Dining rooms - how many can you seat?

hlb76

They will likely need to split you up unless they can get you on one of the long walls that are half booths and half chairs -- depends on if they have this on your boat

When we had a large party of about 20 they just put us a 2 rounds side by side

I strongly suggest going to see them when you get on the boat so they can arrange that - or maybe even calling customer service ahead of time and see if they can make arrangements

There was a table right inside of the horizon dining room that seat 16. That said you will probably be at two tables. There are some breaks in the dining room which give a long booth wall in the middle that they could put 12 at easily.

Sent from my iPhone

If you sit at a round table for 12 or more just remember to bring your megaphone and your ear horn. You won't be able to hear or converse normally with those across the table. It's between 8 and 9 feet across the table.

We always get two tables and then switch places every night so that we can be seated next to everyone a couple of times a cruise.

If you sit at a round table for 12 or more just remember to bring your megaphone and your ear horn. You won't be able to hear or converse normally with those across the table. It's between 8 and 9 feet across the table.

We always get two tables and then switch places every night so that we can be seated next to everyone a couple of times a cruise.

This -- :D We've done this and it works fine.

We've also been at a long rectangular table for 12 and rotated clockwise around the table so you were sitting across from someone different each night.

We are a group of 12 booking Vista for next March. Are there tables big enough for us or will be be split up? TIA

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Depends on what dining everyone is confirmed for.

In the anytime dining MDR there are 2 big round tables for groups up to 14, plus several areas where tables for 2 or 4 can be pushed together. But you might experience a wait to get everyone sat together. Reservations are not generally given, but sometimes if a member of the group goes to the hostess station on deck 5 around 5:15 a request might be taken for a large table at a certain time frame.

For set time dining first make sure all of the booking are confirmed for the same dinner seating then make sure each booking is cross referenced/linked as preferring to sit with each other. The Maitre'D or hostess will make sure that everyone is sat together as much as possible. Again there are a couple of extra large round tables and smaller tables that can be pushed together. If you prefer a grouping of smaller round (6-8 tops) tables or using separated tables for 4 in the same service area can used with individuals picking which of the tables from the group can sit at each night.

We are a group of 12 booking Vista for next March. Are there tables big enough for us or will be be split up? TIA

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

No problem. We were on the Vista in March with a party of 12 and had a table that seated us all. they actually have one table that can seat about 20.

It certainly depends on when you dine. If it's set dining time there is more chance you'll be at one table if all reservations are linked. If you do anytime dining I'd say it's iffy. I was with a group of 10 last cruise and the wait was always super long to get tables pushed together or one big enough for us. We often had to split up.

Who would we contact to request our seating arrangements? We have a party of 14 traveling on the Breeze in July. 8 adults, 6 kids. We'd like 2 tables close together, but would prefer to be able to have a kids table and a grown up table (with the grown ups close enough to keep everyone's behavior in check). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who would we contact to request our seating arrangements? We have a party of 14 traveling on the Breeze in July. 8 adults, 6 kids. We'd like 2 tables close together, but would prefer to be able to have a kids table and a grown up table (with the grown ups close enough to keep everyone's behavior in check). :)

Your Carnival PVP should be able to help get you set up. Just give them a call or send an E-mail. My PVP has arranged the trips for me and all the folks traveling in my group. She links up our reservations so we dine together every night. Our next adventure is next Spring. Currently, there are 13 of us in one group. She's booked all of our cabins so we're all on the same deck and the same side of ship. She's linked all of our early dining in the MDR, and she's added everyone's birthdays or celebrations. It's great. Makes vacation planning super easy.

That is my advice as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, the best way to handle this is to email the Vista maitre'd (VSmaitred@carnival.com) about six days before your cruise and give them every room number and name of all the guests you want seated at your table. Also, give them information about how you would like the group split up if you have to be at two tables. Keep in mind how crazy it is on embarkation day, so you don't want to send the email on the first day of the voyage just prior to yours...hence the six days out. If you wait too late, they will have the assignments already made for your trip and it may be too late. This works every time.

Good luck!

Brad