POSTTHANKU OBC Refundable or Not?

Luvcrusn

Several times we've had the POSTTHANKU OBC from X, but never bothered to find out if it was refundable or not. Just curious if any of you know for sure. I know that the OBC we've gotten from X as a perk was refundable, while the OBC from our TA was non-refundable. I know it doesn't matter, and the X will use the non-refundable first, but I'm curious. Thanks in advance!

I think you got that the wrong way round. Usually cruise line OBC is NON-refundable, whereas from a TA, it's cash, so it CAN be refunded.

It's definitely possible that I'm confusing the OBC that can be used before boarding policy with the refundable policy, but I'm pretty sure that on our last cruise the TA told us their OBC was non-refundable. Our last cruise we had quite a bit of OBC, given to us in equal parts by TA and X, so we're not sure which was which. I know that some of it was refundable, because the last morning we went to customer service and they handed it to us in cash. I'm curious about the POSTTHANKU OBC specifically this time.

What is POSTTHANKU OBC??

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

After we complele a cruise we sometimes get an email from Celebrity with the POSTTHANKU code offering an OBC if we book another cruise within a specified time frame. We've gotten it after our last several cruises and taken advantage of the offer. It can be used either booking directly, or in our case, we've used it to book with the TA we usually use.

The rule of thumb is any OBC issued by Celebrity is non-fundable. OBC issued by your TA is refundable. I confirmed that on our last cruise when we had both....so I asked our Captain's Club host.

Thanks!

From the POSTTANKU letter I received from Celebrity last year:

OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, willexpire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will beapplied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

It's also (at least in my case) combinable with only one offer so may not be able to be applied in any event.

OBC from a TA is NOT always refundable. It depends if it is due to a cross promotion between the TA and Celebrity. If it is, then it is non refundable along with the other non refundable Celebrity OBC. I did a cruise in December that was booked through a major online TA. They didn't disclose it in advance but ALL of their OBC was non refundable, even their $50 loyalty OBC showed up as OBN.

After the cruise I contacted the TA about their OBC being non refundable. They responded referring me back to their terms that you must agree to when booking: "As stated in the authorization waiver contract, the shipboard credit you are set to receive may be partially or fully non-refundable if not used in its entirety."

I felt I was "Con"ned. The only way to tell for sure is to review your account on the cabin TV. OBR is refundable, OBN is not. Regardless of the source.

From the POSTTANKU letter I received from Celebrity last year:

OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, willexpire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will beapplied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

It's also (at least in my case) combinable with only one offer so may not be able to be applied in any event.[/quote

I've used it 3 times now in addition to what X and my TA offered (drinks, tips OBC) and my captains club upgrade. I guess I've been fortunate. . I just couldn't remember what the email said about non-redeemable. Thanks for having the answer.

OBC from a TA is NOT always refundable. It depends if it is due to a cross promotion between the TA and Celebrity. If it is, then it is non refundable along with the other non refundable Celebrity OBC. I did a cruise in December that was booked through a major online TA. They didn't disclose it in advance but ALL of their OBC was non refundable, even their $50 loyalty OBC showed up as OBN.

After the cruise I contacted the TA about their OBC being non refundable. They responded referring me back to their terms that you must agree to when booking: "As stated in the authorization waiver contract, the shipboard credit you are set to receive may be partially or fully non-refundable if not used in its entirety."

I felt I was "Con"ned. The only way to tell for sure is to review your account on the cabin TV. OBR is refundable, OBN is not. Regardless of the source.

I believe we may be using the same TA. I was under the impression that all of the TA'S OBC was non refundable and have always spent it all. On our cruise in December we went to customer service the last evening of the cruise to ask about a form for giving additional gratuities to a a few staff members. We found out that what we had left was refundable. (1/2 our OBC was from the TA and the rest from X). Guest relations told us we could have the remainder credited back to our credit card, or if we wanted to come back to Customer Relations the next morning we'd get it in cash. We were surprised because, as I said, we thought all our OBC was non refundable. We just tipped the extra in cash and learned to check in the future about refundable at the beginning. We didn't feel we were "conned", but we're pleasantly surprised, and will continue to be "loyal ".

