On Grand Princess now..Butter and Blue Bags..Answers.

Belle

We were on the March 26th Regal in a Club Mini and we did not receive blue bags. In CC we did have four pats of butter at every meal. My husband requested more butter and it was always provided. Our waiter explained that due to the cost of the butter, they were suppose to limit the butter that was placed on the tables. After the first day, my husband was served the extra butter every time.. I thought it was of excellent quality. I also liked that it was served soft. It was certainly better than our at home Land of Lakes brand.

It must be expensive because on one cruise a few years ago I saw one waiter scraping out one dish to make a fresh one to present to next diners.

In December 2015 I took my first cruise on the Grand in a full suite and we were given very nice canvas bags. Then in May 2016 and Jan 2017 took two more cruises in full suites on the Island and got the lesser quality blue bags. I was kind of sad that they don't give the canvas bags anymore. They are really nice and for the price you pay for a suite I thought it was a nice touch. I hope they do not do away with the bags all together. It seems I always come back with more than I brought on board.

It must be expensive because on one cruise a few years ago I saw one waiter scraping out one dish to make a fresh one to present to next diners.

And if that waiter's supervisor or a health inspector saw that, you'd never see that waiter work as a waiter on Princess again ...

Come on Guys and Gals.

Just giving information that some wanted to know.

Why all the talk. Hate to say it some of you are a pain

in the ***. This is why some people don't ask questions

or post about their cruise!

On Grand now.... Butter Is On The Table..soft. No Blue Bags

Not reporting it again. Know some like the information and all

others just laugh away!

No bags given out on the Regal on the March 26th voyage. They did have butter on the tables, which made us forget about not getting the bags.

They must put something in the butter to make you forget the negative things. I will say that, after having the butter, I did not think about work one time during the voyage.

Come on Guys and Gals.

others just laugh away!

Thanks Belle, we will be boarding the Grand Sunday and my DW has packed an old blue bag in her suit case for old times sake:). Hope the seas have been calm for you and thanks for posting. I believe the phrase "social media" is a misnomer sometimes and it seems CC has changed over the years, IMHO

49er

They must put something in the butter to make you forget the negative things. I will say that, after having the butter, I did not think about work one time during the voyage.

Now that's the kind of butter I need to get some of!

Come on Guys and Gals.

others just laugh away!

As I will be boarding the Grand this Sunday, the subject was interesting to me, so thanks!

For me, having fun with a topic is not destroying the OP's intentions or idea, I believe a faceless chat board makes it difficult though to have playful fun and not have it be seen as an attack/put down.

We were on Regal first week on March. Plenty of butter no blue bag. I think the blue bags are a great advertisement for Princess.

On other Princess cruises that I have been on, I have carried one into port. People who did not have them (maybe they were on another cruise line) were looking at mine.

I can understand the butter thing. On our last couple of cruises my wife and I were the only ones at dinner who actually ate the rolls (and therefore the butter). I can always ask for butter. As for the bags... I don't think we have ever carried one ashore with us at a port stop. Perhaps my wife did one time but I certainly don't remember it. We do like the bags though as we live in the state of Confusion - er, California - and have to provide our own grocery bags. It's nice to have the blue Princess bags for that purpose. At one bag per cruise they are kind of expensive grocery bags though. Maybe we will get one in October. A 28 day cruise for two people in order to get one grocery bag. Hmmm... It might be cheaper to pay the dime per bag the grocery store charges. :rolleyes: