AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

20 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Does anyone in NYC have issues with this app- seems something changed and now cannot participate. 

Sorry to say you are out of luck in NY. Allstate rewards is not available in NY. Probably too much government regulation. Click on image to enlarge.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 1.27.47 PM.png

Edited by n6uqqq

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

Sorry to say you are out of luck in NY. Allstate rewards is not available in NY. Probably too much government regulation. Click on image to enlarge.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 1.27.47 PM.png

High taxes and no 10% at carnival! Life is rough. 

9 hours ago, Stick93 said:

High taxes and no 10% at carnival! Life is rough. 

For 12 dollars a year AARP is a great alternative to get your 10 percent off. I have both options now because sometimes Allstate runs out of cards. I buy entire cruises with gift cards so that was a no brainer to add AARP.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, n6uqqq said:

At this point the games are a waste of time for me. I have 600k points and now AARP as an alternative

On 7/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, tw67 said:

I have no idea what I am going to do with all my points, but I feel the need to collect more!

Same here. At the rate we cruise, I have enough points right now to last us 15-20 years. And until the policy changes, we can't cruise now anyway, so they just keep building. When the time comes, I think I'll just share the points/discount with people who go with us. We've already done that a couple times with our son's friends, but heck, I have more than enough to share with an entire family.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 6:54 PM, Joe817 said:

Well, it looks like Allstate no longer offers the hard plastic gift cards....only e-gift cards. That's kind of disappointing to me. But oh, well. As long as e-gift cards work, I'm ok with that. 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:49 AM, lennythenose said:

Advantage? Probably not, but personal preference, for me yes.

There's pros & cons to each, in my opinion. But like lennythenose said, it comes down to personal preference. I prefer the physical cards. Just something about having them in hand (not a paper printout) that makes me more comfortable. The card data imprinted on that card feels safe, as opposed to an e-card floating around on a server somewhere. I have a couple e-cards sent to me in March from a cancellation, and every time I check them, there's a part of me that's a bit paranoid I'm going to see a zero balance because of a glitch or something. 😆 I know it's not likely to happen, but still.

On the other hand, bypassing that shipping fee and instant delivery is a huge pro for e-cards. That and from what I've been seeing from several other people, it seems as if they've finally got the kiosks on all (most?) ships to accept the e-cards. I've never got them to work in the past, so that's a big deal and makes it much easier.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, sarmat1 said:

Been a while since I bought from AARP.  Are the AARP  ones now e-gift cards?  And if so, do they come instantaneously?  As in if I buy one now, will I be able to use on our cruise tomorrow?

Ever since they revamped their rewards program, you now have to be an AARP member to buy Carnival cards, but you do not need to accrue points. The discount is automatically applies as a member.

I agree with n6uqqq in that, even with a paid membership, it's still a good deal. We also use the membership for hotel and rental car discounts. The savings on those 2 things more than pays for our  membership. Plus they have a lot more benefits, and you don't have to be 50 yrs. old anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

The card data imprinted on that (physical) card feels safe, as opposed to an e-card floating around on a server somewhere.

I don’t know whether physical cards or ecards are more secure . . . or perhaps equally secure.    I am quite sure, however,  that the card numbers and pins for all Carnival gift cards -- both ecards and physical cards --  are all “floating around on a server somewhere.”  Otherwise, you couldn’t use the gift card remotely, such as to purchase your fare over the internet or by feeding the number and pin to an agent over the phone. 

Of course, personal preference will ultimately determine whether you use egift cards or physical cards.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 10:59 PM, Stick93 said:

App is not working for me. Keeps telling me to download app and I am on the app - anyone else having an issue 

I've had the same issue for about a week.  Finally this morning it started texting me codes for verification when I tried to login, but it still wound up with one of about three errors.  Then I tried one more time this afternoon and it finally let me buy 3 e-cards.  I don't think their system is very stable, at least not for me.  I might have to suck it up and join AARP if this keeps up.

Once I delete the mobile APP off my phone I can't login in.  I have to reinstall it and wait from about a couple of days to a week before it lets me login in on my computer again.

Thanks to all who post the codes for points, it really helps!!! 👍

33 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

M not adding much to this conversation but I get an Allstate e-gift card for every cruise for $1000. Where else can you get cash at a 10% discount?  

If I wasn’t retired, I’d do $1050. 

I totally agree.  I pay for everything thing that I can for the cruise with the gift card.  That is a 10% discount for the cruise.  Each excursion or specialty dining I am then getting a 10% discount.   Typically I do not book excursions through the cruise ship, but when I do I am paying for it with a gift card!!  

On 7/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, ober134 said:

Allstate gift cards appear to be back in stock today

Just a heads up. The regular cards now cost $1.75 per card to ship. That is eating into the savings of buying them quite a bit if you buy the 100 dollar card.

• Like 4

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Beat me to it. I couldn’t find the post. 😆

It took me awhile to find it!

Btw...the spin game is not kind to me!  I did remember to sign on yesterday and do the matching game, so I got my 500 points for it!

• Like 1