AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

22 hours ago, Yehootu said:

So here's my story: 

On the 15th, I "tried" to buy 5 Princess $500 cards for $2250. Error message said 3rd party problem, no red banner about cart being bad.

From 15th to 19th, I tried phone, changing browser, Daughters laptop etc.....

On the 2oth I opened my credit card to see a $20,000.00 balance owed.....WT???

Called AARP, sorry call your credit card company

So Barclays tells me all disapproved and will drop off

NOT SO FAST!!!!!!!

Later on 20th I see I'm now sitting on a $15,000 credit. Seems AARP refunded 16 cards instead of 8, oh well figure they'll find out and fix.

NOPE

They reversed and I'm still owing $20,000

Call Barclays, sorry you need to go back to AARP

Now it's pushed up to resolution desk and check back in 2-3 business days if you don't hear from us.

The only way to get the cards is through the Cart so if you need Princess cards this month to BAD.

That's crazy. It kind of seems like it was processing your order each time you tried it, racking up tens of thousands of dollars, but on your end you only saw errors. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I noticed that, too. I'm trying to make a habit of logging in more and now they take away our chance. 😝

It isn't even like we won very often, but we knew we had a chance!!  Luckily yesterday I remembered to do the Match Game!  That was 500 points!  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

That's crazy. It kind of seems like it was processing your order each time you tried it, racking up tens of thousands of dollars, but on your end you only saw errors. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

A similar thing happened to me on the AARP website a few weeks ago.  I tried to buy a $500 GC, got an error message with no confirmation, but then the charge rolled through to my credit card.  I got it fixed in the sense that between Chase (my credit card issuer) and AARP they refunded me twice . . . .and that over refund still hasn't been reversed!!  Lol.  Based on multiple anecdotes posted on this forum and the AARP forum, it appears that the number of these purchase errors got out of hand, and that has caused AARP to shut down their Rewards website until they can get them all straightened out.  Given that AARP has yet to reverse their over refund to me, I am thinking they are no where near straightening this out!

I’m feeling completely technology illiterate here. I have done the sign up. I downloaded the app, signed in, gave permission and it’s stuck and has been for days at the page to continue after giving permission. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Nothing is working. I’m about to give up. 

Any suggestions? 

14 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

I’m feeling completely technology illiterate here. I have done the sign up. I downloaded the app, signed in, gave permission and it’s stuck and has been for days at the page to continue after giving permission. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Nothing is working. I’m about to give up. 

Any suggestions? 

Momof3,

I don't have the phone number, but there is a phone number you can call and they have help desk people who will help with the glitches.  Years ago I had trouble and they really helped me complete it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Signed in this morning to grab some e-cards for our sailing Saturday. Since I was there, I spun and I WON! $15 Chipotle gift card. Guac on me! 😆

Nice!

Enjoy your cruise!

They seem to have a new crossword puzzle out.  You don't win $ or points, but it seems that they donate money for each time it is played.  

Edited by tw67
added to it
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:15 PM, momof3cruisers said:

Any suggestions? 

If you don't have an Allstate policy, you have to create your Rewards account from the app first. Did you do that? If not, you'll have to call their customer service, have them delete the account, then create one from the app. After that, you can enter promo codes from the app or by using this link: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

This is the Allstate Rewards customer service number: 1-800-642-2609

• Like 1

My son leaves for Air Force boot camp in a couple days, so we've been spending as much time as we can, doing his favorite things, etc. It's going to be a huge adjustment, both for him and us. I know countless parents go through it, but it's an unnerving thought to be this close to not having him around. So proud of him for choosing this path, though. It's the same path I took a long, long time ago, so I've been giving him pointers and advice to help prepare him for what's to come.

• Like 4