Will The Muse have specialty restaurants only,and no MDR?

tripperva

I don't know about sneakers that is pushing the envelope. Management people are wearing open collared shirts with a sports jacket sans tie and leather shoes or shall I say proper foot wear.

I went to a real estate closing a couple of weeks ago with two attorneys present me the buyer and the sellers and they were very preppy looking and nicely dressed no tie.

Cheers,

Miles

Jeff, you'll find this funny, I wore a suit for forty one years ..........

I do find it hilarious ....... the longest I ever kept a T shirt on was from Friday to Monday morning in the old days at Middle Earth at The Round House at Belsize Park. So wearing a suit for forty one years shows a tremendous commitment to continuity of formality that surpasses mine in informality.

How did you shower?

I do find it hilarious ....... the longest I ever kept a T shirt on was from Friday to Monday morning in the old days at Middle Earth at The Round House at Belsize Park. So wearing a suit for forty one years shows a tremendous commitment to continuity of formality that surpasses mine in informality.

How did you shower?

I will take a guess his birthday suit.

Miles

Worst.

Unless I am getting forgetful (which is probable) "he" is a "she" - and is a talented cook who is married to a well respected and talented composer and musician. We have an extremely high level of entrance criteria for cooler membership these days. I'm surprised I haven't been booted out. ;)

I'm having a sign made up for the front door saying "No Riff-Raff".

I don't mind wearing a sports jacket and a collared shirt and nice slacks but I refuse to wear a tie anymore. All the other luxury lines have BTO and casual not three dress codes. If they drop the required tie on formal we may consider coming back to SS and not until then. The current dress code is draconian. The newer younger luxury cruisers will not go for it. The current older clientele will age out for sure we all will. Just because you wear a tux does not make you any better or classier.

Miles

I bet you won't have to wear a tie on a formal night especially when one considers the owner, and head of the Miami office didn't, on the recent shakedown cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you won't have to wear a tie on a formal night especially when one considers the owner, and head of the Miami office didn't, on the recent shakedown cruise.

I thought there are no formal nights on Muse, just formal restaurants?

+1 Jeff. My banker does not wear a tie and he is in charge of Private Banking. Corporations are relaxing dress codes. Look at Google nobody wears a tie. Those days are going buh bye. I have a collection of ties that I will no longer wear.

Miles

I deplore the lack of suitable neck wear these days, how on earth can I get last minute- whoops I forgot- panic presents for the chaps in my life, now that they generally don't wear ties? Very selfish I call it.....

Rp

I deplore the lack of suitable neck wear these days, how on earth can I get last minute- whoops I forgot- panic presents for the chaps in my life, now that they generally don't wear ties? Very selfish I call it.....

Rp

Not sure what this post is supposed to be saying, Am I missing something?

The poster is bemoaning the fact one can no longer give a tie as a last-minute gift, because no one wears ties anymore. I can see his/her point. I used to love to shop for lovely silk ties for my husband.

This is similar to giving a crock pot or a fondue gift to a newly wed. Nobody does that..I hope. So 60's.

Miles

Rp

rosepark, your comment gave me a good laugh...........especially the "Very selfish I call it..........":')

Julie

The poster is bemoaning the fact one can no longer give a tie as a last-minute gift, because no one wears ties anymore. I can see his/her point. I used to love to shop for lovely silk ties for my husband.
As someone who rarely has the opportunity to wear a tie, I can think of no more thoughtful gift than receiving a well made, high quality, silk tie.

Following our cruise on the Muse, I have passed on some further suggestions to SS concerning evening dining.

There was a solo travellers get together held in the Panorama Lounge. For Cruisin’ Pashmina and other solos, I suggested that,depending on the number of solos on a particular sailing, one or two tables in a couple of the larger indoor dining venues be held open for solo travellers. These tables should only be bookable by a solo for him/herself and not for anyone else. If two or more solos wish to dine together, then they should make reservations like other passengers.

