We're out of.....

Yes. Carnival Spirit 17 day cruise from Hawaii to Australia.

Ran out of prunes the second to last day. The 50+ crowd was livid and constipated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They always seem to run out of bananas on our cruises by the last 2 days. Probably 'cause people pack them up for their shore excursions. We have also had cruises where they have run out of cans of caffeine-free diet coke, which is the only thing I drink.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not;p But.........a few years ago it had an engine fire and was stranded in the middle of the gulf. People were sleeping on deck, toilets didn't work, all the food ruined.

Yes I was serious thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Patience...Seem to run out of that sometimes with the rugrats by the pool. I think they need an adult pool.

I figured out a long time ago that that's what people bring bungee cords for. Not to prop open the balcony doors, but to keep the rugrats restrained.

Lobster on the first elegant night...

We got nothing, but the guy at the table next to us had ordered 6 of them....so they apologized and we took our fancy dressed selves up to the lido and we haven not had dinner in the dining room since. Its really not worth the hassle of getting dressed and spending 2 hours at dinner, when the lido is so convenient.

I've noticed that the fruit sometimes starts to dwindle toward the end of the cruise. The bananas start turning brown and usually run out completely. The pineapple is sort of every other day sometimes also. But that's to be expected, we try to eat all of our fruit at the beginning of the cruise while its the freshest and plentiful!:D

On a repo cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver, somewhere in the Pacific, we ran out of regular milk. Had to use the milk that doesn't need to be refrigerated. It was nasty. Only cruise out of 34 that this has happened. :D

On our last cruise in August 2016 for 12 days around the Med on the Vista the ship apparently ran out of a lot of things:

They definately ran out of english bacon/back bacon 5 days in.(This didn't happen on our 12 day Baltic on the Legend 3 years earlier)

But also they apparently ran out of these beverages in the last 4 days (we don't drink the below things):

Coke Zero

Strongbow cider

Bud light and Bud

Corona

Rose wine

various drink mixes such as Pina Colada

Now if this did indeed happen then it was either:

a) all the Brits who had bought the package (we can drink let me tell you)

b) Inaugural season teething problems (we were the longest cruise since the first sailing)

c) Carnival holding back on some supplies to not upset the next cruise (lots of people were peeved already due to package and spanish tax charges)

Or a mix of all 3.

Thankfully we were drinking the ale brewed on board or red wine with the odd cocktail so we were fine.

On our last cruise on the Pride out of Tampa they had no olives...not good if you drink Grey Goose Dirty Martinis. They got some at the first port and all was forgotten until you posted this! LOL

Cheers and happy cruising.

Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise and they ran out of something? Bacon, flat iron steak, ATM money, wcmc, Budweiser, etc?

Certainly not talking about a disaster cruise like Triumph or anything...just a regular cruise.

I've seen them run out of various brands of beer onboard over the years. Also ran out of fresh mint for making Mojitos. And limes. I've seen them run out of limes. I think it's just part of cruising culture. Things happen and you just make the best of what you do have.

in all of my cruises, bananas always go out on day 4-5. In one of the behind the scenes tours i did, the chef said it is the hardest fruit to keep fresh on the ship.

Wonder if that just depends on what ship and what ports? I say this as we just came back off an 8 day on the Sunshine. We had bananas, including the last day (my DH had them w/ cereal for breakfast).

We did see them loading supplies on board the ship the morning we ported in San Juan.