Wahoo - Celebrity Dress Code Here We Come

Just booked a couple of B2B Celebrity cruises for this fall. We will be traveling on land before and after the cruises, and want to travel as light as possible. We haven't cruised with Celebrity for several years and we were thrilled to find the new (to us) dress code. Wish RCCL would adopt this approach:

Q: What is the onboard dress code?A: Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress

• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

• Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing: • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Wahoo wahoo!

Umm, That is is kind of like RCCL does now, although they don't enforce several of the items.

I bring a tux and wear it, if someone wants to wear khaki's and a buttoned down shirt or even a "polo" shirt so be it.

Unfortunately, Celebrity suffers from the same issue as RCI and most other lines: those passengers who choose to ignore the dress code. I'm convinced that if they allowed shorts and t-shirts on Evening Chic nights there's be someone trying to push the limits by wearing a bathing suit and wife beater. That said, I've found that the majority do follow the rules on Celebrity.

Just booked a couple of B2B Celebrity cruises for this fall. We will be traveling on land before and after the cruises, and want to travel as light as possible. We haven't cruised with Celebrity for several years and we were thrilled to find the new (to us) dress code. Wish RCCL would adopt this approach:

Q: What is the onboard dress code?A: Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

• A cocktail dress

Men should feel comfortable wearing:• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing: • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Wahoo wahoo!

UH it's basically the same as RCL?????

UH it's basically the same as RCL?????

I see some differences, which is what I picked up on. Here's a comparison:

RCCL:

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Celebrity: Evening Chic

• A cocktail dress

If I don't have to pack a suit or even a sport coat, I'm in. I wonder, though, if jeans designed by Mr. Levi would do?

Apparently Celebrity has evolved quite a bit from the period of time when they tried making formal night being exactly that and having the dress code apply to all of the public areas on the ship not just the MDR. I guess their "experiment" didn't go over as well as they thought it would.

We came to RCI from Celebrity years ago. Maybe it is time to give them another try.

RCL didn't enforce their dress code at all. On our last cruise in December people were entering the MDR in tshirt and shorts on formal night. On our current cruise, we have seen far better dressing on both smart casual and Evening Chic nights including quite a few long gowns and bow ties. The dress code on Celebrity is what we are super comfortable with and I hope it doesn't change in either direction for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• A cocktail dress

Wahoo wahoo!

We will be on a 12 night cruise this fall. Am I to understand that there will now only be two nights that are even close to formal? I am probably one of the few who enjoys putting on a gown with my husband I a tux. Last time we did 12 nights there were three formal nights.

We will be on a 12 night cruise this fall. Am I to understand that there will now only be two nights that are even close to formal? I am probably one of the few who enjoys putting on a gown with my husband I a tux. Last time we did 12 nights there were three formal nights.

We were on a 14-night Celebrity cruise last January. On the Evening Chic nights, my husband wore his tux, and I wore an evening gown. It certainly wasn't required, but we rarely have a chance to dress like that, so for us it was fun (and a chance to see if we still fit into our wedding attire, 22 years later...). There was an eclectic mix of dining attire in the MDR and most people seemed to step it up a bit, even if just with accessories.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on a 14-night Celebrity cruise last January. On the Evening Chic nights, my husband wore his tux, and I wore an evening gown. It certainly wasn't required, but we rarely have a chance to dress like that, so for us it was fun (and a chance to see if we still fit into our wedding attire, 22 years later...). There was an eclectic mix of dining attire in the MDR and most people seemed to step it up a bit, even if just with accessories.

Enjoy your cruise!

How many formal nights did you have? Looks like the maximum is 2, regardless of cruise length

How many formal nights did you have? Looks like the maximum is 2, regardless of cruise length

I didn't keep careful notes - we were traveling with others and had a fairly busy itinerary, but I'm pretty sure although I only remember 2, there were a total of 3 Evening Chic nights. We did eat in in a specialty restaurant one night, and that may have been on the last of the Chic nights.

How many formal nights did you have? Looks like the maximum is 2, regardless of cruise length Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends also on the Captain or Hotel Director and Executive Chef. And on how many sea days you have and how they are spaced within the cruise. On a recent 14-night cruise on Eclipse, I believe we had 3 Evening Chic nights. My wife and I are always somewhat Chic (well, she is anyway) and the Chic nights vs. other nights wasn't that big a deal for us. On previous 14 and 15 night cruises it has been 3 Chic nights each time.

• A cocktail dress

Wahoo wahoo!

I've seen the abbreviated version of this dress code on signs in the windows of greasy spoons:

No Shirt

No Shoes

No Service

Seriously, that a cruise line has to publish rules demanding what amounts to common courtesy in dressing for an evening out suggests it has a real problem with enough of its customer base to warrant regulation. Fortunately, the majority of passengers on most cruise lines dress and act appropriately. Too bad that an irresponsible few folks have to detract from what could be an out-of-the-ordinary classy experience for many others on the ship.

We try to at least hit the middle of the dress code scale when cruising since we often build in land tours in conjunction with the cruise and need to conserve weight and space in our bag. About midway between a tux and jeans/T-shirt works for me. She Who Must Be Obeyed always looks chic and is able to accessorize without adding a lot of bulk and weight to her bag for seldom-used formal wear. I figure as long as I look better that the doofus who is allowed in wearing jeans and a T-shirt and keeps his ballcap on throughout the meal, I'll be OK.