Weight restriction to get on North Star? Asking for 9 Night Anthem Bermuda/Caribbean

I'm curious about the process of getting on North Star.

I've heard from others here that they weigh you at the door and I wanted to know from someone's experience how that process goes and if it's embarrassing.

I don't think I'm too heavy but my husband might be. I plan on making rsvps as soon as I can and we're both excited about going on it but it's going to be a sucky moment if depending on how they do the weighing, if they do it.

I've warned hubby about this and now he doesn't even want me to make an rsvp for him because he doesn't want to be singled out, publicly weighed, and obviously turned away in front of a line of others.

Does anyone have any details on this process?

The weight restriction is 300 lbs. on northstar. No one was weighed when we rode it and there was a man that was in that weight range, if not heavier.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't be weighing people at another time but they didn't in our experience.

They do weigh you, yes. It is done out in the open but there is not a big scale with bright numbers on it with a buzzer if you exceed a certain weight. Only the staff or anyone who really makes an effort can see it.

Not sure if there is a weight limit per person but there is indeed a weight limit for the group allowed on as a whole. It is possible, depending on how many folks are waiting that you would be asked to wait if the limit is met and you are near the end of the line waiting.

We sailed on Anthem in March 2016. We were not weighed, maybe just eyeballed? I'm well under the limit, but DH probably comes close. I don't remember how many folks were on with us. We also rode north star on Quantum in November 2014. It was much more crowded and no one was weighed then either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were weighted when I went, I think it's about the total weight of how many people are in The pod. So it maybe depending on how many adults and kids whether they weight you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time on North Star in January 2016, there was a bathroom type scale and everyone was weighed. I do not recall being weighed, or not, in January 2017. I do not think there is an individual weight limit but there is a combined weight limit of all the passengers. The attendant wrote down everyone's weight and also said it aloud so that those nearby did hear.

First time on North Star in January 2016, there was a bathroom type scale and everyone was weighed. I do not recall being weighed, or not, in January 2017. I do not think there is an individual weight limit but there is a combined weight limit of all the passengers. The attendant wrote down everyone's weight and also said it aloud so that those nearby did hear.

The requirement for the individual weight limit is for the safety equipment to take you down if NorthStar gets stuck in the up position. I was on the May 20th cruise. The online signup required you to state that you were under 300 lbs. They didn't weigh anyone when we went last week. But I was probably the closest to 300 and I'm not that close. It was an easy group to eyeball the weight and let everyone on.

I believe they spot check. I've been on Quatum and Anthem 12 times total. I've seen they weigh people a fw times. The weight of less than 300 is for the harness to let you down in case of an emergency.

It's a group weight. Now the I- FLY was 250 depending on height.

Just curious... Is there a max/min height for I-FLY? I am pretty short, DH is pretty tall. Not that we have an Anthem class cruise booked, but just wanted to know for future reference...

Just curious... Is there a max/min height for I-FLY? I am pretty short, DH is pretty tall. Not that we have an Anthem class cruise booked, but just wanted to know for future reference...

Yes, there is a weight limit that is based on height for ifly.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=319&faqSubjectName=Ships+&faqId=5847

There is also a maximum individual weight of 300lb on Northstar. The group weight comment is not correct.

Yes, there is a weight limit that is based on height for ifly.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=319&faqSubjectName=Ships+&faqId=5847

There is also a maximum individual weight of 300lb on Northstar. The group weight comment is not correct.

We were weighed as a group because there was a large person in a wheel chair that he could not easily get out of.

April 2016 on Anthem they weighed all of us, including kids who obviously weren't even 75 lbs. We were told it's because the harness system they use for evacuation in case the arm gets stuck has a weight limit which makes sense.

More than likely there are load sensors built into the resting cradle that tells them the total passenger weight. This would leave the only reason for weighing someone is to verify that they meet the safety harness criteria. For the most part this can be done visually unless they think a person is close to not being with the requirements.

This is probably why the use of scales is not consistent.

Adding to this the load sensors should be accurate enough to tell them the weigh of each person as they enter North Star as long as there is a couple of seconds between each person as they step inside. Rough seas could inhibit the speed it takes to get an accurate reading which means they would have to default back to a scale for the questionable weights.

We were weighed as a group because there was a large person in a wheel chair that he could not easily get out of.

Was the wheel chair person able to do the North Star? We will have an electric wheel chair person with us that is unable to get out of the chair. Will they even allow that type of chair on?

The folks who run it are pretty good at "guesstimating". They do NOT want to "embarrass" anyone.

Sort of like a helicopter...they place you in there according to weight, to balance the aircraft.....it's a safety thing!!

Was the wheel chair person able to do the North Star? We will have an electric wheel chair person with us that is unable to get out of the chair. Will they even allow that type of chair on?

they only let non powered wheelchairs that meet the attachment configuration and size :)

Anthem of the Seas North Star Pictures

click on link go through pictures , there is one of " important information "

Trouble (pete):halo:

The folks who run it are pretty good at "guesstimating". They do NOT want to "embarrass" anyone.

Sort of like a helicopter...they place you in there according to weight, to balance the aircraft.....it's a safety thing!!

No they don't! No one is placed anywhere, you are free to move about and take pictures from all sides. People stand the whole time, there are no seats. The issue is the harness that would be used if Northstar got stuck in an up position. Everyone would have to be lowered to the deck below so they need to make sure no one is too small for the harnesses or too big.