What does it take to have a Vacation Planner assigned ?

garda

To all experts.....need your advise! I had a fantastic vacation planner, but she has been promoted. I do have a vacation planner assigned to me, but unfortunately, does not return calls or answers emails. This has been going on since July or August 2016.

I have reached out to Captains Club, concerns, facebook, etc, etc, etc.....Oh, they do get back to me and assure me that I will be assigned a new vacation planner, and yet after their call, no change, no call back, nothing. Oh...and yes I did just return from a cruise and as soon as my cruise was paid, I have a Celebrity Concierge email me stating that she was assigned to me for any questions on my upcoming cruise. I did email her back with a few questions....still waiting for reply....Wow...

So any advise of whom I should contact?

I always deal with a TA in my area, I can call every day..she returns calls immediately, she prints my paperwork, signs me in, prints my suitcase labels and puts them in a plastic sleeve.

.I just have to pick my cruise and pay when she tells me to...on a b2b she finds cabins in my category so I don't need to change...I just watch more often then she has time for fare reductions before final payment..I tell her and she takes care of the rest...the cruise price is the same as if you book with the cruise line direct...she recommends cruise lines, cabins etc..if I am not sure what I want or to expect...she knows my taste by now and won't recommend anything I won't like...

While she was on vacation I booked a cruise with Celebrity direct and it was less than satisfactory until I complained to Captains Club who solved the problem...

Hope that helps you...try it and you might be surprised what a local travel agent can do for you...

Rose

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

To all experts.....need your advise! I had a fantastic vacation planner, but she has been promoted. I do have a vacation planner assigned to me, but unfortunately, does not return calls or answers emails. This has been going on since July or August 2016.

I have reached out to Captains Club, concerns, facebook, etc, etc, etc.....Oh, they do get back to me and assure me that I will be assigned a new vacation planner, and yet after their call, no change, no call back, nothing. Oh...and yes I did just return from a cruise and as soon as my cruise was paid, I have a Celebrity Concierge email me stating that she was assigned to me for any questions on my upcoming cruise. I did email her back with a few questions....still waiting for reply....Wow...

I have experienced the same thing. My original planner left. Three others said they are my planner. Yet never return email or calls Have to capt club for help I guess that is modern luxury.

Contact a travel agent instead. A TA will be more responsive to your needs, provide you the same price and perks as Celebrity and add some additional OBC. Just make sure that you find a TA without any additional fees for changes or cancellations.

Why do you need to use a vacation planner at all?

We have never used a vacation planner, as we always plan our own vacations.

We just call Captain's Club or Celebrity reservations directly for anything we want done that we can't do ourselves online.

Any agent who answers the phone can handle the usual matters such as making or canceling or changing a reservation, changing your cabin, applying a price drop, changing dining time, changing a name on a reservation, changing your perks, etc.

It is not rocket science.

Just yesterday I called about a price drop on a reservation. The agent who answered the phone applied it immediately and sent me an updated invoice before the call was even completed.

No need to start leaving messages for anyone.

No waiting for someone to get back to you.

One call and done.

Edited by varoo

Oh! I'm sorry! Did not know this was such controversial question!!!!!

No, it is not rocket science, but when you are travelling with friends, sometimes we need help getting everything linked! Sometimes you want changes done on all reservations, which requires some help!

Sometimes, I really wonder why people on this board get so snarky!!!!

S

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always book thru Celeb and never had a vacation planner assigned to us as far as we know. ..we do note the names of anyone we book with or speak to subsequently but never ask for someone specifically.

We have always have good results with gen phone no calls and cap club

With Princess we had an assigned person but it never worked out..just called gen no, as well,

Oh! I'm sorry! Did not know this was such controversial question!!!!!

No, it is not rocket science, but when you are travelling with friends, sometimes we need help getting everything linked! Sometimes you want changes done on all reservations, which requires some help!

Sometimes, I really wonder why people on this board get so snarky!!!!

Sorry you feel this way. I certainly did not intend to offend you and was only trying to be helpful by offering alternate suggestions, since you expressed such displeasure with your current vacation planner.

We often travel with friends or family and have asked to get everything linked or have other changes made to all the reservations.

These are the types of things that they have done for us very efficiently with no problem.

If traveling with a large group, Celebrity even has a special department to handle everything for large groups.

Hi! Glad everything has worked out for you, but for our last two cruises, it has not been very efficient and time consuming to get it all straightened out.

I have 10+ cruises with Celebrity and don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

Actually , forgot to mention that I did call Captain's Club on Monday ( day after I returned from my cruise), with a question on my back to back bookings I did on board for the Edge and was told to speak to a vacation planner and was immediately transferred!

Just saying....

All is good....will figure it out!

Thanks for your help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry you had this problem with your X planner. We've used this service for many years. When our agent (Rene) was promoted he recommended another (Taylor) who has been perfect for us. ALWAYS return emails, phone calls, etc. Will make sure our questions are passed to appropriate staff if she can't answer them. Why not just phone the person who was promoted and ask for a different person to handle your travel plans? Working with one X agent instead of calling and getting whomever, will establish a connection which in the long run is beneficial to you. JMHO.

garda,

I think I know how you feel. We had a wonderful Vaca. Planner on a different line. She really took care of us, and made sure all the ducks were lined up. Honestly I think getting a great one is part of the luck of the draw. Hopefully you'll find one soon!!