We booked a cruise while on our Cruise in April and then got home and found the email in my mailbox. When I tried to get them to apply it to the one we had already booked they said I could not. Has anyone else experienced this?

Everything I have received from this TA in the past was refundable. I was shocked to see chuck town Steve say that the loyalty OBC was even OBN

I'm no longer using this TA due to cancelation fees and things like this

We booked a cruise while on our Cruise in April and then got home and found the email in my mailbox. When I tried to get them to apply it to the one we had already booked they said I could not. Has anyone else experienced this?

You got the on board booking perks, probably not combinable with the Postthanku.

Everything I have received from this TA in the past was refundable. I was shocked to see chuck town Steve say that the loyalty OBC was even OBN

I'm no longer using this TA due to cancelation fees and things like this

Yeah I was surprised and angry when I discovered it because their OBC was previously refundable. and then when they made the "loyalty" OBN, that was the icing on the cake.

One year earlier we were a no show at an AK cruise because American Air didn't get the equipment to our airport for the flight and then rebooked us to land two days later after the ship sailed. Three months later, even though the TA received their commission for the forfeited fare, they tacked a cancellation fee onto my credit card after I had already submitted and receive the insurance claim. Had I known, I could have submitted it with the original claim.

I use a different TA now who actually gives me more in perks and all their OBC is refundable.

Yes, it is for new bookings only. I looked at the email again and see

Offer is applicable to newindividual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, ExcitingDeals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travelagent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is notapplicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for completeterms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct anyerrors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees andsurcharges at any time without prior notice.

You got the on board booking perks, probably not combinable with the Postthanku.

This is correct, unfortunatley.

Yeah I was surprised and angry when I discovered it because their OBC was previously refundable. and then when they made the "loyalty" OBN, that was the icing on the cake.

One year earlier we were a no show at an AK cruise because American Air didn't get the equipment to our airport for the flight and then rebooked us to land two days later after the ship sailed. Three months later, even though the TA received their commission for the forfeited fare, they tacked a cancellation fee onto my credit card after I had already submitted and receive the insurance claim. Had I known, I could have submitted it with the original claim.

I use a different TA now who actually gives me more in perks and all their OBC is refundable.

AWFUL! I have one upcoming cruise left with this TA, but, it will be my last with them.

It's definitely possible that I'm confusing the OBC that can be used before boarding policy with the refundable policy, but I'm pretty sure that on our last cruise the TA told us their OBC was non-refundable. Our last cruise we had quite a bit of OBC, given to us in equal parts by TA and X, so we're not sure which was which. I know that some of it was refundable, because the last morning we went to customer service and they handed it to us in cash. I'm curious about the POSTTHANKU OBC specifically this time.
I certainly can understand if a TA made their OBC non-refundable. The OBC is for the cruiser to enjoy while on their cruise, not to take home with them, otherwise why doesn't the TA just take that amount off their cruise cost.

I certainly can understand if a TA made their OBC non-refundable. The OBC is for the cruiser to enjoy while on their cruise, not to take home with them, otherwise why doesn't the TA just take that amount off their cruise cost.

I have had a TA give me the choice of OBC or take it off the price of the cruise beforehand. I never realized they would do that and of course, I had her take it off the price of the cruise.

I have booked many cruises with this TA and the OBC was always refundable with the exception of 1 cruise where there was a cross promotion with X. At the time I booked the agent explained that since it was a joint promotion all OBC would be non-refundable.

Have 2 more booked and the OBC for both is refundable.

We booked a cruise about a week prior to one of our cruises,sailed, then returned home and received the POSTTHANKU email. I called the TA we had booked it with, and even though it was not a new booking and we had 3 perks they got it applied. My theory was, if I didn't ask the answer would definitely be no. But I asked and the answer was yes!

We booked a future cruise while on the Eclipse in February. We chose the GO BEST, to receive all the perks.

Last week we received the POSTTHANKU OBC offer, and our TA was able to apply another $200 OBC to this cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked a future cruise while on the Eclipse in February. We chose the GO BEST, to receive all the perks.

Last week we received the POSTTHANKU OBC offer, and our TA was able to apply another $200 OBC to this cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. That nice! I have booked all of my 'next' cruises while on board, and never received this offer [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app