Peninsula club changes....when?

barriead

Well the clock has nearly run out on the World cruises..this years anywayclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Possible announcements soonish then..ahem...

Have decided free wi-fi minutes is my number one choice...so that wont happen then.:D

Coming soon, watch this space.

Honest.

No honestly

It is. Soon.

Very soon.

:) :). :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We never got one and i get regular correspondence with P&O.

43 cruises and counting.

Nor me. Doubtless any changes that we perceive to be negative will be justified as having been requested by passengers on the basis of a (very limited) survey with very carefully crafted questions. Forgive my cynicism, but I still haven't forgiven them for excluding our first cruise from the points calculation when they last changed the system!

Nor me. Doubtless any changes that we perceive to be negative will be justified as having been requested by passengers on the basis of a (very limited) survey with very carefully crafted questions. Forgive my cynicism, but I still haven't forgiven them for excluding our first cruise from the points calculation when they last changed the system!

...........and probably carefully selected recipients as well, which would exclude anyone on here who dares to criticise them.;p:cool:

Well having seen on TV the problems with the laundry when a lot of high tier are onboard..Taking days to return..That's not really any good. Free mini bar....I prefer to take my own choices.. Rather than what they they would like me to have. Free WiFi..Well if a lot of high tier on board..And all using it..Or leaving it on..As they can.Would slow it down.,not for me I'm afraid..

Yes, I can quite see how you would prefer the generous P&O offering to the Princess offerings

P&O did send out a survey early last year asking about opinions and your favourites out of choices.

I dont suppose anyone has a copy of the survey they could share with us do they?.....purely for reference of course.:evilsmile::)

I had one, by email, but I can't remember all the questions that were asked. I do remember them mentioning different things and asking how important they would be to me - things like free internet time, free laundry, the Caribbean and above lunch with Officers. From memory I was asked to say whether it was 'not important', 'important', 'very important', that sort of thing. It was a long time ago.

Here is a radical thought, scrap the whole loyalty system altogether. In some way we all pay for it anyway. Use the money saved for other purposes eg to improve the embarcation system or reduce the bar prices or bring on big name acts to the theatre.

How many of you would immediately stop cruising with P&O if they removed your loyalty benefits, such as they are? I would suspect precious few as you sail with them for the product not the paltry benefits.

Loyalty benefits had their place back in the day when people took one cruise a year or every few years. Now many people that you speak to on ships (and indeed can gather from on this forum) can take several cruises a year so loyalty grades that used to take years of cruising to reach are reached much more quickly. Then they have to move the goalposts again and again - that annoys customers.

Go for the Big Bang, get rid of the whole system.💣

I agree. None of the loyalty benefits are free, it's simply a redistribution of costs. Lines that offer free WiFi and what have you are simply bumping up base prices across holidays to cover their costs.

I would be in favour of very little of the changes proposed so far,

I do not drink a great deal so a drop in prices would not benefit,

Have had no problem boarding as I tend to arrive around the time given,

The only thing that I would be in favour of is an increased number of points linked to the overall spend on board.

...........and probably carefully selected recipients as well, which would exclude anyone on here who dares to criticise them.;p:cool:

I got one and I thought it was because I wrote about a problem I had with the loyalty system so no it's not only sent to recipients who're always positive about P&O. Anyway do you know my name from my posts?

I've actually completed two of these surveys - one about 2 years ago and another one recently. I do love the Elite perks on Princess and I have said that on both surveys. We only have Vodka in our mini-bar or you can choose a coffee card; the free wifi always works well; free laundry is a boon on a long cruise; and the buffet and drinks at 6:00 every night is a very sociable occasion.

Last time they announced a change I think it was a year before implementation, I know there is a new management team and times have changed but there may still be a lag between announcement and effective date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time they announced a change I think it was a year before implementation, I know there is a new management team and times have changed but there may still be a lag between announcement and effective date.

Implementation in the next 2/3 month. I have seen the light.

:). :). :)

It has been on the cards Christopher Edgington said it would be implemented by early summer 2016 and we are still waiting.

It has been on the cards Christopher Edgington said it would be implemented by early summer 2016 and we are still waiting.

Yes but since then I have been told they are announcing something after the world cruises (now) and Dai has been told it's going to be soon - I was then wondering about how long the implementation would be after the imminent announcement.

Yes but since then I have been told they are announcing something after the world cruises (now) and Dai has been told it's going to be soon - I was then wondering about how long the implementation would be after the imminent announcement.

We were told then by "the boss" it would happen last summer and we were told on Britannia last October by Peninsular Club rep that the changes were imminent and yet we are now 6 months later so obviously nobody knows to be honest probably not even P&O.

We were told then by "the boss" it would happen last summer and we were told on Britannia last October by Peninsular Club rep that the changes were imminent and yet we are now 6 months later so obviously nobody knows to be honest probably not even P&O.

What are P&O frightened of...are they testing us with the Sky News removal.:evilsmile::)

Is this their equivalent of the "political release of bad news" when everyone is distracted by other events/news and their just waiting for their moment...oh dear think I am overthinking this.:confused::eek::D

Thank you, Florry. How kind. It's the dressing gown that's the real attraction ....

If you use the thermal suite you can just 'borrow' a dressing gown for the duration of your cruise. I'm sure I'm going to get told off by someone for saying that [emoji849]

What are P&O frightened of...are they testing us with the Sky News removal.:evilsmile::)

Is this their equivalent of the "political release of bad news" when everyone is distracted by other events/news and their just waiting for their moment...oh dear think I am overthinking this.:confused::eek::D

What sky removal?