I consider that the restaurants used for Indochine and Atlantide should be exchanged because the latter is far more popular, yet has a capacity of 140, whereas that of Indochine is 180. Atlantide’s greater popularity, by virtue of being a steak and fish restaurant over one serving speciality food, was obvious, and a serious error by SS.

I consider that the Bar on the Spirit is too small and has the atmosphere of a corridor for those in the middle, or an outer-office pre-interview space, for seats near the Reception and Tours desks.

SS took on board feedback over the years to address the Bar’s shortcomings on the Muse by creating the approximately 500-seat Dolce Vita bar on Deck 5. It is a beautiful venue but never has more than a handful of people in it. This is because diners have naturally gravitated to the small bar in the Atlantide restaurant for a pre-dinner cocktail instead. I have seen this preference on other ships and perplexed why SS has allocated so much space to Dolce Vita, whose main purpose seems to be as the passenger muster station forthe embarkation day mandatory safety briefing.

The Panorama Lounge has often been an under-used venue, unless an event has been staged there. On the Muse, it is very big but the furniture comprises almost entirely of four-seat café-style tables and chairs, which make it look and feel like a café and not a lounge. I predict the furniture will be softened by the substitution of chairs or benches more akin to those in the equivalent lounges on other SS ships.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

I didn't see the word gift anywhere so missed that.

Following our cruise on the Muse, I have passed on some further suggestions to SS concerning evening dining.

There was a solo travellers get together held in the Panorama Lounge. For Cruisin’ Pashmina and other solos, I suggested that,depending on the number of solos on a particular sailing, one or two tables in a couple of the larger indoor dining venues be held open for solo travellers. These tables should only be bookable by a solo for him/herself and not for anyone else. If two or more solos wish to dine together, then they should make reservations like other passengers.

I consider that the restaurants used for Indochine and Atlantide should be exchanged because the latter is far more popular, yet has a capacity of 140, whereas that of Indochine is 180. Atlantide’s greater popularity, by virtue of being a steak and fish restaurant over one serving speciality food, was obvious, and a serious error by SS.

I consider that the Bar on the Spirit is too small and has the atmosphere of a corridor for those in the middle, or an outer-office pre-interview space, for seats near the Reception and Tours desks.

SS took on board feedback over the years to address the Bar’s shortcomings on the Muse by creating the approximately 500-seat Dolce Vita bar on Deck 5. It is a beautiful venue but never has more than a handful of people in it. This is because diners have naturally gravitated to the small bar in the Atlantide restaurant for a pre-dinner cocktail instead. I have seen this preference on other ships and perplexed why SS has allocated so much space to Dolce Vita, whose main purpose seems to be as the passenger muster station forthe embarkation day mandatory safety briefing.

The Panorama Lounge has often been an under-used venue, unless an event has been staged there. On the Muse, it is very big but the furniture comprises almost entirely of four-seat café-style tables and chairs, which make it look and feel like a café and not a lounge. I predict the furniture will be softened by the substitution of chairs or benches more akin to those in the equivalent lounges on other SS ships.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hopefully they do listen to the voices of their travelling passengers. When you had posted details on the capacities of each restaurant, I have to admit that it did seem odd for the Asian one to have a larger capacity to La Terrazza and Atlantide - or which the latter does sound more like the direct replacement on the MDR. Not something they could do anytime soon I suspect.

The Solo passenger suggestions though, they would be foolish to ignore and hopefully take that on board pronto. It definitely is a flaw or oversight.

As the sea days mount up, it will be interesting to see how the change of dress code to being restaurant instead of day specific pans out and how opinions and attitudes change on how smoothly or otherwise it goes. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing and will go with the flow. I might have a view on how much nicer it is when people generally conform to the dress code suggested, but I'm not too bothered either way in reality if people don't (and certainly not angry) as one poster suggested.

On the bar situation, it does sound like its not been thought through very well. A venue for 500 isn't very appealing if only 30 are in it!.... Conversely a venue for 30 with 100 in cant be much fun either. Will be checking out the Spirit bar next April to see what you are saying on that corridor effect!