Very annoying survey from RCL / Azamara / Celebrity

jb008

A quick cautionary note to forum members that I received a survey this morning from Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. that I took the time to do the survey and right at the end they ask demographic questions and then notified me that my responses would not be included because sufficient responses from my category had already been received. Consider yourself warned that if you do the survey you may be wasting your time.

The survey came from Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. <noreply@qemailserver.com> with the following message:

Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey. W e are always striving to improve our products and services and y our participation in this survey will help us to enhance the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara Club Cruises vacation experience.

This survey will take no more than 10 minutes to complete. We hope you'll make your opinion count as your feedback is very important to us.

The intelligent thing to do would be to ask the demographics FIRST! Why waste peoples time, needlessly.

EXACTLY!!! Or just tell them thank you for participating and save the data but don't actively enter it into the present survey results... it's that they told me they were trashing all the data I entered that was so frustrating. :mad::mad::mad:

This is why I posted the warning - so people know the survey may be a complete waste of time. :(

A quick cautionary note to forum members that I received a survey this morning from Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. that I took the time to do the survey and right at the end they ask demographic questions and then notified me that my responses would not be included because sufficient responses from my category had already been received. Consider yourself warned that if you do the survey you may be wasting your time.

The survey came from Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. <noreply@qemailserver.com> with the following message:

Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey. W e are always striving to improve our products and services and y our participation in this survey will help us to enhance the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara Club Cruises vacation experience.

This survey will take no more than 10 minutes to complete. We hope you'll make your opinion count as your feedback is very important to us.

I can not imagine anything more rude or anti-service oriented. I'm glad you posted this. I would recommend everyone refuse to participate. If they are going to refuse data, then they are already skewing the results and I certainly would not rely on them. If this is a third party being hired to do the survey, they should be fired. If not, then the person who approved the survey should be fired.

I think it took me about 25 minutes...received the same very annoying message. Why did "they" even have to say that? I responded within about 15 minutes of the email being sent so I was quite surprised that they received my demographic quota. I wished they just had trashed the info if they didn't need it.

I don't think it's a survey at all. I think it's a way to advertise the brand at relatively low cost.

I think they figure the majority of the people who would take the time to fill out the survey would have a positive view of the company and that this just reenforces that positive view.

JMHO.

A google search of qemailserver shows that it is tied to a survey company called Qualtrics, but there are also multiple reports of the surveys not being legit. Including one supposedly from Marriott that Marriott says they didn't initiate. I don't know that I would believe this survey is from Celebrity.

Agree with everyone. If they feel that demographics are critical to the survey - why not simply ask the usual 2-3 questions up front, to qualify the person ? Seems pretty obvious to me !

To make folks spend time on a survey, only to dump them out at the end, is downright ridiculous. It certainly gives off a sense of "your opinion isn't important to us". Amazing that such illogical decisons can be made by the folks in charge of this project. Sheesh.

A google search of qemailserver shows that it is tied to a survey company called Qualtrics, but there are also multiple reports of the surveys not being legit. Including one supposedly from Marriott that Marriott says they didn't initiate. I don't know that I would believe this survey is from Celebrity.

FYI, I've seen prior surveys dealing with Celebrity and RCCL from this company. While I cannot be 100% certain, it's probably legit.

Perhaps the Celebrity rep will view this thread and confirm

I posted my note across all three brands' boards - someone on the Aza thread said the email they got the invite at was an address unique to his Azamara account/travels, so the survey appears to be using a legit RCL/X/Aza email list (even if not commissioned by RCL).

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the heads up!

I posted my note across all three brands' boards - someone on the Aza thread said the email they got the invite at was an address unique to his Azamara account/travels, so the survey appears to be using a legit RCL/X/Aza email list (even if not commissioned by RCL).

Fair enough. The results I got seemed mixed, could go either way. Sounds like maybe it is legitimate. If so, that is a shame. I manage data for a living, and I would hate to think of wasting it like that. :o

Dear unvalued guest .... Please waste your precious time because we've decided to invalidate the real data by limiting how many responses we get from each demographic, even though it may not represent the cruising demographics of our ships, as we didn't bother to ask the children and teenagers. Your feedback is therefore not important to us. Xx hope you cruise with us again soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums