Booking Onboard new policy from March 01 2017

:mad:Hi,

I'm a past guest cruiser for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise for more than 25 years.

I just encounter these new policy that will stop you for booking Onboard with Royal Caribbean, and I hope

they change it back to how it was before. until future changes I wont book onboard until they fix they badly new policies.

I always make my reservation Onboard and stay Loyal to Royal Caribbean, But the NEW conditions are ready bad.

If you have made a reservation after march 01 2017,

You will encounter:

1) A change fee of $100 per person, if you change the sailing date.

2) If your travel agent has a better rate from there block space, you will loose the $$$ Onboard credit that they offer you Onboard.

This 2 points are the most important, and number 2 if not mention, in their policy, but my travel agent that I use for more 25 years, put me in a 3 way call, so I can hear it from the Royal Caribbean Agent, that they wont aloud the combination like My previous cruises.

When I made my deposit they didn't explain all the conditions.

But when I call Royal Caribbean whey will refer you to your copy they sent you to your email, which they didn't explain when I give them my deposit.

Here's a copy that I made from the conditions that Royal Caribbean agent didn't explain me onboard:

Important information regarding your onboard booking Terms and Conditions

· THE DEPOSIT REQUIRED FOR YOUR NEXTCRUISE BOOKING IS NONREFUNDABLE IF YOU BOOK A GRAND SUITE STATEROOM OR HIGHER OR IF

YOU CHOOSE THE INSTANT ONBOARD CREDIT OPTION.

· CHANGES FOR SUITE BOOKINGS: For Guests whose NextCruise Booking is for a Grand Suite stateroom or higher, changes made during the first thirty (30)

days after the NextCruise Booking was made shall not be subject to a Change Fee but will remain nonrefundable. After the expiration of that thirty (30) day period,

a Change Fee (currently $100 per person per change but subject to adjustment without notice) shall apply.

· Grand Suite Staterooms and above bookings require full deposit and are only eligible for Future Onboard Credit. For Guests who choose the Future Onboard

Credit offer and later Downgrade their NEXTCRUISE BOOKING, the amount of that future onboard credit shall be reduced.

· For Guests who choose the Instant Onboard Credit offer, downgrades to your NEXTCRUISE BOOKING will result in an additional charge of between $50 to $500

on your booking and in the loss of your special promotional offer. Downgrades include booking a shorter duration cruise or booking a lower class of staterooms.

· For Guests who choose the Future Onboard Credit offer and later Downgrade their NEXTCRUISE BOOKING, the amount of that future onboard credit shall be

reduced

· For all guests, if you change your NEXTCRUISE reservations, your booking will no longer be eligible for the special pricing/promotional offer provided to you while

onboard. Your reservation will now be booked at prevailing rates as of the date of your requested change

· Bookings made through the NextCruise program are not combinable with certain rate plans, promotions or other offers.

· A NEXTCRUISE BOOKING may be combined with certain groups but would now require a full deposit and possible loss of your promotional offer and/or Onboard

Credit offer.

· Visit your Cruise Sales Team onboard for full Terms and Conditions and/or visit the Royal Caribbean website in your country of residence.

ONBOARD CREDIT PER STATEROOM

LENGTH OF CRUISE INTERIOR/OCEANVIEW BALCONY/JUNIOR SUITE GRAND SUITE AND ABOVE

5-7 Nights $50 $100 $200

8-10 Nights $100 $150 $300

11-14 Nights $150 $200 $400

15 Nights and longer $200 $250 $500

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.,

1050 Caribbean

Until Royal Caribbean does change this new badly policy, they won't get a dime from me anymore.:mad::mad::mad:

cheers,

Cruise Dog.

Edited by Cruisedog1

There was a previous thread on this and mentioned that it applies to grand suite & above. One of the more logical explanation was that too many folks were booking suites & then cancelling or changing, therefore hogging these cabin reservations that could be available to others.

We lost our $100 balcony OBC from our NextCruise we purchased March 11 for our 2018 cruise. When we booked onboard the NextCruise agent knew we were going to change the sailing date in the next few weeks. We asked her if we moved it to our travel agent if OBC would stay intact. She assured us it would. When we decided on the date for the new cruise this week, we got a better price from our agent than Royal so we moved it. Royal said our OBC was no longer valid.

Bottom line, no more NextCruise purchases for us while onboard. What is the incentive?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were very disappointed last month on Oasis when we went to buy our next cruise voucher. Too many new rules for the suites. We only do 1 cruise a year, so we can stay in a GS. No changes, no discount on deposits. No reason to book ahead! Soooooo disappointing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were very disappointed last month on Oasis when we went to buy our next cruise voucher. Too many new rules for the suites. We only do 1 cruise a year, so we can stay in a GS. No changes, no discount on deposits. No reason to book ahead! Soooooo disappointing!!

I thought the new rules only came into play if you took the instant OBC. If you take the OBC on the future cruise, are there still restrictions on changes?

It does make some sense. If you take the instant OBC and then cancel or downgrade you've gotten a freebie and taken advantage of the system. We never take the instant obc or book a GS, so no problem for us. My T/A did tell us if we joined their group for an upcoming group, we would save something on the fare, but we would have to pay the full deposit and lose the obc. We opted not to do that. We all weigh our choices.

Cruisers than are not from the US have had to deal with this forever...no matter where or when they book the cruise. Welcome to the club!

I have found that there isn't really an advantage to booking on board 95% of the time anyway. But I am not loyal to any cruise line in particular.

We have booked on-board previously - because we could combine the D+ balcony discount and the OBC. Is that still applicable.

Yes, you can still combine the balcony discount with OBC from booking on board.

We lost our $100 balcony OBC from our NextCruise we purchased March 11 for our 2018 cruise. When we booked onboard the NextCruise agent knew we were going to change the sailing date in the next few weeks. We asked her if we moved it to our travel agent if OBC would stay intact. She assured us it would. When we decided on the date for the new cruise this week, we got a better price from our agent than Royal so we moved it. Royal said our OBC was no longer valid.

Bottom line, no more NextCruise purchases for us while onboard. What is the incentive?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said in my post #5 we booked onboard March 20th..just recently changed those itineraries/date/ship and received $100 OBC for each of those bookings made onboard...Once home I changed one of them to 9 nights instead of 7, I got an additional $50.00 OBC.

OP did you loose your original OBC because you/TA cancelled your booking and made a new one with the TA...did your booking # change?

As I said in my post #5 we booked onboard March 20th..just recently changed those itineraries/date/ship and received $100 OBC for each of those bookings made onboard...Once home I changed one of them to 9 nights instead of 7, I got an additional $50.00 OBC.

OP did you loose your original OBC because you/TA cancelled your booking and made a new one with the TA...did your booking # change?

We didn't cancel our booking, just changed cruising date and itinerary with Royal. Then we switched the cruise to our travel agent who offered a cheaper price. We still have the same booking number.

So, just to clarify.... If I were to book a non-suite room onboard, and chose the "use it later" option for the OBC, this policy won't impact me, right?

That's the way I read it.

We didn't cancel our booking, just changed cruising date and itinerary with Royal. Then we switched the cruise to our travel agent who offered a cheaper price. We still have the same booking number.

Sorry..perhaps I'm misunderstanding why you would lose your onboard booking OBC then :confused:

So, just to clarify.... If I were to book a non-suite room onboard, and chose the "use it later" option for the OBC, this policy won't impact me, right?

Not just reading it...personally just experienced it with 3 bookings.