I am with you on this.... I LOVE my vacation planner, he is fantastic and has made the experience so pleasant for us. He responds almost immediately to all calls/emails. Not sure if we are allowed to mention names but here it is if you want to ask for him- Ryan Wilkinson. Good luck to you!

We booked our first X cruise with a X cruise planner. Since then we've used a large online TA. Their rates are generally cheaper than X for same cabin/category/cruise. Even when prices are the same (rarely) we get extra perks, more OBC and we get service from them for price reductions, linking travelers, etc. We have found that X is more willing to give pre cruise service to a TA that books thousands of cruises per year than to an individual cruiser. Good luck whatever you decide and happy sailing!:)

Booking directly with Celebrity and not using a travel agent comes with a cost. My travel agent rebates in either cruise credit or cash as much as 8% of the cruise fare.

I totally agree; I book Celebrity and then transfer to my TA. She is fantastic. For our transatlantic, my OBC is over 10%, but usually it is around 7-8 %. She always answers my emails and I send quite a few. We are now friends...and yes, I always check many agencies too, after all it is my money. I love being my own planner, as we do lots of land travel in Europe too, but I love to be in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
I am with you on this.... I LOVE my vacation planner, he is fantastic and has made the experience so pleasant for us. He responds almost immediately to all calls/emails. Not sure if we are allowed to mention names but here it is if you want to ask for him- Ryan Wilkinson. Good luck to you!

I am so happy I came across your post even though it's from a couple months ago. I had put a 24 hold online on a cruise and cabin. Before the hold expired I went online yesterday to place a deposit but the website wasn't showing the complimentary perk I had selected. I was hestitant to move forward. And right at that time I received an e-mail from the Ryan Wilkinson you mention.

I called him at the # he provided and when I hung up 10 minutes later I was so pleased. Ryan answered all my questions; was very informative; and while still on the phone with him I received an e-mailed receipt for the deposit and all the booking information. I am hoping he will continue to be a vacation planner for awhile since I won't be neading to deal with details for quite some time for our Feb 1, 2019 sailing.

Always good to read a positive recommendation about someone you're working with.

I am so happy I came across your post even though it's from a couple months ago. I had put a 24 hold online on a cruise and cabin. Before the hold expired I went online yesterday to place a deposit but the website wasn't showing the complimentary perk I had selected. I was hestitant to move forward. And right at that time I received an e-mail from the Ryan Wilkinson you mention.

I called him at the # he provided and when I hung up 10 minutes later I was so pleased. Ryan answered all my questions; was very informative; and while still on the phone with him I received an e-mailed receipt for the deposit and all the booking information. I am hoping he will continue to be a vacation planner for awhile since I won't be neading to deal with details for quite some time for our Feb 1, 2019 sailing.

Always good to read a positive recommendation about someone you're working with.

I am so happy but not surprised to hear this! I have never worked with someone as efficient as Ryan and was truly impressed. True, we did not get the extra onboard credit of booking with a large TA but when prices went down before final payment we called him and within 10 minutes had a new invoice for $800 less. I even sent a letter to his supervisor commending his superior service.

If you are on a ship just go to Future Cruises and book. You get some extra perks. Then transfer to a TA of your choice for more perks, service and perhaps a better price. One TA told me that her agency had a good block of Veranda cabins for the 11 day Japan cruise. Her price would be less than the OV price. I booked on board for the extra OBC and gave her name as my agent. Once she got the reservation she changed it to the balcony guarantee and gave more OBC and pre paid gratuities The lowest price balcony rose to double the price I paid.

I've found the agents in Future Cruises generally more prepared to give advise and answer questions than most of the celebrity agents on land.

If you are on a ship just go to Future Cruises and book. You get some extra perks. Then transfer to a TA of your choice for more perks, service and perhaps a better price. One TA told me that her agency had a good block of Veranda cabins for the 11 day Japan cruise. Her price would be less than the OV price. I booked on board for the extra OBC and gave her name as my agent. Once she got the reservation she changed it to the balcony guarantee and gave more OBC and pre paid gratuities The lowest price balcony rose to double the price I paid.

I've found the agents in Future Cruises generally more prepared to give advise and answer questions than most of the celebrity agents on land.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Need telephone number: I have a terrible cruise planner who send e-mails about cruises. She does not respond in a timely manner (if she responds). I have tried to talk with a supervisor but only get the runaround. My previous planner was excellent. When I try various telephone numbers all I get recorded messages. I do not think anyone in X wants to hear anything but praises. The customer relations number is of no help. Thank you for your help.

To echo some other comments.....call Ryan Wilkinson at Celebrity Cruises....1-888-307-8413, Ext. 13858. He is incredibly responsive, helpful, pleasant and reachable. He has helped me so very much with planing our cruise vacations. I rely on his expertise and trust his information. You won't be sorry!!

To echo some other comments.....call Ryan Wilkinson at Celebrity Cruises....1-888-307-8413, Ext. 13858. He is incredibly responsive, helpful, pleasant and reachable. He has helped me so very much with planing our cruise vacations. I rely on his expertise and trust his information. You won't be sorry!!

Thanks. Will try it.