AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

12 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

The only way I was able to finally buy some AARP cards was getting on my phone (not my computer) and paying for them through paypal.  The AARP website always says I have incorrect address information BUT my address information is the same on all credit cards and with AARP.  I have lived in the same house since 2008. (I do have a lake house we lived in briefly, but none of my bills were sent there and it isn't listed with aarp.)

I'm glad you were able to get them for your upcoming cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Happy March!  Spin Game is back!  I didn't win, and it only gives you two chances.  I really remember it giving 3 before....hmmm..

But I did a quick look and no Carnival cards yet.  

Inflation strikes allstate with reduced spins 🤣 the bright side is I can only lose twice in a row now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Pac Man is updated also.  It's no longer cruise themed (Mardi Gras now I guess?, though a little late).  You have to win 3 levels, instead of 2, so it's a bit harder to get your 100 points. And, they limit you to 5 games per day.

I noticed yesterday that the matching game was still football themed, so I am sure by next week it will have the new theme.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:44 PM, Eli_6 said:

I need to go ahead and book some excursions for upcoming cruises before they either sell out or go up in price (as many of the other excursions already have) and I REALLY wanted to use gift cards since basically for all of the ones I will be purchasing, it is going to be over 1k...so basically like a $100 savings or more.  Well, so I once again tried the AARP website (since we are memebrs) and, once again, it didn't work.  I tried again.  Finally called AARP and all I got was someone was someone trying to sell me a medic alert bracelet/device. I tried to tell them I am 42 and don't need a medic alert device and they continued to talk over the top of me. Finally hung up.  Tried the website again. Still won't work. Even the paypal link won't work.  So, I guess I will just suck it up and pay full-price with a credit card. 

You get a 10% statement credit if you book excursions with Carnival Mastercard (Barclay)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lubedobedo said:

You get a 10% statement credit if you book excursions with Carnival Mastercard (Barclay)

That's a good deal, but unfortunately I don't have that card.  Both my husband and I have a Chase United and a Chase British Airways to collect miles for flying. I live in Houston which is a hub for United so I fly United for most of my non-Europe flights and I fly BA for most of my Europe flights because there are two direct flights a day from IAH to LHR...and from LHR, I can get pretty much anywhere.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 10:44 AM, Eli_6 said:

.  Finally called AARP and all I got was someone was someone trying to sell me a medic alert bracelet/device. I tried to tell them I am 42 and don't need a medic alert device and they continued to talk over the top of me. Finally hung up.  

That is weird that you got someone trying to sell you something.  AARP Rewards has a direct number:  (866) 451-6305.  Not sure that number would be helpful for you, but last time we called that number we were talking to a live person within about a minute or so.  And that alone surprised me.

I keep waiting to hear from Allstate Rewards that I won the Carnival Cruise that was the sweepstakes last month, but surprisingly no email yet....lol...

If someone here won, please come back to tell us.  Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever won anything really big?  I don't usually put in for the sweepstakes, but thought I would for the cruise.  I figure my chances of winning aren't great, so I usually don't bother.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I keep waiting to hear from Allstate Rewards that I won the Carnival Cruise that was the sweepstakes last month, but surprisingly no email yet....lol...

If someone here won, please come back to tell us.  Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever won anything really big?  I don't usually put in for the sweepstakes, but thought I would for the cruise.  I figure my chances of winning aren't great, so I usually don't bother.  

Me too!  I entered everyday using the 50 points I get for signing in.  😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

Not through Allstate, but I once won a trip to see Disney on Ice in DC, and we lived in AZ at the time.  Trip included r/t airfare, hotel in DC for 3 nights (very expensive hotel a couple blocks from the white house), transfers from airport to hotel, and hotel to the show, and great seats to the show.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Not through Allstate, but I once won a trip to see Disney on Ice in DC, and we lived in AZ at the time.  Trip included r/t airfare, hotel in DC for 3 nights (very expensive hotel a couple blocks from the white house), transfers from airport to hotel, and hotel to the show, and great seats to the show.   

Nice!!👍

If I purchase a Carnival gift card thru AARP (comes as a email, not a physical card), do I just go and put that card number on my account. I have multiple trips booked, and I am stocking up now for my cruise in 2025 (gonna be an expensive one). Can I use the money to book excursions at a later date?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OneAnnM19608 said:

If I purchase a Carnival gift card thru AARP (comes as a email, not a physical card), do I just go and put that card number on my account. I have multiple trips booked, and I am stocking up now for my cruise in 2025 (gonna be an expensive one). Can I use the money to book excursions at a later date?

You can apply the gift cards to an outstanding balance now and pre-purchase excursions, specialty dining, etc now. 
You can also hang on to the cards and use them later - they don’t expire.

Just don’t do some crazy thing like use the gift card to buy non-refundable cruise cash.

Edited by crooooze

15 minutes ago, crooooze said:

Just don’t do some crazy thing like use the gift card to buy non-refundable cruise cash.

I buy the cruise cash, but not more than I am going to use. This way once on the ship I don’t have to worry about them.  I take the cash out in the slot machine, and my husband will then use it at the tables.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneAnnM19608 said:

Yes.

10 hours ago, OneAnnM19608 said:

There is no way to just load it to your account, you are going to have to do a transaction of some sort. The only way to load to your account is to buy cruise cash and the limit is 500 per room and  non refundable. Cruise cash is for use when you are onboard. To book excursions at a later date it would be best to leave the money on the gift card, or better yet, buy the gift cards when you want to purchase the excursions.