Just for a simple laugh

Many of us have joked about it so I figured I'd offer some help to anyone who does not know or possibly understand the algorithm Royal uses when planning their pricing and/or sales. Saving money is important to many of us so please pay attention and hopefully this will be easy to navigate and easy to apply.

When planning a sale, Royal first has determine the relative humidity at the lower most base camp of Mt. Everest, however it has to be on a Tuesday and never during a full moon. Then, and only then, if the summer Olympics are being held in the western hemisphere, they will raise the base rate to slightly above what the maximum achievable discount will be. Now if you are thinking "but I qualify for a C&A discount", not so fast.

In order for your C&A discount to be applicable you cannot have already booked within the past 227 months, nor may you be of the blood types O, A or AB. That is unless Royal's IT department made an error on a Friday afternoon forcing the weekend call center employees into pointless circular arguments. If this happens during the summer months south of the equator and you are able to strike yourself in the forehead with an object emblazoned with the Crown and Anchor Logo whilst singing the alphabet backwards with an accent not of your mother tongue they will combine the discount with the current sale.**Please note anyone who has been on hold longer than 3 minutes does not qualify.

To make additional offerings more attractive you may be given the opportunity to buy a beverage package that may or may not be discounted and may or may not include the automatic gratuity which is then calculated using some ancient Roman currency then explained in a way that makes Unicorn's cry. Now if you are really sharp and looking for value you can combine your beverage package purchase with a city tour, not of your choice, internet for one and a half devices, an inexpensive spa service on a sea day and 8 specialty restaurant reservations and receive $25 OBC to spend as you wish. ***OBC may only be used in the arcade from Midnight - 3 AM but only on port days that are weekdays while off the coast of the Azores.

The best possible cruise fare and easiest to understand can only be obtained by those who have RCL stock and 9 million cruise credits, can book during a sale, while on board at the exact moment of a full lunar eclipse, visible only above the arctic circle, at 4:43 AM on a June 29th. Any day of the week and year qualify if you are left handed.

See, simple! Don't fret cruise friends, there will always be another sale just like this one (attached). I hope this makes some of you smile :D

RCCL.jpg.89e68a4311a093dc6aa0283de104290c.jpg

That method is used everywhere, It isn't limited to Royal Caribbean or even the travel industry. You just have to learn a company's behavior from previous purchases and/or don't question the reason(s) for the terms and conditions of the "sale".

If the price is too much, don't purchase it. If the price is reasonable, buy it. Don't look to see what others paid.

Drew, you haven't told people about what happens during an eclipse? I heard that there was a 15% reduction (+18%) on the surf n turf in Chops? is that true?

Solar or lunar? Next solar eclipse is in August, might be the best sale ever . . .

Many of us have joked about it so I figured I'd offer some help to anyone who does not know or possibly understand the algorithm Royal uses when planning their pricing and/or sales. Saving money is important to many of us so please pay attention and hopefully this will be easy to navigate and easy to apply.

When planning a sale, Royal first has determine the relative humidity at the lower most base camp of Mt. Everest, however it has to be on a Tuesday and never during a full moon. Then, and only then, if the summer Olympics are being held in the western hemisphere, they will raise the base rate to slightly above what the maximum achievable discount will be. Now if you are thinking "but I qualify for a C&A discount", not so fast.

In order for your C&A discount to be applicable you cannot have already booked within the past 227 months, nor may you be of the blood types O, A or AB. That is unless Royal's IT department made an error on a Friday afternoon forcing the weekend call center employees into pointless circular arguments. If this happens during the summer months south of the equator and you are able to strike yourself in the forehead with an object emblazoned with the Crown and Anchor Logo whilst singing the alphabet backwards with an accent not of your mother tongue they will combine the discount with the current sale.**Please note anyone who has been on hold longer than 3 minutes does not qualify.

To make additional offerings more attractive you may be given the opportunity to buy a beverage package that may or may not be discounted and may or may not include the automatic gratuity which is then calculated using some ancient Roman currency then explained in a way that makes Unicorn's cry. Now if you are really sharp and looking for value you can combine your beverage package purchase with a city tour, not of your choice, internet for one and a half devices, an inexpensive spa service on a sea day and 8 specialty restaurant reservations and receive $25 OBC to spend as you wish. ***OBC may only be used in the arcade from Midnight - 3 AM but only on port days that are weekdays while off the coast of the Azores.

The best possible cruise fare and easiest to understand can only be obtained by those who have RCL stock and 9 million cruise credits, can book during a sale, while on board at the exact moment of a full lunar eclipse, visible only above the arctic circle, at 4:43 AM on a June 29th. Any day of the week and year qualify if you are left handed.

See, simple! Don't fret cruise friends, there will always be another sale just like this one (attached). I hope this makes some of you smile :D

If you hadn't entitled this as such - some people may have thought this was serious. This was absolutely brilliant!!

Darn, I thought the only thing you had to do to get the C&A discount was to kiss the cod!:D

Great screen name BTW.

Tks!! Figured kissing the cod was a little too much. Imagine trying to explain it :-)

Tough crowd in here.....

I can appreciate not everyone cares for my sense of humor just as I care not for their opinions regarding it ;p

I'm totally confused ?! What if I am Polish and I'm in my truck on a Wednesday at 3:00pm when a butterfly farts? Does that give me a higher or lower discount and is it combinable with the C&A discount? And will it matter at all if Mattj2000 reads the post and doesn't like it or if Cbatsea comments??

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Tks!! Figured kissing the cod was a little too much. Imagine trying to explain it :-)

I can appreciate not everyone cares for my sense of humor just as I care not for their opinions regarding it ;p

One thing you will learn on CC is that many these landlubbers have a serious reaction to salt air over their many, many cruises. Salt air seems to make their funny-bones disappear.:D

It’s either that or some strange surgical ritual at those platinum/emerald/diamond/pinnicale/rhodiam get-togethers. ;p