why are the lifeboats hosed off

luckyinpa

Possibly although there are not many CC members compared to all passengers cruising.

The OP posted "in the middle of the night. couldn't figure out where the weird noise was coming from then looked down and saw someone hosing off lifeboats",.

Therefore, I took it as some people may have woken up, I am a light sleeper and wake up when someone comes down the corridor in the middle of the night let alone a weird noise.

The OP posted that they were "on the balcony" and not woken up by the noise. Trust me. If people were bothered by this you would have read about it on here. Also, first time posters often are complainers or fake.:D

I meant that it is strange that they would make all the noise in the middle of the night. Normally they clean them in the morning and cordon off a small section of the promenade at a time.

While I've noticed it a couple of times, i don't recal it is having been particularly noisy. As the ship is usually underway at night, there is always the background noise of a moving ship which would drown out the noise of washing down a lifeboat unless you were in the immediate area.

While I've noticed it a couple of times, i don't recal it is having been particularly noisy. As the ship is usually underway at night, there is always the background noise of a moving ship which would drown out the noise of washing down a lifeboat unless you were in the immediate area.

Perhaps not but the OP said it was a weird noise, so certainly not the usual sound of water on the side of the ship splashing and sloshing when cruising.

The OP was the one who heard it, not me. However, I normally have the balcony door cloed when I am inside the cabjn.

The OP was on the balcony so I don't get the noise issue as they were up and on the balcony. No one complained of the noise waking them up they just wondered why the lifeboats were being hosed off.

was on NCL last week and we were out on the balcony in the middle of the night. couldnt figure out where the weird noise was coming from then looked down and saw someone hosing off lifeboats

doesnt rain do the same thing?

Sea monsters have very poor night vision. Since they have to rely on their sense of smell, it confuses the heck out of them when they can't smell the salt spray that clings to the ship. So, for the safety of the crew and passengers, the ship and the lifeboats get hosed off during the night. :D

Sea monsters have very poor night vision. Since they have to rely on their sense of smell, it confuses the heck out of them when they can't smell the salt spray that clings to the ship. So, for the safety of the crew and passengers, the ship and the lifeboats get hosed off during the night. :D

Your observation is spot on. Also if the ship you are Cruising on has saltwater pools you should shower as soon as you get out of the pool for the same reason you mentioned. ;o)

Your observation is spot on. Also if the ship you are Cruising on has saltwater pools you should shower as soon as you get out of the pool for the same reason you mentioned. ;o)

But does that work when they release the Kraken?:eek:

Edited by Doug R.

The OP was on the balcony so I don't get the noise issue as they were up and on the balcony. No one complained of the noise waking them up they just wondered why the lifeboats were being hosed off.

I know, I just said that if it was a weird noise it may wake up someone.:D

But does that work when they release the Kraken?:eek:
The Kraken wouldn't care if the life boats were clean or not. The passengers however, wouldn't want to get all salty when climbing into the life boats when the ship is sinking as that may attract the other mesa monsters.

while we are on topic of the middle of the night, i noticed above my deck 13 perch that there was occasional mist

was this from the smokestack, the water from the lifeboats, hosing off spice?

or very low fog

Probably spray from power washing the pool deck.