Persian Garden - some people just don´t care.

Or, they just don´t have their glasses with them in PG :)

Well, in my case it wasn't really necessary due to the snorers and the couples who bickered. At other times when I actually could enjoy them, the loungers weren't full anyway I never saw any signed in the Equinox back in 2013 and 2014. Maybe the time limit signs are on the Reflection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me