Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

First, I want to thank all of you for listening.........seems things continue to change:eek:.........ok, now my kidney number

has gone back up:mad: while my glucose has gone down:)........my Doc really wants me to see a Nephrologist........:rolleyes:......

UNBELIEVABLE..........:eek:

L, missed your post during the cut and thrust of piccygate.

Try to stop fretting about all this .... you are having it sorted and it will be. Be a patient patient. Get some nice distractions going. Plan a virtual trip to Europe or the UK.

:)

Cam: It is truly inspiring to see how many folks with roots in PR, including entertainers, politicians, and others stepping up to help and get emergency supplies delivered........Even the Mexican Govt. and the Canadian Military are involved. My poor friend still has little cell service with her family. I hope you are having better luck.

Penny

Thanks Penny, conditions are improving very, very slowly, and most of the population is still hurting. Our family and friends are coping, and are anxious to find out the extent of US help that will be approved. A big embrace to Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, and other nations that are generously helping, especially with infrastructure work. When Irma struck and devastated the smaller islands, the boat and yacht owners in PR met to form what they called the Puerto Rican Navy, and brought more than 2,000 refugees to PR, which was not hit as hard. Those poor souls then suffered Maria with our people, and should be among the first to receive all sorts of aid, even if they are not US citizens. Hope it all works out.

Greetings Coolers! Misty grey day here! Leaves are slowly changing but they are definitely late with their vibrant colours.

Z......thanks for the Thought For The Day. I like to smile first go in the morning! :)

Cam.....hopefully things will continue to improve for all in PR. And kudos to all who are working to improve the situation!

Enjoy the day all!

Bummed out today. As I had mentioned in an earlier post our best friends and cruising partners were booked with us on the Spirit for the upcoming Rome to Dubai cruise. Their daughter is still going through intense chemotherapy for leukemia with the goal to get her into remission so they can do a bone marrow transplant. While she’s progressing it seems to be slower than hoped or expected so on the present timeline she’ll won’t be ready for the transplant until mid to late November which is time of the cruise. It was with great but understandable sadness that our friends dropped out of the cruise late yesterday. :(

Edited by Randyk47

Bummed out today. As I had mentioned in an earlier post our best friends and cruising partners were booked with us on the Spirit for the upcoming Rome to Dubai cruise. Their daughter is still going through intense chemotherapy for leukemia with the goal to get her into remission so they can do a bone marrow transplant. While she’s progressing it seems to be slower than hoped or expected so on the present timeline she’ll won’t be ready for the transplant until mid to late November which is time of the cruise. It was with great but understandable sadness that our friends dropped out of the cruise late yesterday. :(

Hi Randy, so sorry about your friend's daughter........:(........makes me put all my issues in perspective.........my cancer

is not terminal........but for the Grace Of God.........

PLEASE send her my best thoughts and good wishes.

G'Day All from a dull and grey Wales...so much like Canada M!!

Chin up Lois....JP is right with the Dr's.....they seem to be hell bent on finding more things wrong with us than they need to.....which is why l rarely go....although I've decided to have the flu shot this year which as some older coolers will remember was a bone of contention with me last fall!

Randy.....sad news for you ...just hope your friends daughter improves for the transplant....there will be another cruise when she's better.

Thoughts still with those affected by the storm and quakes.....

Lovely quote of the day from Peter....

Spins.....hope the new excitement is building for you as the final countdown is on!

Jeff will recall me having dire problems with posting pics and l still haven't cracked it....grrr.....wish CC would make it easier like FB....where pic jumps from folder to forum....can't see why it has to be so complicated!

Been a funny day.....slept all night then woke up at six to let furry baby out.....went back to sleep until nine thirty...then slept on the sofa again until an hour ago....jeez!! Must be all the travels catching up with me l guess and the hell that was Venice airport last week!!

Oh to win the lottery so l can buy a private jet......all coolers welcome if l do!!

Oh and Jeffers....stop pinching our lamb chops!! 😉

Happy Weekend 😊

Miss S...totally agree with the ease of FB photo posting! Wish CC would consider that method!

And another car jumps curb in London and hits pedestrians.........

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-car-mounts-pavement-injuries-1.4345335

And an interesting article about the distinction between mass murder and terrorism......

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mass-murder-vs-terrorism-1.4344766

Peter, we need another smile right about now, please!

Thanks MLeh! I feel like the bug today. But now a smiling bug! :)

And I will "raise you" ten with a joke from years and years ago.....What's the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when he hits a windshield?........His ass! :)

Or how about:

An Irishman walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder and orders a beer. The barman brings his beer, looks at the parrot on the mans shoulder and says "That's really neat, where did you get it?"

"Dublin" says the parrot, "There's hundreds of them over there"

Peter

Hi Randy, so sorry about your friend's daughter........:(........makes me put all my issues in perspective.........my cancer

is not terminal........but for the Grace Of God.........

PLEASE send her my best thoughts and good wishes.

Hi, Lois...

Just happened upon this post this morning and have sent you an e-mail...

Best regards, Mike

Light mood on the Cooler today. Lots of funny stuff!

Rounds in ICU weren't too bad so I was home early. Not all good news though, because that meant that I had to help Chris mop the floor! Should have stayed at work... :D

An internist, radiologist, surgeon, and pathologist went out bird hunting. A bird flew over and the internist took aim, but didn't fire..."Well, it might be a duck, but I need to run some more tests..." The next bird flew over, and the radiologist took aim but didn't fire..."Gosh, it sure looks like a duck but I think I need another view..." The third bird flew over and the surgeon immediately shot it, then turned to the pathologist and asked, "What kind of bird did I just shoot?"

Off to see if we can get a run in before dinner. It is humid and near 80 degrees out. Yuck!

Randy, best of luck and positive thoughts to your friends. We all know that they'd much rather be with you. Bone marrow transplant has come a long way since I was an intern so here's hoping that all goes well.

Sad news. does "bummed out" mean you cancelled?

Hi, Lois...

Best regards, Mike

Hi Mike,

May I welcome you to the Cooler!

I can see that you are an enthusastic cruiser and it is a core part of your year. if so inclined I'd love to hear more about your experiences and why you do it, what you love, not love etc etc. You have a lot of experiences etc you might share that I think would be interesting to others.

Hi, Lois...

Best regards, Mike

Hi Mike:)....so good to see you. Got your email and will reply back later. You are welcome here anytime