AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

I tell you it's a poorly written app to give me a message indicating the problem was one thing when in fact more than likely someone else already had the user ID I wanted. I wasted a lot of time. Anywho, I had to enter my cell number as well instead of my landline, didn't like that either. I plan to uninstall the app once I've racked up the needed reward points.
Just to give you an idea, I joined their rewards two months ago and have 26,500 points. That's without letting the app track me and also without having used any of them yet. The cards we have bought came from AARP. But I'm going to start getting them from here to switch to e-cards. I was going to let it do the initial tracking to get the 10,000 pts., but haven't really needed it yet. Those points came just from the sign up points and promo codes. Most, if not all, of them have been posted in this thread. Their promo codes don't come nearly as often as AARP, but are always worth 1,000 pts., as opposed to AARP's 150.

I wonder why they don't accept landlines? :confused: We have VOIP at home, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I could use some advice on how to rack up points. I downloaded the app, but haven't seen many points being posted. I seem to get a few hundred every time I log in, but they don't add up quickly. I did get several thousand from an above post with all those promo codes (thanks). I have about 2 months before final payment is due, so time is not critical yet. I'm also buying AARP cards, but I prefer the ecards.

Thanks for any advice. Jerry

I could use some advice on how to rack up points. I downloaded the app, but haven't seen many points being posted. I seem to get a few hundred every time I log in, but they don't add up quickly. I did get several thousand from an above post with all those promo codes (thanks). I have about 2 months before final payment is due, so time is not critical yet. I'm also buying AARP cards, but I prefer the ecards.

Have you typed in the promo codes listed in this thread? I have 40,000 points and 28,000 were just from entering those codes.

If you go to settings on the app and turn off standby mode, and let it track you for a few trips a day for a couple of days, it should give you 10000 points.

It could be a trip to the store or the next red light. The app doesn't need to track you all day. A few short trips over a day or to should do the trick. The reason I was concerned is because I have limited data.

If you go to settings on the app and turn off standby mode, and let it track you for a few trips a day for a couple of days, it should give you 10000 points.

It could be a trip to the store or the next red light. The app doesn't need to track you all day. A few short trips over a day or to should do the trick. The reason I was concerned is because I have limited data.

My stand by is off but it doesnt track me any advise what might be the problem ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You get points for logging in? That's odd, I've never gotten that. I know AARP gives 50 pts. for logging in daily, but I've never gotten anything like that from Allstate.

There's not much more you can do besides wait for more promo codes or let the Drivewise app track your driving. It gives you points after so many trips if you don't drive over 80 mph or do any hard braking.

My stand by is off but it doesnt track me any advise what might be the problem ?
I agree with lasnev. Make sure your Location Services is turned on for the app. Do you have an iPhone or Android?

You get points for logging in? That's odd, I've never gotten that. I know AARP gives 50 pts. for logging in daily, but I've never gotten anything like that from Allstate.

There's not much more you can do besides wait for more promo codes or let the Drivewise app track your driving. It gives you points after so many trips if you don't drive over 80 mph or do any hard braking.

I agree with lasnev. Make sure your Location Services is turned on for the app. Do you have an iPhone or Android?

Android, my location is on but its not showing drivewise as using it. Is it a setting im missing in the Dw app ?

I have an iPhone....don't know much about android. But I think you have to allow it in your phone security/privacy settings. Location service might not be enough, you probably need to go in deeper into app permissions/location permissions and look for the Drivewise app.

I have an iPhone....don't know much about android. But I think you have to allow it in your phone security/privacy settings. Location service might not be enough, you probably need to go in deeper into app permissions/location permissions and look for the Drivewise app.
It says its all ok in the DW Diagnostic c73aec75869f03af80f2b020ca71a0fd.jpg

My first couple of trips took awhile to show up (maybe hours?) There was a message on the 'trips' tab that it was reviewing the data, or something along those lines. Since then, the trips show up more or less immediately. The points don't get updated in a timely manner, nor do the 200 point bonuses post immediately. However, the points do update in the app after a day or two, and the 200 point bonuses do get credited within a couple of days. No problem other than the annoying delays. It doesn't even seem to eat my battery too badly, this on a BLU Vivo XL.

I don't see where Allstate awards points just for logging in. However, it seems you can easily get 1000+ points per week if you drive daily. You do get entered into some Allstate sweepstakes just for logging in to the website daily.

I'm new to doing this and wanted to post an updated list of good codes as of today:

Promo codes:

welcomecoupons

welcomebids

bidtoday

savetoday

allstatewelcome

sweepsforyou

welcome2savings

welcome2rewards

julypowerplay

primedeals17

bonus4oakley

localdeals

getdailydeals

I just downloaded the app. I'm clicking around but I don't see where you add these codes? Also, the app asks for an activation code. That's something else I don't understand. I''m not a customer, will I still get one? I got a welcome email but no activation code.

Thanks for the replys about the e-certs not appearing in the app. I didn't want to take the chance they would not be there so I'll stick with the snail mail delivery.

Silent Penguin,

To enter all those promos, open the app and click on the shop with points which should be displayed right under your point balance (if you have yours yet). In that screen scroll down and look for the "Promo Code". Click on that and enter your codes.

Silent Penguin,

To enter all those promos, open the app and click on the shop with points which should be displayed right under your point balance (if you have yours yet). In that screen scroll down and look for the "Promo Code". Click on that and enter your codes.

Thanks for the speedy and helpful reply! I learned something that might help others. When I signed in to the Shop with Points for the first time, I was given the option to receive special promotions or not. At first, I clicked "Skip this" or "no thanks". I can't remember the wording. With that option, I could NOT go any further. So, I went back and accepted. Problem solved.

That's interesting as I probably would have opted out myself. Then again, I have not seen any of the promos appear. I'll take a look around. Of course, if the promos go to one's email then I am back at square one unless I set up another account.

How do you folks get these promos? Do they go to your email?

Thanks!

That's interesting as I probably would have opted out myself. Then again, I have not seen any of the promos appear. I'll take a look around. Of course, if the promos go to one's email then I am back at square one unless I set up another account.

Thanks!

Email. But they're all posted in this thread. All you have to do is type them in...or copy/paste.

If you're not a customer and don't want to use the app, you can enter the promo codes and buy the cards from this link: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145 It's the only one I've found that works for non-customers.

Android, my location is on but its not showing drivewise as using it. Is it a setting im missing in the Dw app ?
I don't use the app, so I don't know anything about its settings. I have an iPhone. I've worked on Android phones, but not as familiar with them. Still seems like an issue with a setting on the phone to me. With what I know of Android devices, because they offer more detailed control of the system, it takes 2 or 3 steps to do what you can do on an iPhone in 1 step. So I think we're missing a step somewhere.

Thanks!

Yeah, they send them in their email newsletter. They don't come as frequently as AARP codes. I'm lucky if I get one Allstate code a week. But at least they're worth 1,000 pts., as opposed to 150 for AARP.